Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1026. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
Hey guys, what's with this latest rise?  Is it a mystery or was there a clear catalyst?

Get ready for Early-April 2015, probably the first, fools!

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Hey guys, what's with this latest rise?  Is it a mystery or was there a clear catalyst?

The need for privacy is a clear catalyst
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
How does MyMonero import work? 10 XMR per import (per wallet)?

yeah. If you pay the 10 XMR, it will import your wallet. (say you created a wallet 5 months ago)

However, if you just created a new wallet (using simplewallet), there's no need to import, because there are no previous transactions.
legendary
Activity: 1120
How does MyMonero import work? 10 XMR per import (per wallet)?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
A mining FYI:

The mining pool monero.crypto-pool.fr has started sending payout with a mixin of 3.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658990.420

nice campaign over there 5w00p!
Activity: 408
Merit: 261
I had the exact same problem.  After a few days of fiddling with it I gave up and could not get that official binary to work.

I installed brew and installed the unofficial binary from sammy007's repository and that has been working fine.

Reported my experiences to the devs in the IRC channel.
Activity: 265
Merit: 100
Mac download doesn't work on my notebook.

Be more specific please.

Downloading Monero version 0.8.8.6 for Mac OS X, 64-bit on https://getmonero.org/downloads/
gives me a folder : monero.mac.x64.v0-8-8-6.tar.bz2
extracting this folder I get : monero.mac.x64.v0-8-8-6
opening the folder I get : bitmonerod and simplewallet
If I want to start bitmonerod or simplewallet I get the following message:

Last login: Tue Mar 31 11:48:16 on ttys000
brunos-MacBook-Pro:~ clark$ /Users/clark/Downloads/monero.mac.x64.v0-8-8-6/bitmonerod ; exit;
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libevent-2.0.5.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/clark/Downloads/monero.mac.x64.v0-8-8-6/bitmonerod
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5
logout

Activity: 265
Mac download doesn't work on my notebook.
legendary
Activity: 1050
As I promised:

Question... is the logo supposed to actually be round?  I'm not a graphics guy but I was wondering...

Yes, the logo is actually supposed to be round Smiley
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Can anyone explain to me, how I can restore my monero wallet? What files do I need? monero.keys?

I also have the secret words.
The .keys file could be generated based on the words and you don't need the password (you could change the password this way - try it first before deleting the .keys file and make sure you get the same wallet address). The .keys file is all you need to spend the funds - it's encrypted with the password you chose and the other files are generated based on the .keys. There is a Monero Support thread - if you need more help it's better to ask there or in #monero IRC channel @ freenode.

Ok, ill see if I can figure it out. If not, ill try the IRC. Thanks.
Activity: 794
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
Can anyone explain to me, how I can restore my monero wallet? What files do I need? monero.keys?

The .keys file could be generated based on the words and you don't need the password (you could change the password this way - try it first before deleting the .keys file and make sure you get the same wallet address). The .keys file is all you need to spend the funds - it's encrypted with the password you chose and the other files are generated based on the .keys. There is a Monero Support thread - if you need more help it's better to ask there or in #monero IRC channel @ freenode.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10

Activity: 644
Merit: 502
A mining FYI:

The mining pool monero.crypto-pool.fr has started sending payout with a mixin of 3.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658990.420

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
no surprising re-namings, no fishy optimized miners

Why are people so dumb? If i know how to code and can improve a miner to make it fast, it DOES NOT mean i need to make it open source. Its my choice and devs cannot force me to do it

Lazlo the pizza guy made the first bitcoin GPU miner. What if he didnt open source it? Bitcoin is fishy?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
 no surprising re-namings, no fishy optimized miners
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Get excited over Monero's recent price climb
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/monero/btc/max_days
Remember its peak, it used to be more than 2x its value today  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Yea but it isn't a particularly meaningful data point considering altcoins do that. Everyone gets excited when they first come out yet there is almost no supply, then interest wanes at the same time that more supply comes online.
Activity: 196
Get excited over Monero's recent price climb
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/monero/btc/max_days
Remember its peak, it used to be more than 2x its value today  Shocked Shocked Shocked
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
You guys give that little 2005 dually alot of credit!

4.34 h/s !!!
Activity: 283
Merit: 250
Just for shits and grins I have wolfs Non AES miner running on a 939 3800+ running @2800mhz, who wants to guess the hash?
28 h/s
I win?
Jump to: