Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1235. (Read 4670643 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Upgraded to 0.8.8.6  and when exiting the daemon, well it just doesn't.  It gives the proper messages as to what it is doing but the blockchain doesn't get stored.  The second time I exited I came back over an our later and I had to just close it. 

I just tried again and same thing.  This time I checked to see if the HDD was active as if it was writing and it was for the entire time.
windows 8.1

If the hard disk is active then it is likely saving but just taking a very long time. You are probably a bit short of RAM.

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
Upgraded to 0.8.8.6  and when exiting the daemon, well it just doesn't.  It gives the proper messages as to what it is doing but the blockchain doesn't get stored.  The second time I exited I came back over an our later and I had to just close it. 

I just tried again and same thing.  This time I checked to see if the HDD was active as if it was writing and it was for the entire time.
windows 8.1

The following is all I got from typing exit and waiting 50 min.

exit
2014-Dec-09 23:03:07.685203 [node] Stop signal sent
2014-Dec-09 23:03:07.717226 [SRV_MAIN]net_service loop stopped.
2014-Dec-09 23:03:07.718226 [SRV_MAIN]P2P net loop stopped
2014-Dec-09 23:03:07.718226 [SRV_MAIN]Stopping core rpc server...
2014-Dec-09 23:03:07.741242 [SRV_MAIN]Deinitializing core...
2014-Dec-09 23:03:07.741242 [SRV_MAIN]Mining has been stopped, 0 finished
2014-Dec-09 23:03:08.021441 [SRV_MAIN]Storing blockchain...
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
It looks like XMR is the best CryptoNote coin now. BBR's crypto_zoidberg said he developed another CryptoNote coin. It means that BBR future is bad.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Dumptrucks...

Maybe a bit too close to the bone. Wink
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Any decent projections on BTC price in next month, I've been waiting for it to dip again but it's holding pretty steady last week or so. I want to invest this months income in xmr but want to grab the btc as low as possible obviously. Cheesy

It will go lower.  Wink

mY THOUGHTS as well. I'll wait another week.
legendary
Activity: 1092
I'm a Firestarter!
When the Monero database will be ready (and tested)?

When it is ready. You can help by testing it.
I am testing it.
But I need it done so I can make a block explorer. Well, at least some initial version.
legendary
Activity: 1456

Any idea why? btw i noticed that the fee is kinda small too which is a bit odd. hmmm

Shouldn't the fee be larger now for these larger transactions due to per KB fees being implemented?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
legendary
Activity: 1456
Those are CCMF pictures guys!  Hopefully predictive of things to come!!!!!!
legendary
Activity: 1428
getmonero.org

Comparable, but putatively the largest "dump" truck in the known universe:

I hope i am not offtopic

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas

Comparable, but putatively the largest "dump" truck in the known universe:
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
I think I actually hear the 'beep beep beep' now

I prefer the Western Star Dump Truck from 2004 to hold my Monerojes Cheesy

Think it's got enough room? Shocked

That's OK for amateurs, but we BullWhales need a bit more capacity...

G2M
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 616
Anyone else thinking we've hit the bottom for Monero?

I know I took this oppurtunity load the boat!

IDK (or care) if this is the bottom, but I backed the truck up regardless because we have not yet seen the top!

/price speculation   Grin

I think I actually hear the 'beep beep beep' now

I prefer the Western Star Dump Truck from 2004 to hold my Monerojes Cheesy

Think it's got enough room? Shocked
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

IDK (or care) if this is the bottom, but I backed the truck up regardless because we have not yet seen the top!

/price speculation   Grin
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Its only going to get worse... IMO, its dead...

Talking about your brain?
legendary
Activity: 896

This is a bad time of the year to be price watching since many people are selling whatever they have to pay for their Christmas holidays.  People in America are converting crypto to fiat to buy presents and such.  Things will pick up after the holidays.  Those that ride out the storm will likely be rewarded.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
When the Monero database will be ready (and tested)?

When it is ready. You can help by testing it.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Well, we can keep talking about the price or we can do something about it. Perhaps the price looks "dead" but I have never seen development so alive. As you can see with some recent unexpected price surges like CLAM, all a coin needs is for someone to have a good reason to use it. There are many speculators here with deep pockets, but the smart ones will only wait for lower prices to buy.

If you believe in Monero, right now it costs *nothing* to join the top XMR yielding game in the world - Crypto Kingdom. Yes, it only lives on databases right now but a "GUI" is underway. In game assets ("Gold") are at an all time low price (87,000 moneritos/CKG).

My characters currently make at least 8 XMR per diem in total with very minimal work on my part! Other players have done nothing and amassed 185+ XMR (of in-game value) with no effort.  

One can assume that although the developers do not intend this, in the future someone will create an aftermarket for selling in-game CKG and moneritos for actual XMR. So by playing now, you are earning real money by just having fun and playing a game. It is in your best interest to join now while the game is progressing at 2 years per real day.  Shocked

If anyone wants to join the game, but maybe they don't have the time to learn all the rules - I am offering a character management service. I will advise on getting your player started and in the game for a small fee. Please PM me if interested.
legendary
legendary
I'm a Firestarter!

Who knows?
Yesterday (price was 10% higher) i thought that THAT was the bottom.
Jump to: