Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1035. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 227
Merit: 100
Unfortunately, sometimes you just have to push that Ignore button! DONE! One less Primer irritant in my life!
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Don't you know how open source works fluffypony? There's a core team of developers that sit around coding all day waiting for people to tell them what to do. Jeesh

/sarcasm

Well actually, we're on a yacht. But the rest is 100% accurate.

Word...

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Oh well, on to something truly interesting....

There's a new iteration of !

Excellent work!
Activity: 453
Merit: 500
hello world
i trust the devs to use our donations wisely. experts are expensive. i donated 1k xmr, with this you can maybe get an expert to work for you for an 8 hour day if you are very lucky. where i am from daily rates for usefull people are way higher. there will be a new wave of donations once the minimum mixin and the db is out, i promise, i will try to scratch together some more.
this is an open source project. some donate time and know how. others dont have time or dont have know how, so they donate money for those who have. but we all do it for some reason, we want to change something and we are willing to pay for it. those not involved have no right to demand anything.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
It is perfectly legal in the protocol to spend an output that is newer
I did it several time during escrowing. I sent 99.9% of the amount of a wallet to address B, whilst it was stil marked unconfirmed from address A. Worked wonders.

Should that volunteer be denounced? Derided? Should everyone stop supporting the Primertown animal welfare shelter because of this?
Should we verify the bullshit assymetry principle? Or the dark tetrad?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Big bagholder of shares in the primertown glue factory says yes. (While kicking a puppy.)
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Company? Employees? That's not how open-source development works.

Just replace company A with monero and core team with a group of anonymous vigilantes receiving donations for claiming to work on company A applications and my analogy stands.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Lets put this in a real world perspective..

You hold shares of company A so you donate funds hoping to increase the productivity / stimulate the workers.
Company A receives the donation and instead of working overtime to please the donators and receive more donations they spend their time developing the same product FOR A COMPETING company

Ever heard of anything similar ? No, me neither..

Company? Employees? That's not how open-source development works.

Here's a better analogy:

A no-kill animal welfare shelter opens in Primertown. It has no staff, no income, and relies solely on volunteers and donations. Some time later one of the senior volunteers, who spends four days a week at the shelter, decides to to spend a couple of hours a week helping a no-kill animal welfare shelter in Middle-of-Nowheresville because they've lost the only volunteer they had. Should that volunteer be denounced? Derided? Should everyone stop supporting the Primertown animal welfare shelter because of this?
Activity: 400
Merit: 263

You hold shares of company A so you donate funds hoping to increase the productivity / stimulate the workers.
Company A receives the donation and instead of working overtime to please the donators and receive more donations they spend their time developing the same product FOR A COMPETING company

Eveh heard of anything similar ? No, me neither..

You're a speculator like most of us are, not an investor.

I have donated a little money and effort to different monero related projects and I am pleased with the result. Of course I'd be happy if development was quicker but I accept it the way it is.

Should the day come when I found it unacceptable I will sell my holdings and try my luck elsewhere.

I suggest you do the same or GTFO.
donator
Don't you know how open source works fluffypony? There's a core team of developers that sit around coding all day waiting for people to tell them what to do. Jeesh

/sarcasm

Well actually, we're on a yacht. But the rest is 100% accurate.
legendary

Ever heard of anything similar ? No, me neither..
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
set your phasers to ignore for that stunned wonder troll
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

Jesus Christ dude. What's your fucking problem? The guy can do whatever he pleases. He is an active community member contributing to the greater good. People like you are what chases people away from crypto! Smarten up and quit trolling.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

None directly. I just saw a nice simple coin with some people supporting it that wasn't even being updated for critical security flaws, and felt I could help out with that.

None directly yet he hosts the 'most up to date' source code on his personal github account...

I'm working on the Namecoin DNS seeder: https://github.com/fluffypony/namecoin-seeder

I've also forked Neocities and even submitted a PR: https://github.com/fluffypony/neocities

Our main focus is on Monero, but that often gives rise to peripheral and even unrelated projects, and that's ok.

Enough said.  That explains why monero projects never get done.

Oh it's WAY worse than that - we also all have other "work" we do to get "money" in order to cover our "expenses" so that we aren't "homeless" living on the "street". Some of us also have "family" that also take up some of our "time", and we have "hobbies" so that we don't go "mad" because we're working 16 hours a day.

Monero doesn't pay our salaries, self-enriching "investors" don't pay our salaries, and YOU definitely don't pay our salaries, so you're not exactly giving us a choice.

/sarcasm
legendary
Monero doesn't pay our salaries, self-enriching "investors" don't pay our salaries, and YOU definitely don't pay our salaries, so you're not exactly giving us a choice.

I'd love to hear what rpietila, ArticMine and other donators have to say about your shitcoin extracurricular activities...
donator

None directly. I just saw a nice simple coin with some people supporting it that wasn't even being updated for critical security flaws, and felt I could help out with that.

None directly yet he hosts the 'most up to date' source code on his personal github account...

I'm working on the Namecoin DNS seeder: https://github.com/fluffypony/namecoin-seeder

I've also forked Neocities and even submitted a PR: https://github.com/fluffypony/neocities

Our main focus is on Monero, but that often gives rise to peripheral and even unrelated projects, and that's ok.

Oh it's WAY worse than that - we also all have other "work" we do to get "money" in order to cover our "expenses" so that we aren't "homeless" living on the "street". Some of us also have "family" that also take up some of our "time", and we have "hobbies" so that we don't go "mad" because we're working 16 hours a day.

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

I´ve asked you before, and i will ask again... have you donated a very big amount of monero or are you willing to pay the devs a whole-year salary so they can work on monero? Otherwise i guess what they are doing in their free time is none of your business...
legendary

donator

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I'm not pitching, I'm looking after (in the sense of some minimal coordination and patching the code with critical bug fixes) a community that was shit on by a scumbag developer who wanted a payoff when he abandoned the coin. Much like the scumbag developer who took a payoff from darkcoin/dash to abandon dash. Not something that I like to see.

Shouldnt we just let it die?  Undecided Its better there community sells their coins and buy Moneroj

No, that wont work, smooth holds a bag and needs to dump.

Let me tell you more, smooth actually holds very little monero, he sold most if not all when the coins got on mintpal.
Source : irc channel

"12:52 AM Alit: i'll only say that 1. I sold a lot during the mintpal pump, and 2. I bought some at around 0.002 during the bcx scare"

"Some" vs "A lot" ...

1. Did not sell all.

2. "Some" = significant amount imo. Probably one of the biggest holders, though certainly not the biggest.

Nevertheless I have a lot more BTC than XMR and I'm not ashamed to say so. Holdings of other alts insignificant to both.

Keep on trollin' -- the thread wouldn't get bumped nearly as much without you primer-!

Jump to: