Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1285. (Read 4670643 times)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
maybe is a firewall that block the connection
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
Please help I can't restore my wallet from the keys (32bit) after downloading block chain from firstpage onto new 64bit pc,
I done it before without issue, but now I getting this error.

I'm able to create and sync new wallets, but can't restore mine.

Any ideas please? could it be due to blockchain download from first page.

From the image you posted, it looks like the wallet is restored just fine and the problem is only with the daemon. You can relax, your coins are safe.  Grin

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can help you with getting bitmonerod up and running.

Agree. Maybe daemon not synced yet, or busy saving the blockchain? Looks like some errors in the daemon window though. Can you see if there are any other errors reported in your bitmonerod.log file?

There is only one error in the load up

2014-Nov-13 16:47:05.458494 bitmonero v0.8.8.4-771b531
2014-Nov-13 16:47:05.460494 Module folder: C:\Users\worker3\Desktop\monero.win.x64.latest\bitmonerod.exe
2014-Nov-13 16:47:05.468494 Initializing P2P server...
2014-Nov-13 16:47:05.492494 Binding on 0.0.0.0:18080
2014-Nov-13 16:47:05.495494 Net service bound to 0.0.0.0:18080
2014-Nov-13 16:47:05.498494 Attempting to add IGD port mapping.
2014-Nov-13 16:47:06.561494 ERROR c:\users\ric_000\desktop\bitmonero\src\p2p\net_node.inl:311 UPNP_AddPortMapping failed.
2014-Nov-13 16:47:06.565494 P2P server initialized OK
2014-Nov-13 16:47:06.568494 Initializing protocol...
2014-Nov-13 16:47:06.570494 Protocol initialized OK
2014-Nov-13 16:47:06.572494 Initializing core RPC server...
2014-Nov-13 16:47:06.574494 Binding on 127.0.0.1:18081
2014-Nov-13 16:47:06.576494 Core RPC server initialized OK on port: 18081
2014-Nov-13 16:47:06.579494 Initializing core...
2014-Nov-13 16:47:06.581494 Loading blockchain...

The other errors below only appear when I try to sync the wallet

2014-Nov-13 16:51:03.651494 [RPC1]ERROR c:\users\ric_000\desktop\bitmonero\src\rpc\core_rpc_server.h:68 Failed to on_get_blocks()
2014-Nov-13 16:51:03.725494 [RPC0]ERROR c:\users\ric_000\desktop\bitmonero\src\rpc\core_rpc_server.h:68 Failed to on_get_blocks()
2014-Nov-13 16:51:03.733494 [RPC0]ERROR c:\users\ric_000\desktop\bitmonero\src\rpc\core_rpc_server.h:68 Failed to on_get_blocks()
2014-Nov-13 16:51:03.738494 [RPC0]ERROR c:\users\ric_000\desktop\bitmonero\src\rpc\core_rpc_server.h:68 Failed to on_get_blocks()
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Please help I can't restore my wallet from the keys (32bit) after downloading block chain from firstpage onto new 64bit pc,

From the image you posted, it looks like the wallet is restored just fine and the problem is only with the daemon. You can relax, your coins are safe.  Grin

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can help you with getting bitmonerod up and running.

Agree. Maybe daemon not synced yet, or busy saving the blockchain? Looks like some errors in the daemon window though. Can you see if there are any other errors reported in your bitmonerod.log file?

From the image you posted, it looks like the wallet is restored just fine and the problem is only with the daemon. You can relax, your coins are safe.  Grin

I certainly hope so. It's odd that I can create a new wallet though, a new wallet syncs with bitmonerod.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
Good idea to put website on github. Several people already proposed some help, let them create PR!
I don't think we need to wait DB+GUI to have a decent website. (I like the current 90's style, but admittedly not very catchy).
At least it would be nice to have updated info there.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Tacotime, smooth or whoever is in charge of running the monero.cc website. Would you like me to help making it look a little more aesthetically appealing? I can't develop wallet code or anything, but I can make some website improvements.

I'd like to help out, so send me a PM and lets get this going Cheesy

Please open source it on github or bitbucket. So anyone can make PR

Sounds like good idea to me!
Yeah, there should be someone who keeps everything up to date.
monero.cc needs much more information about the forum etc.
Activity: 649
Merit: 500

From the image you posted, it looks like the wallet is restored just fine and the problem is only with the daemon. You can relax, your coins are safe.  Grin

legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
Tacotime, smooth or whoever is in charge of running the monero.cc website. Would you like me to help making it look a little more aesthetically appealing? I can't develop wallet code or anything, but I can make some website improvements.

Sounds like good idea to me!
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1260
World Class Cryptonaire
Using my wallet I only see a "tx" which I assume is a transaction id and I have a "global index". But I don't see a transaction hash or block height or any other info. When I go to try to see the details of it on a blockchain explorer nothing comes up

I'm using this block explorer: http://chainradar.com/xmr/blocks?

If I want to lookup any details (IE what block height was my tx in) how do I do that with the info the monero wallet gives me?
Activity: 243
Merit: 125
Sorry w/r/t missive. Fluffypony is have difficulties connecting to the internet and is in another country. A person has been hired to handled missives in the future and soon they should continue to be on time.

Thank you for notification!
legendary
World Class Cryptonaire
I can confirm that upping my virtual memory file to 6 GB from 4GB greatly improved my shitty laptop's performance while running bitmonerod.
Activity: 833
Merit: 1001
thanks!

Sorry w/r/t missive. Fluffypony is have difficulties connecting to the internet and is in another country. A person has been hired to handled missives in the future and soon they should continue to be on time.
legendary
World Class Cryptonaire

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Is there anything stopping CryptoNote blockchains from storing information the same way Bitcoin 2.0 projects depend on the Bitcoin blockchain do?

No, but curious whether you think that is a good thing or a bad thing.
Activity: 266
Darkcoin gets the benefit of relying on the Satoshi codebase and has the first mover advantage in the anonymous coin market.

DRK:
 - instamine (with changed mining reward because of a "bug" after it)
 - coinjoin sold as anon (which does not really provide anonymity)
 - bitcoin derieved (no arbitary data per transaction, no dynamic block sizes)
 - masternodes which provide anonymity and an easy attack vector for govs (eg by watching traffic)
 - every release seems to have a bug (this time its with darksend not providing anon because of fees which leaks data)
 - masternode payments not sustainable in the future (someone made a node calculation...but i cant find it right now.. sorry)
 - thinking about going pos right now (ugh... i never thought they would do THAT, but obviously the masternode owners dont like miners)
 - not a tech aware community... they like price and nothing more. at least for me this is a no-go.

i really dont see ANY reason for darkcoin Wink
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Can somebody here give the pros and the cons of Monero.  Darkcoin vs Monero please.

Pros:
-Monero has its privacy and anonymous features baked right into the protocol (CryptoNote), whereas Darkcoin relies on centralized masternodes in order to obfuscate transactions.

Cons:
-Cryptonote is a completely new protocol and development is in early stages. Developers have been working on implementing a database for the blockchain (almost done), and an official GUI.  Darkcoin gets the benefit of relying on the Satoshi codebase and has the first mover advantage in the anonymous coin market.

Activity: 795
Merit: 514
the market is recovering ,anything XMR can do to boost its price???

Some sweet media coverage might help... or maybe some new threats from BitcoinEXpress?
Jump to: