Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1100. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
Is anybody interested in changing the current Monero logo. Imo it looks too cartoonish for such superior tech. It should be edgy and sharp. Marketing and image need to taken seriously. Lets hold a contest

i'd be interested to see what is created, but IIRC, the current logo was professionally designed and effectively stands out from the others.

I think what is more important is to get the equivalent of BTC goin.

an M with a horizontal line thru it?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Is anybody interested in changing the current Monero logo. Imo it looks too cartoonish for such superior tech. It should be edgy and sharp. Marketing and image need to taken seriously. Lets hold a contest
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
monero.cc no longer redirects to getmonero.org

Just checked, it does redirect to getmonero.org

Maybe you typed it wrong?

no, he used www.monero.cc
and not monero.cc

silly world wide web subdomain.

Added a redirect for www
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
I sent an email to the Tails developers, on the news they are including Bitcoin in the distro, I ask them to give a look at Monero since its the best crypto for privacy, I have not thought before that it was really a problem but we do need an official repo for Monero someday: Smiley

the only way to add a software in Tails is to make sure there is an official debian package, well maintened, and it doesn't seems to be the case for monero...

cheers.

Electrum isn't a Debian package and is just a simple Python package afaik.  Does Monero have a very lightweight web wallet that can be generated with a deterministic seed only.  Until such a time it won't fit within the minimal TAILS distro.  The whole TAILS ISO is only 951.8 MB in size.  And needs to be able to run completely from permanente media like DVD-R's.

Actually you raise a good point - we could look at distributing *just* simplewallet with it, which is useful for generating offline wallets or to use with remote daemons. Something for us to look at.

Yeah a simple wallet package that uses - mymonero.com - as a backend similar to how Electrum works.  Could be very useful and become the bases for building lots of different lightweight wallets.  For mobile devices for example.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053
Free spirit
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

no, he used www.monero.cc
and not monero.cc

silly world wide web subdomain.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
21 million. I want them all.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
http://anonhq.com/bill-gates-calling-for-world-government/#comment-335455

Gates foundation wants the 3rd world under the banking systems thumb.

Bill Gates: The reason poor people face these agonizing choices is not just that they don't have enough assets. They also don't have access to a bank to help them use their assets effectively. If their savings are in the form of jewelry or livestock, for example, they can’t very well chip off tiny pieces to cover routine daily expenses.

http://www.gatesnotes.com/2015-annual-letter?WT.mc_id=01_21_2015_DO_com_domain_0_00&page=3&lang=en

Yeah. Step one was poisoning them with vaccines to dumb them down and making them sick, making them compliant and now on to Step 2.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
http://anonhq.com/bill-gates-calling-for-world-government/#comment-335455

Gates foundation wants the 3rd world under the banking systems thumb.

Bill Gates: The reason poor people face these agonizing choices is not just that they don't have enough assets. They also don't have access to a bank to help them use their assets effectively. If their savings are in the form of jewelry or livestock, for example, they can’t very well chip off tiny pieces to cover routine daily expenses.

http://www.gatesnotes.com/2015-annual-letter?WT.mc_id=01_21_2015_DO_com_domain_0_00&page=3&lang=en
donator

Fixed - this is really, REALLY irritating that I missed this - when I made final tweaks to the new English wordlist I introduced two nigglies, and somehow not a single one of my tests (create/restore ~5k keypairs, check that they match) managed to introduce the bug (as in I literally just checked my testlist, and none of the mnemonics have either of those two words in the mnemonic body).

For now and for future reference: if you have the words "launchpad" or "incline" in your seed you will have to change them, and use "ourselves" and "inline" respectively. Note that this fix has just been pushed to GitHub, so you will need to restore with commit c01069f or above.

We won't be able to detect this and act on it automatically, but we'll add a note for future restore attempts that detects either of these words and informs the user about the issue.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Problem: Can't restore correct wallet from seed.

Environment:
Ubuntu 14.04
Bitmonero Wallet v.0.8.8.7-1016712

Reproducible:
1. Created new wallet (0 - English for seed language), was given this seed (Wallet id: 42GWgC):
Code:
debut equip surfer tequila eldest heron eggs incur unnoticed nerves fawns ghost dawn revamp northern razor rafts wade calamity ocean zero evolved bygones cactus bygones
2. Exit wallet
3. Run: ./simplewallet --restore-deterministic-wallet
4. Enter wallet name: test.bin
5. Enter (no password)
6. Enter seed
7. Gets wallet id 428RFv, the seed is repeated and identical except from one word, "incur" has been replaced with "incline".

Question:
So basically, I'm getting another wallet restored than the one I should. What am I doing wrong? Why is that word replaced?

Can you open this as a github issue so I can assign it to OranJuice?
https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/issues/235
donator

Environment:
Ubuntu 14.04

Reproducible:
1. Created new wallet (0 - English for seed language), was given this seed (Wallet id: 42GWgC):
Code:
debut equip surfer tequila eldest heron eggs incur unnoticed nerves fawns ghost dawn revamp northern razor rafts wade calamity ocean zero evolved bygones cactus bygones
2. Exit wallet
5. Enter (no password)
6. Enter seed
7. Gets wallet id 428RFv, the seed is repeated and identical except from one word, "incur" has been replaced with "incline".

Question:
So basically, I'm getting another wallet restored than the one I should. What am I doing wrong? Why is that word replaced?

Can you open this as a github issue so I can assign it to OranJuice?
donator
Well it looks like you don't need to get any wallet software installed on TAILS to use Monero.  Although it'd be much better if there was deepnet hidden service versions of mymonero.com  So that all your web traffic doesn't have to pass through Tor exit nodes.  Which are all heavily monitored.  IIRC they're deepnet hidden service Electrum servers.

Also how is Monero's I2p development going and is there any timetables yet for releasing an I2p net only wallet.  TAILS does include the I2p software too btw.

We've got a Tor hosted version, but I'm...unhappy with the Tor setup at the moment. It's on the list of things to tighten up in the next month or two.
donator
I sent an email to the Tails developers, on the news they are including Bitcoin in the distro, I ask them to give a look at Monero since its the best crypto for privacy, I have not thought before that it was really a problem but we do need an official repo for Monero someday: Smiley

the only way to add a software in Tails is to make sure there is an official debian package, well maintened, and it doesn't seems to be the case for monero...

cheers.

Electrum isn't a Debian package and is just a simple Python package afaik.  Does Monero have a very lightweight web wallet that can be generated with a deterministic seed only.  Until such a time it won't fit within the minimal TAILS distro.  The whole TAILS ISO is only 951.8 MB in size.  And needs to be able to run completely from permanente media like DVD-R's.

Actually you raise a good point - we could look at distributing *just* simplewallet with it, which is useful for generating offline wallets or to use with remote daemons. Something for us to look at.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

Well it looks like you don't need to get any wallet software installed on TAILS to use Monero.  Although it'd be much better if there was deepnet hidden service versions of mymonero.com  So that all your web traffic doesn't have to pass through Tor exit nodes.  Which are all heavily monitored.  IIRC they're deepnet hidden service Electrum servers.

Also how is Monero's I2p development going and is there any timetables yet for releasing an I2p net only wallet.  TAILS does include the I2p software too btw.

I'm sure if someone were to offer to build this that they wouldn't find a shortage of investors. Some of us are disappointed that the mymonero was taken off the investment table  Huh

Mymonero was initially funded by some of the most central people in Monerosphere.

We are not any more in the crowdfunding phase - to develop meaningful improvements to the already functioning core account software, we need six-figure USD additional funding.

Raising this from fragmented sources is not a good return on our time, but if one or two people (or a syndicate lead by one person) approaches me with this money, we will consider.

As much as I would like to say otherwise to benefit the service development, my opinion is that any extra $100,000 to be invested into Monero should be used to buy the coins and them only, because 250,000 XMR makes you one of the top-5 holders if you are not there already. Once this position is secured, cornering the service infrastructure starts to make sense.

legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

Environment:
Ubuntu 14.04

Reproducible:
Code:
2. Exit wallet
5. Enter (no password)
6. Enter seed

Question:
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud

I'm sure if someone were to offer to build this that they wouldn't find a shortage of investors. Some of us are disappointed that the mymonero was taken off the investment table  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

cheers.

Electrum isn't a Debian package and is just a simple Python package afaik.  Does Monero have a very lightweight web wallet that can be generated with a deterministic seed only.  Until such a time it won't fit within the minimal TAILS distro.  The whole TAILS ISO is only 951.8 MB in size.  And needs to be able to run completely from permanente media like DVD-R's.

Correct me if im wrong, but I think you just described mymonero.com

legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011
There's a typo in the abstract of MRL-0004: "drawbakcs" should be "drawbacks"
Jump to: