Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1034. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Don't you know how open source works fluffypony? There's a core team of developers that sit around coding all day waiting for people to tell them what to do. Jeesh

/sarcasm

Well actually, we're on a yacht. But the rest is 100% accurate.

Word...

Please take my picture off the internet. Not saying which one is me though, at least I still have mix 3 privacy.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
Hello XMR
* P3RS3US waves a white flag

I come in peace.

Please could you supply me with numbers for tx fees to ring sizes (mixin), for 0,1,2,3, 8 and 16
thank you.

or pls link me to a spreadsheet if u have one. ty

Whether or not he has an agenda it is a reasonable question, so I will answer it.

There is no set fee as a function of mix (ring) size, it depends on the size of the transaction which is a function of the header, the number of inputs, the mix factor and the number of outputs. The number of inputs is of equal importance as the mix factor.

A typical range is between 1 kbytes and 20 kbytes, with a fee of 0.01 XMR (currently around 80 USD cents) per kb. So that's anywhere from <0.01 USD to 0.16 USD. Something like 0.03-0.05 is fairly typical. The fee was last adjusted when the price of XMR was around 1/3 of where it was now, so if the price continues to do well the fee would probably get bumped down in some future version (as has happened with BTC several times)

it would be super cool to make that dynamic somehow. Perhaps if the network could measure its own activity .... e.g., if there are more transactions in a block, the fee is less because its assumed the value of each XMR is more...

hrm, or just a flat 1% per KB. Thus, if the value goes up, people will have transactions in the 0.003 XMR range, thus the fee would be 0.01 * 0.003. If the value goes down, people have transactions in the 3 XMR range, thus the fee would be 0.01 * 3 .......
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Hello XMR

I come in peace.

Please could you supply me with numbers for tx fees to ring sizes (mixin), for 0,1,2,3, 8 and 16
thank you.

Whether or not he has an agenda it is a reasonable question, so I will answer it.

There is no set fee as a function of mix (ring) size, it depends on the size of the transaction which is a function of the header, the number of inputs, the mix factor and the number of outputs. The number of inputs is of equal importance as the mix factor.

A typical range is between 1 kbytes and 20 kbytes, with a fee of 0.01 XMR (currently around 80 USD cents) per kb. So that's anywhere from <0.01 USD to 0.16 USD. Something like 0.03-0.05 is fairly typical. The fee was last adjusted when the price of XMR was around 1/3 of where it was now, so if the price continues to do well the fee would probably get bumped down in some future version (as has happened with BTC several times)

Activity: 601
Merit: 500
Where can I find documentation for the JSON RPC API (Daemon and wallet)?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Fees are calculated by kilobyte.

There's no per-ring-fee.... that would be insanely stupid to do.

We are as well as every other sane cryptocurrency charging per space in the blockchain, thats all that is intersting for us.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Hello XMR

I come in peace.

thank you.

its a trap. hes laying spider webs.

Excuse me? No traps. I just want a few figures for tx fees in Monero, surely thats not asking too much? ty
Your reaction flummoxes me a bit.

BTW Weren't u in the SDC thread a couple days ago? (NVM)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Hello XMR

I come in peace.

thank you.

its a trap. hes laying spider webs.
Activity: 140
Monero looking puzzle....! i cant understand how u to get it...
Activity: 168
Hello XMR

I come in peace.

thank you.

legendary
does anyone want the domain moneroforum.org? if not im going to let it expire.

or just keep it and forward it to forum.getmonero.org

Sure and thats what it has been for a long time now. But i just doubt its getting enough hits from people who are looking for forum.getmonero.org in order to justify paying to renew it. If someone else feels differently they can have it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

or just keep it and forward it to forum.getmonero.org

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

Enough said.  That explains why monero projects never get done.

I usually just Ignore the Trolls but I'm just wondering why you are soo BUTHURT!!!

legendary
Yowsers. Look at this ridiculous transaction. http://moneroblocks.eu/tx/a292f8068a525a403700e8d4c76dc6496136790e01b442e55047e46a167a8784

Is it possible to have wallets do more intelligent transaction crafting in-order to avoid accumulating a billion random small denomination inputs?

I mean all these little inputs could be useful if this person wasnt scraping the bottom of the barrel so to speak, which im sure he is. I suppose this is an example of why its a pretty good idea to avoid moving all of your coins between wallets. Just make one wallet and stick with it for the long term and avoid scraping the bottom if possible.

Probably a miner. The only way to avoid that (for them) is to set a much higher minimum payout, like 5 or 10 XMR.

understood
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Yowsers. Look at this ridiculous transaction. http://moneroblocks.eu/tx/a292f8068a525a403700e8d4c76dc6496136790e01b442e55047e46a167a8784

Is it possible to have wallets do more intelligent transaction crafting in-order to avoid accumulating a billion random small denomination inputs?

I mean all these little inputs could be useful if this person wasnt scraping the bottom of the barrel so to speak, which im sure he is. I suppose this is an example of why its a pretty good idea to avoid moving all of your coins between wallets. Just make one wallet and stick with it for the long term and avoid scraping the bottom if possible.

Probably a miner. The only way to avoid that (for them) is to set a much higher minimum payout, like 5 or 10 XMR.
legendary

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

None directly. I just saw a nice simple coin with some people supporting it that wasn't even being updated for critical security flaws, and felt I could help out with that.

None directly yet he hosts the 'most up to date' source code on his personal github account...

I'm working on the Namecoin DNS seeder: https://github.com/fluffypony/namecoin-seeder

I've also forked Neocities and even submitted a PR: https://github.com/fluffypony/neocities

Our main focus is on Monero, but that often gives rise to peripheral and even unrelated projects, and that's ok.

Enough said.  That explains why monero projects never get done.

I´ve asked you before, and i will ask again... have you donated a very big amount of monero or are you willing to pay the devs a whole-year salary so they can work on monero? Otherwise i guess what they are doing in their free time is none of your business...

QFTT
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Monero doesn't pay our salaries, self-enriching "investors" don't pay our salaries, and YOU definitely don't pay our salaries, so you're not exactly giving us a choice.

I'd love to hear what rpietila, ArticMine and other donators have to say about your shitcoin extracurricular activities...

Not sure if it is fair, but outside of your posts being accusatory in nature, this is what we get to see, so I doubt many take what you say seriously:

Jump to: