Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1261. (Read 4670643 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
lol it seems dark coin shills woke up.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
what's up with heavy fluctuation today ? It seems like a failed pump.

It's not a failure when the pumpers dump for more than what they paid.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
21 million. I want them all.

Mymonero was released. Some wanted in and some wanted out.
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
But there is no user with name ric_000, what's going on?..

Well, I deleted p2pstate.bin and poolstate.bin (again...) - and here is the miracle: everything looks fine... Strange coin...

ric_000 is a user who compiled daemon binaries. Path stored in binaries. Nothing strange. I am sure ric is fluffypony.
Activity: 794
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
^That's the user/dev who compiled the code.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Hi guys, I was needed some help here... But then found a reason of my problem...

I found once that my bitmonerod.exe won't start (from the .bat file if any - this file is correct, I have double checked it). When I try to start it manually (using the string from .bat file because my path to blockchain is different than default) I see this:

But there is no user with name ric_000, what's going on?..

Well, I deleted p2pstate.bin and poolstate.bin (again...) - and here is the miracle: everything looks fine... Strange coin...
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
Is there a way to make Monero botnet proof?

I would argue that a bigger concern might be mining centralization.
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
Is there a way to make Monero botnet proof?
The GUI wallet I made is completely virus/botnet/malware free. Just a simple AutoIT script to parse log files and fill in variables located in the GUI.

If you're unsure about the bitmonerod, simplewallet and minerd binaries you can download just the monerowallet.exe from here

Why post from a new account?

This is my first and only account, been following for a while but only registered now.

Welcome and thanks for the contribution. Like smooth said people are right to be cautious especially with a new account. If your interested in monero development and you haven't already you should join the #monero-dev IRC channel.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Welcome, your efforts are appreciated.

The GUI wallet I made is completely virus/botnet/malware free. Just a simple AutoIT script to parse log files and fill in variables located in the GUI.

If you're unsure about the bitmonerod, simplewallet and minerd binaries you can download just the monerowallet.exe from here

This is my first and only account, been following for a while but only registered now.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Welcome then, and please don't be put off by the caution. Even if your stuff is 100% okay, people have been burned before. It's not personal at all.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

21 million. I want them all.

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

If you're unsure about the bitmonerod, simplewallet and minerd binaries you can download just the monerowallet.exe from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttt776ayl1rdoob/monerowallet.zip?dl=0
and source:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9oi75ee9o9p3jbe/monerowallet.au3?dl=0

http://s14.postimg.org/e8kzryaxt/novirus.jpg

Farianman
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
Someone should/must compare the included Monero Windows binaries with the officlal ones.

The .au3-script in the archive doesnt get dectected, see:
https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/417833baff91b4ac5bc62a359a3b3075312e39929d14338f0fa5f0f5b98d1306/analysis/1417002805/
But still could include malware-function or misbehave.
Activity: 280
dewdeded, that doesn't look good, but don't legitimate miner programs like minerd.exe routinely get flagged as malware because of botnets?

Yes they do and from the screen shots it looks like this wallet does indeed have a mining function. So the possibility of the virus scan being a false positive is there.

Still, either way it is not smart to use binaries from unknown sources.

Quite. Anyway, I thought I should flag it up for competent folk to check it out. I didn't for a moment mean to suggest the unwary should just start running it.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
dewdeded, that doesn't look good, but don't legitimate miner programs like minerd.exe routinely get flagged as malware because of botnets?

Yes they do and from the screen shots it looks like this wallet does indeed have a mining function. So the possibility of the virus scan being a false positive is there.

Still, either way it is not smart to use binaries from unknown sources.
Activity: 280
Jump to: