Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1098. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

No way! That would be incredible. That would bring this project from secure and private to legit science fiction level anonymous. You could have hundreds or even thousands mixin partners. Correct me if im wrong but wouldn't this be the cypherpunk holy grail? Is it really within our grasp and just need "review"?

Would there be a decrease in mix-in costs as the available mix-in levels increased?

No its just O(log(n)). Every additional mixin partner increases the size of your signature but less than the one before it.

look at O(log(n)) compared to other big o notations on this chart. Particularly look at it in comparison to O(n). Its a big difference. For example: If the limit(log(n)) < some reasonable signature size that can be affordably stored on the blockchain than you can use every single other key ever published on the entire blockchain to produce your ring signature. Infact if this were the case we could set a mixin minimum of like 1000 or something crazy.

So in cost terms: if this is implemented, the costs of a 99 level mix-in would be less than the cost of a 99 mix-in as it currently stands? Correct?

Probably. It's possible that this wouldn't be the case if n=2 in the new scheme were sufficiently more resource intensive than n=2 in the old scheme. But its highly unlikely that the difference between n=2 in the current scheme vs n=2 in the new scheme would be great enough to make mixin 99 in the new scheme cost more than mixin 99 in the old. Its a complicated way of saying that O(log(n)) only talks about the shape of the curve, it doesnt say anything about where that curve is placed on the graph.

*edit* sorry that was needlessly complicated. yes. the answer is yes. i cant imagine that the authors of that paper would have even bothered to produce it if the answer were no.

Thank you for the answer--enjoyed the complication. I was assuming a 99 mix-in would be located in latter parts of the O(log n) line for the sake of simplicity. Probably should have stated that.

Ill need to look over that paper and see if i can understand any of it. Didn't bother yet because its too late tonight. Anyone have link?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud

No way! That would be incredible. That would bring this project from secure and private to legit science fiction level anonymous. You could have hundreds or even thousands mixin partners. Correct me if im wrong but wouldn't this be the cypherpunk holy grail? Is it really within our grasp and just need "review"?

Would there be a decrease in mix-in costs as the available mix-in levels increased?

No its just O(log(n)). Every additional mixin partner increases the size of your signature but less than the one before it.

look at O(log(n)) compared to other big o notations on this chart. Particularly look at it in comparison to O(n). Its a big difference. For example: If the limit(log(n)) < some reasonable signature size that can be affordably stored on the blockchain than you can use every single other key ever published on the entire blockchain to produce your ring signature. Infact if this were the case we could set a mixin minimum of like 1000 or something crazy.

So in cost terms: if this is implemented, the costs of a 99 level mix-in would be less than the cost of a 99 mix-in as it currently stands? Correct?

Probably. It's possible that this wouldn't be the case if n=2 in the new scheme were sufficiently more resource intensive than n=2 in the old scheme. But its highly unlikely that the difference between n=2 in the current scheme vs n=2 in the new scheme would be great enough to make mixin 99 in the new scheme cost more than mixin 99 in the old. Its a complicated way of saying that O(log(n)) only talks about the shape of the curve, it doesnt say anything about where that curve is placed on the graph.

*edit* sorry that was needlessly complicated. yes. the answer is yes. i cant imagine that the authors of that paper would have even bothered to produce it if the answer were no.

Thank you for the answer--enjoyed the complication. I was assuming a 99 mix-in would be located in latter parts of the O(log n) line for the sake of simplicity. Probably should have stated that.
legendary

legendary

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
We're mainly interested in an improvement in overall complexity, and both schemes here are O(n). There is a sublinear ring signature paper that in O(log n) in size that we're looking at more closely.

Dont get me excited
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

It means the blue line instead of the green line

Context: http://sites.tufts.edu/comp15/
legendary

legendary
We're mainly interested in an improvement in overall complexity, and both schemes here are O(n). There is a sublinear ring signature paper that in O(log n) in size that we're looking at more closely.

legendary

Good read. Thanks for that! No links to me directly but I see some links to the results of some of my antics Cheesy.
Activity: 672
Like I said bring it on…
I did inform you…

A qt wallet with html 5 gui. Bahahahahaha

Activity: 504
eidoo wallet
I didnt think mymonero was a revenue generating business.  How do they make money?

If someone wants to buy shares of mymonero, just contact me.

Is there a prospectus?

They can make money through ads(adsense etc), selling ad space/clicks, etc etc. (Just replying to what I saw in the moneroworld digest)
Activity: 504
eidoo wallet
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I am only the messenger.

Call me Hermes.

EDIT:yup

You see that you shouldn't take this (too) personally. As I told DRK before: Its all in the game

EDIT: I c i have delivered 4 posts without response. I dont wanna be labelled a troll - so I'll desist

Good evening gentlmen
* child_harold bows
this was meant 4 u. I posted in DRK accidentally…
lucky 4 u Wink

Me and my shadowcash crew go RAIN on yo mothfuckas. We shadowcash bitchez be making mulah dumping on buyers!

Bring it on! 

U have no idea…

Ayyo, aint no one be messing with shadowcash. Ayyo, we goin dump on your buying ass head faster than you can click sell.

Like I said bring it on…
I did inform you…

The history of people like Bobsurplus, Stealthcoin, the BCN shilltrolls, etc. who show up here to spam their own scam or troll XMR tends not to work out well for them ultimately. Welcome to that peer group.

I am thusly welcomed

UPDATE: If u want me to post screenshots of the beautiful Shadow GUI wallet I will Wink
reported.

why? for what?

is this a public forum or not?

I posted a pic of P. Sellers with a sdc logo. whats the prob here?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

The history of people like Bobsurplus, Stealthcoin, the BCN shilltrolls, etc. who show up here to spam their own scam or troll XMR tends not to work out well for them ultimately. Welcome to that peer group.
Jump to: