Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1022. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 183
Merit: 100
DarkFlarb to the moon!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
What on earth is going on with the forum? https://forum.getmonero.org/

I think it's more work from FaffyPonzy (the ex journalist/marketer-turned 'ascetic intellectual dev' who 'is not in it for the money') to get PR into XMR to keep the Polo pump going (and some to Bittrex now they struck a deal) as an easier way than actually developing anything (he figures that's a lost cause anyway).  And have to use DRK/Dash's name to try to do that (as usual).   Or did I miss something?

You miss lots of things.  First of all, a sense of humor.

Second, you missed the point of fluffy's reddit domination post and the one from Debora here yesterday.

Third, you missed the implications of vertoe's resignation and the points of his last two posts.

Here's something you can't miss:

DASH collapsing.  DARKFLARB UP!

it's like comparing Bitcoin with Paycoin. One has real devs and innovation, the other is a marketing scam with off-the-shelf software and no development. what's your point?

EDIT: i think my sense of humor died in the XMR vs DRK thread Cheesy

i just couldn't help myself.
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000
A bit of wood:

It would make a nice woodwallet (with a 3D printer or a sticker)

Should engrave reasonably well too. Hmm, I might have to try this...

The logo looks incredible there.

From a former cabinet and furniture makers view I would get rid of that pine or spruce wood and go try out walnut, oak, or ash.  Plank is huge compared to logo.  Cut it down a little.  Engraved with the painted logo and lettering the way it is colored now would look good on real wood, just a little bigger on the logo and lettering and smaller on the wood plank. Perhaps some fancy routing around the edges.

This company does great work by the way.  No affiliation.
http://www.woodcraft.com/Static/engraving.aspx

My .02¢ worth.

Could look nice with it burned onto the wood somehow, sort of branded

This is what I was originally talking about, i.e., laser engraving.
Activity: 392
Merit: 255

I think it's more work from FaffyPonzy (the ex journalist/marketer-turned 'ascetic intellectual dev' who 'is not in it for the money') to get PR into XMR to keep the Polo pump going (and some to Bittrex now they struck a deal) as an easier way than actually developing anything (he figures that's a lost cause anyway).  And have to use DRK/Dash's name to try to do that (as usual).   Or did I miss something?

You miss lots of things.  First of all, a sense of humor.

Second, you missed the point of fluffy's reddit domination post and the one from Debora here yesterday.

Third, you missed the implications of vertoe's resignation and the points of his last two posts.

DASH collapsing.  DARKFLARB UP!

it's like comparing Bitcoin with Paycoin. One has real devs and innovation, the other is a marketing scam with off-the-shelf software and no development. what's your point?

EDIT: i think my sense of humor died in the XMR vs DRK thread Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

You miss lots of things.  First of all, a sense of humor.

DASH collapsing.  DARKFLARB UP!
Activity: 500
Merit: 500
What's wrong?

Dark flarb is a very good name, much better than monero!  Grin
Activity: 392
Merit: 255

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

BECAUSE IT IS TRUE ! Monero finally, after tons of consensual discussions was rebranded to dark flarb.

thanks to our leaders for deciding that wise - nobody would invest in a currency with stupid esperanto name.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Activity: 131
There was a bug in the wallet upgrade, I think it might well be in 0.8.8.6, but I'm not 100% sure. In any case, it's fixed now, and you can either (1) wait for next build, (2) build your own from git, (3) try a version in between, if they're still downloadable. Hopefully new builds will appear soon.

Edit: about your latest post restoring from seed, you can just move the wallet away (ie, to another directory, or just change its filename). This will let simplewallet create it anew. Don't delete it first, just in case.

yes, I said version is 0.8.8.6,  I try many, maybe wait next version
so, thank u
legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001
There was a bug in the wallet upgrade, I think it might well be in 0.8.8.6, but I'm not 100% sure. In any case, it's fixed now, and you can either (1) wait for next build, (2) build your own from git, (3) try a version in between, if they're still downloadable. Hopefully new builds will appear soon.

Edit: about your latest post restoring from seed, you can just move the wallet away (ie, to another directory, or just change its filename). This will let simplewallet create it anew. Don't delete it first, just in case.

my xmr client upgrade from monero.win.x64.v0-8-8-1 to  monero.win.x64.v0-8-8-6

I only have  ccc.keys file, its build on monero.win.x64.v0-8-8-1, ccc bin file had deleted.

---------------
monero.win.x64.v0-8-8-6 bitmonerod.exe is runing

monero.win.x64.v0-8-8-6 wallet got that:

You had been using a deprecated version of the wallet. Your wallet file format is being upgraded now.
Error: failed to load wallet: file not found "ccc"

====
monero.win.x64.v0-8-8-1 wallet, got this:

C:\Intel\Logs>simplewallet
bitmonero wallet v0.8.8.1(0.1-g328a52a)
Specify wallet file name (e.g., wallet.bin). If the wallet doesn't exist, it will be created.
Wallet file name: ccc
password: *****
48hMwFYFxbcaHxdD8Q3jqyTL54dvf6iLzhj78zaXvHj4iGqSGEjgokx74sJqo7U5RwMph5MyEYWjR5r Uyw8Eqrd*******
Starting refresh...

------------------------------
when ccc bin file [build on v0.8.8.1 ]sync ok.

C:\Intel\Logs\monero.win.x64.v0-8-8-6>simplewallet
bitmonero wallet v0.8.8.6-release
Specify wallet file name (e.g., wallet.bin). If the wallet doesn't exist, it will be created.
Error: failed to load wallet: failed to read file "ccc"
-------------------------------------

simplewalletv0.8.8.1 can rebuild ccc.bin file,  but v0.8.8.6 didn't

v0.8.8.1 could run, but only get coin, transfer can't do

and what can I do?

any help ??!! Huh Embarrassed

no one helped this poor guy yet? Sorry man, I would help but all I would say is try the mnemonic seed restore, but I don't know which version that was in. Where's the cavalry?

many thanks !! the mnemonic seed restore can't use

same wrong info:

======

Error: Attempting to generate or restore wallet, but specified file(s) exist. 
Exiting to not risk overwriting.

---------

Activity: 770
Merit: 504
(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪
With XMR.TO we can send to a btc address privately.  What needs to be done in order to receive privately from a btc address?

Create new Bitcoin address and never spend that coins/ use mixer/ exchange them back to monero
legendary

I only have  ccc.keys file, its build on monero.win.x64.v0-8-8-1, ccc bin file had deleted.

---------------

You had been using a deprecated version of the wallet. Your wallet file format is being upgraded now.

====

48hMwFYFxbcaHxdD8Q3jqyTL54dvf6iLzhj78zaXvHj4iGqSGEjgokx74sJqo7U5RwMph5MyEYWjR5r Uyw8Eqrd*******
Starting refresh...

and what can I do?

no one helped this poor guy yet? Sorry man, I would help but all I would say is try the mnemonic seed restore, but I don't know which version that was in. Where's the cavalry?
legendary
Ok Guys 2 questions...

1. WHY This shit is pumping so hard?
2. WHEN "THE DUMP" will start?

Roll Eyes

speculation thread answer I gave almost a week ago?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10919660

---------------

====

Starting refresh...

and what can I do?

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
Ok Guys 2 questions...

Roll Eyes

First of, it's not the first time. Secondly, there's a sustainable rise - not a bubble (yet). When a bubble occurs you will notice a parabolic rise. Then, you should sell (or wait for another parabolic rise)  Grin
Activity: 371
Merit: 250
Ok Guys 2 questions...

Roll Eyes
Activity: 518
Merit: 502
Eww, why does it only show a dollar sign? Sad

Ok, I get it. Theymos managed to troll everyone.  Grin
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/avatars-re-enabled-1008863
Activity: 518
Merit: 502
to celebrate my new rank, i rewrote my signature. i made several version. feel free to use them (especially if you are proud to support xmr  Grin)
you need to be at least sr. menber for the four first. the last sould be OK with jr. and menber but without color.

XMR.TO   Pay any Bitcoin address.
   Truly anonymously, using Monero.

Nice. Thanks for that, Arux! Directly used the opportunity to update my profile also with the newly enabled avatars Smiley

Eww, why does it only show a dollar sign? Sad
Jump to: