Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1039. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
...so where is the old linux x86 simplewallet binary ? Its not on getmonero.org , OP or github.

i know there's a way to git different versions somehow - that would allow you to compile an old version. i have no idea re: binaries.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
...so where is the old linux x86 simplewallet binary ? Its not on getmonero.org , OP or github.
Activity: 453
Merit: 500
hello world
That's why I played it safe and got into Monero.

Most people in Monero are not in Monero to play safe, or to invest, or whatever people call it when they are in an altcoin for profit.

Monero has this very particular thing in altcoinland, that supporters are not there primarily for the profit. I know it's hard to figure, but it's true. Many early adopters are still underwater today (I am personally, and with no small amount); the core team, who are no random guys, are funding development largely out of their own pockets; yet Monero is steadily florishing since almost a year now and more and more people are spending time building stuff to make it more useful.

Personally I am in Monero out of fascination for the highly elegant technology, for the social importance of it, and for the community dedication behind it. Only once it has happened to me before, with Bitcoin. I can't speek for everybody, but I am confident it's a largely shared feeling around here. So please keep all your investment crap in other altcoin threads, that doesn't belong here. (At best, in speculation thread).

i want to shout out my respect for this. i only see this becasue of the digests, so thx GingerAle for that.
i am also here for many reasons, money is not really one of them (also depends on my real-life situation of course, things can change fast for me). be it ethical, technological, religious (Grin) or whatever reasons, i still feel people like us are the majority in monero and it feels very good. thats why we are who we are. We have to keep this state as long as possible, i know this will be difficult once price really starts moving up, but we should be aware that this is a big part of what monero makes so special.

i think the videoGingerAle posted once sums it up really nicely. i kindly repost this:

TED talk that has connected with me.

Also, for me, connects with Monero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp0HIF3SfI4#t=14

(18 minutes)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Ive been on this forum since 2010 and i have a total of 14 people on my ignore list, since 2010! I cant even imagine how many people are on the ignore list of people THIS sensitive. (interestingly icebreaker is one of the lucky 14)

Perhaps you should have made yourself a model of resilience and set a better example for the noobs, instead of being so delicate and sensitive?

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.   Wink
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
should i buy monero ?

Probably not, not unless you have a particular use for it as a store of value or medium of exchange. If you're buying it to hold for some point in time in the far future I suppose that's reasonable, as long as you don't buy more than you're willing to lose, and you understand that there is a risk that Monero's value (perceived or otherwise) may drop for reasons outside of everyone's control (ie. market forces).

i mean if drk can pump why cant monero?

We can't stop speculators from coming in, but we're not encouraging it. A significant number of cryptocurrency speculators have a tendency to think of themselves as "investors", when what they've actually done is purchased Monero for their own enrichment, so they don't always add value. I guess because we're not encouraging those sort of people there is a greater possibility that Monero won't "pump".

This is why XMR is different. A Dev that lays it straight and doesn't try to sucker people in to a P&D scheme even when that person wants a P&D. Lol
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

Although you are a bit of a troll, I still feel the obligation to help you get into the right direction. So here you go -> https://github.com/freebazaar?tab=activity

Thanks, thats what i was looking for. Not once was it posted on this thread...
Doesnt look good at first glance, actually looks terrible...

EDIT : Its beyond terrible, why are donators not starting a fire already to burn the scammer who collected 30BTC worth of monero to write a few lines of code in three months ?!?

Probably not all coding is done on github. However, this is just my thought. I, for a fact, did not invest in it and thus unfortunately can't tell you how the project is progressing.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
should i buy monero ?

Probably not, not unless you have a particular use for it as a store of value or medium of exchange. If you're buying it to hold for some point in time in the far future I suppose that's reasonable, as long as you don't buy more than you're willing to lose, and you understand that there is a risk that Monero's value (perceived or otherwise) may drop for reasons outside of everyone's control (ie. market forces).

We can't stop speculators from coming in, but we're not encouraging it. A significant number of cryptocurrency speculators have a tendency to think of themselves as "investors", when what they've actually done is purchased Monero for their own enrichment, so they don't always add value. I guess because we're not encouraging those sort of people there is a greater possibility that Monero won't "pump".

^^^ IS IT TRUE?
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
should i buy monero ?

Activity: 333
Merit: 250
should i buy monero ?
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Thanks for uploading it again, it was redirecting to a 404 earlier today.
Now that you mention donating, what is going on with 10k XMR donation to Atrides, dwarfpool admin ? Has he written one line of code yet ? It has been 3 months already...

EDIT: Where to download old linux x86 bin. ?

I didn't upload it, it was always there, it's just the link on the OP that is incorrect - thanks for catching that:)

You can use the same blockchain.bin as for Windows x64
legendary

Although you are a bit of a troll, I still feel the obligation to help you get into the right direction. So here you go -> https://github.com/freebazaar?tab=activity

Thanks, thats what i was looking for. Not once was it posted on this thread...
Doesnt look good at first glance, actually looks terrible...

EDIT : Its beyond terrible, why are donators not starting a fire already to burn the scammer who collected 30BTC worth of monero to write a few lines of code in three months ?!?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
It is a public project.
The information is public. No I'm not going to help you find it.

Monero community deserves better. You are one lousy core dev.

Maybe if I were a 'reputable developer' and you weren't an obnoxious troll, things might be different between us. sniff sniff

You pull the troll card out of your ass too often. Not working anymore.

EDIT: The previously provided link is only from the main user. Other work can be found here: https://github.com/freebazaar/FreeBazaar
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

How long is it going to take, a week, month, longer ?  You should have left simplewallet x86t binary, cant sync my cold storage !@#

You can't read, don't understand or are not following for some other elemental reason.

there's always the pay 10 xmr and import your wallet into mymonero option. Just goto mymonero.org and login with your coldwallet mneumonic seed.
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
This joke made my day. I would not touch any online wallet with a barge pole..

Aha.  It's that you are dumb.  The crypto at mymonero.com is all client side.

Why am I trying to teach you?

Ah well. Wink
legendary
It is a public project.

Monero community deserves better. You are one lousy core dev.

Maybe if I were a 'reputable developer' and you weren't an obnoxious troll, things might be different between us. sniff sniff

You pull the troll card out of your ass too often. Not working anymore.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
No thank you, it's not my project. You should ask Atrides although I think he promised only to keep donators informed about his progress. Let me guess, that does not include you?

First you ask the community to donate then you go dark on everyone except the donators. Atrides running a private, for-profit project or is it a public project ?

It is a public project.

legendary
No thank you, it's not my project. You should ask Atrides although I think he promised only to keep donators informed about his progress. Let me guess, that does not include you?

First you ask the community to donate then you go dark on everyone except the donators. Atrides running a private, for-profit project or is it a public project ?
You are the only core-dev (unfortunately) that has donated, you should keep the community informed of the progress.

Nice trust rating btw.

Thanks. Not relevant.
legendary
Now that you mention donating, what is going on with 10k XMR donation to Atrides, dwarfpool admin ? Has he written one line of code yet ?

Yes

Would you like to share any other information with the community ?

In my opinion only fluffypony is a reputable dev, smooth, tacotime, othe, you guys are a joke.

Cool.

Nice trust rating btw.

legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001
Now that you mention donating, what is going on with 10k XMR donation to Atrides, dwarfpool admin ? Has he written one line of code yet ?

Yes

In my opinion only fluffypony is a reputable dev, smooth, tacotime, othe, you guys are a joke.
Previously when you asked about the x86 I wasn't sure if you were a troll or not.
Now I know.
legendary

Yes

legendary

Yes
Jump to: