Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1262. (Read 4670643 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
This should be checked for malware/misbehaviour first by some people (minimal) familar with malware analysis.
Could contain an malware droper or wallet stealer.

Best is to examine the source (especially if it is fairly small, which it likely is) and recompile it yourself or have a trusted person compile it.

I suggested to the developer of that wallet that he upload the sources to github.

With that caution, it is great to see independent work being done for Monero!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
https://monerohash.com

I erroneously stated before that there was no source code, so I deleted that post. Nevertheless, beware that this GUI was posted with a new account, so common sense says you shouldn't trust the binaries provided. If you really want to try it out, I recommend inspecting the source code and compiling it yourself.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
This should be checked for malware/misbehaviour first by some people (minimal) familar with malware analysis.

I agree. Safety first.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I'm a Firestarter!

problem?

Just goes to show no matter how "idiot proof" something is, someone, somewhere isn't going to understand how to use it Tongue. The web wallet is about 99.99% there though. Good job guys!

(Not calling you an idiot liteon, just using as an example of difficulty in making a perfect user experience.)

yes but as i say above, "under certain conditions" the private key is empty. Huh (on a laptop win8.1/ie11 for me, i don't know which element is responsible)

so the new user is confused.

That was my point.
Nowhere explanation for a single and simple wallet creation as it is simple.
Why?
Too lazy to mark / or / bold the text which is the key?
Can be done like (example):
Your key is the red text:
and then the red text should be like this as your key

Makes people to feel sure what they are doing, as someone are for the first time and want to try.
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
Just received my first Monero coin (yes, a real coin) from cryptonic.net. A nice and convenient service - featuring Monero!
Activity: 266
MRO is not a cryptonode covert SHA512 algo DOESN'T have a ring signatures broken scam. Described in OP anonymous approach is fucked scam. Now gonna be on the way to 0.0009 FUCK

HAHAH another sore loser crybaby!!

you assholes make me feel sooo wonderful =) I love seeing people like you get upset and hurt because they didn't grab any cheap monero. I love it when idiots that missed the train like you cry hahaha CRY CRY CRY <3

Let me guess. you were interested in monero but didn't get any because you were too lazy to overcome the barrier to entry haha
I am drinking your fucking tears in my top shelf margarita hahaha
        people that I can take direction and learn from. Thanks for keeping us pointed in the right direction
Activity: 500
Merit: 500

problem?

Just goes to show no matter how "idiot proof" something is, someone, somewhere isn't going to understand how to use it Tongue. The web wallet is about 99.99% there though. Good job guys!

(Not calling you an idiot liteon, just using as an example of difficulty in making a perfect user experience.)

yes but as i say above, "under certain conditions" the private key is empty. Huh (on a laptop win8.1/ie11 for me, i don't know which element is responsible)

so the new user is confused.
Activity: 700

nice simple online wallet! Waiting for 2FA and multisig options Wink
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
21 million. I want them all.
Image links on monero.cc website are dead
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
WOW!  Shocked great work fluffypony and all the devs! thank you risto!

+1000  Grin Grin Grin Grin

I'll match your  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin and raise you a  Shocked.

Great idea, well implemented.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Just out of curiosity, is the repo of the GUI concept wallet public yet?
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Big thanks to Rpietila and to the Monero team for making this happen.

If your wondering what additional functionality this wallet may contain in the future, reading the Terms Of Service and Privacy Policy might help!

minor quibble:  In the privacy policy "request,facilitate" appears to be lacking a space.

Good catch, I'll fix it shortly:)
Activity: 149
Big thanks to Rpietila and to the Monero team for making this happen.

If your wondering what additional functionality this wallet may contain in the future, reading the Terms Of Service and Privacy Policy might help!

minor quibble:  In the privacy policy "request,facilitate" appears to be lacking a space.
Activity: 350
fluffypony, i'm sure you've already realized that a natural complement to mymonero is a smartphone app connected to the web wallet that makes really easy receiving and sending payments through the qr code, didn't you?

Baby steps:)
yay!!! i knew that it would come Smiley
i've a project on my mind that will use monero as currency but needs localization...
i'll offer translations to spanish...
thank you again to you and to all monero devs and supporters!

wow!! this is really something, kudos to the core team and to XMR and the community a great year ahead!
Activity: 199
thank you for the wallet!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
Did I missed the feedback on "this works on default android tablet version x.y" or "ipad release z" or "cellphone type q"?
In a way a webwallet is the catch-all. You only need those two: easy one, and full set.

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Activity: 350
Fun toys to play with!  Cheesy
Activity: 266
Jump to: