Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1038. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Please recommend me which of the two pools is more productive and reliable? Teeter between http://monero.crypto-pool.fr and http://dwarfpool.com
Thanks for your cooperation!

That kind of thing will get better answers on the mining thread
Activity: 425
Merit: 250
Please recommend me which of the two pools is more productive and reliable? Teeter between http://monero.crypto-pool.fr and http://dwarfpool.com
Thanks for your cooperation!
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
21 million. I want them all.
Get it before the Dash guys buy it for a couple thousand bucksand redirect XMR traffic to their site
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10886617
nice it looks like good work., any chance we see Monero on it?

Sure, Monero is a good candidate since it has a good amount of trade volume. I'll try to get it in the next release or two.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Does anyone have info about who owns monero.org? The info on that site isn't totally stale.

If I recall correctly it is a domain squatter who has showed up a few times wanting a payoff. We've counter-offered with donate the domain instead.

I've been looking to message him, it's baffling as to why he keeps the domain if it's to no use. His email doesn't work/is offline on the website. I spoke with the owner of monero.net however, he's giving away 100% of the money from fees to the monero dev fund.
legendary
Does anyone have info about who owns monero.org? The info on that site isn't totally stale.

If I recall correctly it is a domain squatter who has showed up a few times wanting a payoff. We've counter-offered with donate the domain instead.

legendary
And the fact is, the only purpose was indeed to get attention to Monero IOW advertising.

That was not my purpose in posting on the DRK/DASH thread.

Honestly, I doubt that was iCEBREAKER's purpose either. He can be annoying and trollish (at least he's an intelligent troll though) but I don't think he really cares that much about advertising Monero. AdamWhite, I have no idea what is going on there. Some others who posted on there, who knows, maybe you are right.

Overall I think your statement is baseless conjecture that is certainly false in one case, probably two, and I don't know about the others.

The created thread itself turned out quite good after the rough start however, I enjoyed it a lot.

Agree.
legendary
Ive been on this forum since 2010 and i have a total of 14 people on my ignore list, since 2010! I cant even imagine how many people are on the ignore list of people THIS sensitive. (interestingly icebreaker is one of the lucky 14)

Perhaps you should have made yourself a model of resilience and set a better example for the noobs, instead of being so delicate and sensitive?

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.   Wink

I am assuming that you wrote this for consumption and digestion by everyone except Anon136, as he can't read it, seeing as how you are on his ignore list.

(Maybe he can read it now that I quoted you(?)

Ah, the dramas of an online forum of nerds.

When money is involved, Now if there was only 1 Girl. :rofl:

A darkcoin dev left over the name change. What was her name?  What if *she* became a Monero dev? Wink

Vertoe, I guess asking if she might be interested in doing some work would never hurt..

There is little evidence that vertoe is actually a she. Vertoe made a post referencing vertoe's wife, which of course doesn't prove anything, but is suggestive. Plus vertoe being a she comes from vertoe's bitcointalk profile which also says age 45 and location Teheran, all pretty doubtful.

Anyway, vertoe is welcome to contribute to Monero, as is anyone.

In fact vertoe already contributed to Monero once

Code:
$ git log --author=vertoe
commit 41533168a9a827e8cdc500dfd9a3676afe41e503
Author: vertoe
Date:   Mon May 5 19:59:21 2014 +0200

fix CMakeLists.txt to add -lpthread, did not compile boost 1.55
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
Ive been on this forum since 2010 and i have a total of 14 people on my ignore list, since 2010! I cant even imagine how many people are on the ignore list of people THIS sensitive. (interestingly icebreaker is one of the lucky 14)

Perhaps you should have made yourself a model of resilience and set a better example for the noobs, instead of being so delicate and sensitive?

I am assuming that you wrote this for consumption and digestion by everyone except Anon136, as he can't read it, seeing as how you are on his ignore list.

A darkcoin dev left over the name change. What was her name?  What if *she* became a Monero dev? Wink

Vertoe, I guess asking if she might be interested in doing some work would never hurt..
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Those people in the dark coin thread are crazy! Its like some sort of cult or something over there. They all have me blocked but I did nothing that could be construed as trolling. They think it was part of some sort of elaborate plan, that i was "laying spider webs" and that it was going to all climate in some sort of very clever troll trap.

It's actually really bad because I run something of a little business on bitcoin talk by selling my impeccable reputation and I cant have people ignoring me. In fact I was tip toeing around the whole time precisely because of this. But it's just apparently SO easy to offend their delicate sensitivities that i somehow managed to do it.

*edit* part of me wants to go over there and try to repair the damage i somehow caused but the smarter part of me knows that if i do ill make things worse.
Animal studies showed that animal exhibiting a behaviour are the most prone to be concerned of someone else exhibiting the same behaviour - this works for humans too. Probably something related to mirror neurons.

For instance, the blackbird (not 100% it is the blackbird, but definitely a non-raptor bird) steals food from others and his constantly taking measure to avoid its own food being stolen. My previous competitor at scriptarium.fr (that we then left in the dust) was convinced every one was trying to scam him - it happens that he was the kind to scam everyone. This is a great way to gauge a person. Tell me what you fear, I'll tell you what you are.

Now, you are telling that they think this is "some sort of elaborate plan". Should tell you something about their way of behaving.

No, it's just simply that many people come in there trying to get attention to their coin in some thinly veiled manner because it's the most visible thread and DASH is the leader. Most come just straight up spamming advertisements but some have learned to disguise their ads more cleverly. And people have gotten tired of it. And the fact is, the only purpose was indeed to get attention to Monero IOW advertising.

The created thread itself turned out quite good after the rough start however, I enjoyed it a lot.
legendary

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

Looks like the owner made an effort to stay up to date until recently. Just wondering why didn't he transfer the domain to the devs.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
People dont read posts that are too long.
Quite the opposite, at least in my case. I long noticed a strongly (but not absolute) positive correlation between the length of a post and its usefulness.

Spoenick (or however it's spelled) Not withstanding rite? Smiley

There is always some room for error :p
legendary
Quite the opposite, at least in my case. I long noticed a strongly (but not absolute) positive correlation between the length of a post and its usefulness.

Spoenick (or however it's spelled) Not withstanding rite? Smiley
Activity: 231
Merit: 100

I concur. I look forward to long and well-structured posts. They usually have some good information in them.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

The overall tendency seems to be a function of critical thinking faculties.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
...so where is the old linux x86 simplewallet binary ? Its not on getmonero.org , OP or github.

We've never distributed a Linux 32-bit binary, you'll have to build it yourself
Jump to: