Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1264. (Read 4670643 times)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Awesome Webwallet, very good work! Any plans on multilanguage options?
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Just did my first transaction on mymonero, worked great!

Quick question.  I see under account details you can get address, view key and spend key.  Would it be possible to also get the seed words used for the "restore deterministic wallet."  That way, if there was ever a glitch with the website, you could quickly replicate the entire wallet to a local machine.

Right now there isn't interioerability between simplewallet and MyMonero. We will be providing that capability later on.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Please educate us: Why is LMBD superior to LevelDB for Blockchain-Storage?

LMDB is what the developers are utilizing currently, but it is not the end-all of database implementations.

I spoke to fluffypony in person a week ago, and he expressed his vision for implementations of the blockchain database via several different storage engines, depending upon the application.

He can correct me if I misunderstood.

No that's spot on. LMDB is fast, lightweight, and proven (it's used in OpenLDAP). That doesn't mean it's the only solution, and we WANT to have multiple available database implementations so that users can choose a best-fit with a reasonable default.
Activity: 644
Merit: 502

sudo apt-get install liblmdb-dev

But you'll probably also need other dependencies if I had to guess.

OK, I tried that. (Thank you for the suggestion.)

I believe the issue is the /etc/apt/sources.list file.

What entry do I need to put in said file to be able to find liblmdb-dev?

Thanks!

Edit: Looks like I need to convert to a different codename version of debian (jessie, sid, ...), as lmdb is not available for wheezy...

OR

just update my sources.list file to include thos repositories.
wish me luck
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
Just did my first transaction on mymonero, worked great!

Quick question.  I see under account details you can get address, view key and spend key.  Would it be possible to also get the seed words used for the "restore deterministic wallet."  That way, if there was ever a glitch with the website, you could quickly replicate the entire wallet to a local machine.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018
So now blockchain has a database so it doesn't eat all the RAM when you run the daemon?
Still unstable for the moment, we are working on it. Feel free to join for testing (and reporting), though.

Making a GUI wallet after all of it, will finalize this pretty coin.
In martial arts, black belt is not the end. It is the beginning of the actual training - everything before that is just traning
Same for Monero. GUI wallet will be the end of the beginning. Serious things will start by this moment.

Trying to get the database-blockchain going.

At the first step, my VM running debian7.7 (wheezy) says:
Code:
Unable to locate package liblmdb-dev

How to fix this?

Thanks!

sudo apt-get install liblmdb-dev

But you'll probably also need other dependencies if I had to guess.
So now blockchain has a database so it doesn't eat all the RAM when you run the daemon?
Still unstable for the moment, we are working on it. Feel free to join for testing (and reporting), though.

In martial arts, black belt is not the end. It is the beginning of the actual training - everything before that is just traning
Same for Monero. GUI wallet will be the end of the beginning. Serious things will start by this moment.

Trying to get the database-blockchain going.

At the first step, my VM running debian7.7 (wheezy) says:
Code:
Unable to locate package liblmdb-dev

How to fix this?

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I'm a Firestarter!

As I said, not a bad move, but I remember the time when price was about 300% from this one, so there is a long way to go just to correct that, not to mention to break uptrends.
A year, maybe more will be needed to build something like that. But hey, coin looks saved for now.
Where can I get this Private Login Key?

Click on SIGN UP Create a New Account at mymonero.com and it tells you your Private Login Key.

LMDB is what the developers are utilizing currently, but it is not the end-all of database implementations.

I spoke to fluffypony in person a week ago, and he expressed his vision for implementations of the blockchain database via several different storage engines, depending upon the application.

He can correct me if I misunderstood.

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
Activity: 687
Merit: 500
novag
Where can I get this Private Login Key?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
Is there anything stopping CryptoNote blockchains from storing information the same way Bitcoin 2.0 projects depend on the Bitcoin blockchain do?

No, but curious whether you think that is a good thing or a bad thing.

"Why not?"

But perhaps you can point me in the right direction re: tx costs on this CN chain
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
fluffypony, i'm sure you've already realized that a natural complement to mymonero is a smartphone app connected to the web wallet that makes really easy receiving and sending payments through the qr code, didn't you?

Baby steps:)

Saw this on https://mymonero.com/#/privacy-policy (section 6. Your Choices):
Push Notifications - As and when this functionality becomes available, and only with your consent, we may send standard push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.

Exciting!!!  Cool
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team

legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001
2Future: devs, you may render passphrase generated as a CATPCHA and so kill two foxes Wink

For this to work, the server would have to know what that passphrase was.

It does not, so any captcha generation would have to be client side. This is pointless for a captcha.

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
November 24 - Monero Missives #19

Web wallet @

https://mymonero.com

IS TOTAL SURPRISE! GOOD WORK & PLEASE KEEP PROGRESS WITH LMDB Smiley

Also, your are inside weekly schedule with missives Smiley Thank you, the Monero developers!

Surprise?  I guess you didn't believe rpietila Smiley
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Nice work on My Monero. I would rather see a local GUI wallet, but an online wallet is great.

I am more excited about the DB coming to a release state.
Jump to: