Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1286. (Read 4670643 times)

Activity: 122
Merit: 100
the market is recovering ,anything XMR can do to boost its price???
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
Is there anything stopping CryptoNote blockchains from storing information the same way Bitcoin 2.0 projects depend on the Bitcoin blockchain do?
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Can somebody here give the pros and the cons of Monero.  Darkcoin vs Monero please.

Give me your darkcoin address and I'll show you.  Wink
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!
Can somebody here give the pros and the cons of Monero.  Darkcoin vs Monero please.
Activity: 92
If you say the DB version is good I'll check it out tomorrow. Cheesy
Here is what I had to do to make it work on Ubuntu 14.04
Code:
git clone https://github.com/tewinget/bitmonero.git bitmonero
cd bitmonero
git checkout blockchain
sudo apt-get install libunbound-dev liblmdb-dev
make

for those who don't need the whole repo
Code:
git clone https://github.com/tewinget/bitmonero.git --branch blockchain --depth 1
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
If I want to transfer money, what is the mixing_count? How can I paste address into the console window (on windows)?

The mixin count is the number of unspent tx outputs to mix with, I think. Basically it is the degree of anonymity. Typically a value of 2 or 3 is recommended.
Activity: 400
Merit: 263

It is working now Smiley

If I want to transfer money, what is the mixing_count? How can I paste address into the console window (on windows)?

click on the commandline symbol in the upper left corner of the CMD window and you'll see the options.

edit/paste
Activity: 511
Merit: 250
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
I've been mining using cryptonotepool.org.uk pool.
Now I try to open my wallet.
Seems like the simplewallet.exe just created a new wallet.dat for me. Anyways it asked my password correctly and the address is the same. But how can I access my funds. The monerod.exe just hangs forever and almost freezes my whole computer (v. 0.8.8.3). And the wallet complains that "Error: refresh failed".

Upgrade to latest version 0.8.8.4

It is working now Smiley

Activity: 465
Seems like the simplewallet.exe just created a new wallet.dat for me. Anyways it asked my password correctly and the address is the same. But how can I access my funds. The monerod.exe just hangs forever and almost freezes my whole computer (v. 0.8.8.3). And the wallet complains that "Error: refresh failed".

Upgrade to latest version 0.8.8.4
Activity: 511
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
Missives are every second Monday so 5 days to go.

People cant check that often this forum for Missives. Twice a month more will be able to.
Activity: 490
Merit: 266
Come on, give them a break!
My guess is that they got into some nasty bugs and keep feeling they are "this close" to fix them and deliver the new binaries, which will mean more than just a "yes, we are still here" missive.

Or they have real life, people, family?
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Come on, give them a break!
My guess is that they got into some nasty bugs and keep feeling they are "this close" to fix them and deliver the new binaries, which will mean more than just a "yes, we are still here" missive.
Activity: 243
Merit: 125

Dear developers! Have you discarded your promise to schedule every missive per Monday?
Have you returned to previous concept of one missive in a week on average, with a deliver day to be not guaranteed?
Let us now, do not be silent!

It is Wednesday now I writing these lines...
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Here is what I had to do to make it work on Ubuntu 14.04
Code:
git clone https://github.com/tewinget/bitmonero.git bitmonero
cd bitmonero
git checkout blockchain
sudo apt-get install libunbound-dev liblmdb-dev
make
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Its experimental for sure, and Linux only for now. Some have had good results with it. All I'm saying is that the link to tweinget's repo is legit in progress work and not a trojan.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
World Class Cryptonaire
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I am very much looking forward to M3 #18. Especially keen to see the (lower) per-kb transaction fees, as this should encourage greater trading volume/liquidity.

Further news on LMDB progress would be a bonus.  Smiley

The DB works, you can compile the branch and play with it. I'm pretty sure the one below is the correct branch (I haven't been working personally on it).

https://github.com/tewinget/bitmonero/tree/blockchain

See above lyth0s

Thank you! I'll probably wait until it's added to the main project then. I'm not smart enough to go through the code and detect any problems (IE trojans).

If it makes you feel any better I can tell you that tacotime wouldn't point you to a trojan repo and tewinget officially works for the project (he has even appeared in the developer video conferences!). Both tacotime and I are official core team members as can be confirmed by visiting the OP of this thread. Smart to be cautious here though.

In any case, if you aren't comfortable building stuff yourself and dealing with any issues that arise it is best to wait for a later version of the database code after all.
Activity: 70
Activity: 350
Has anyone here either had the thought to do, or has accomplished steganographic wallet files?
Activity: 833
Merit: 1001
+1 i'd rather wait for devs to lay out the foundation properly and then move on to front-end stuff... i'd pick a delicious candy with unassuming wrap rather than a fancy wrapped candy that tastes like shit... most of the pump and dump alts are that, cool and dandy on outside but full of shit inside... of course most may not see monero that way in the beginning but will eventually but by then they have to pay a higher ticket price to get on board...

Yeah, so i keep reading..soon soon..  but nothing, yet.

Well, to be fair, there's been a little more than nothing. They have implemented several things that no other cryptonote has: a real database integration for the blockchain, per kb tx fees, and a novel checkpointing system. That's not to mention the code review, cleanup, and commenting that has been ongoing, putting up bounties to get some open sourced, non-crippled miners, as well as bounties for unofficial GUIs, and also paying or putting time in themselves to have the cryptography outlined in the white paper reviewed. So yea...practically nothing  Roll Eyes
Jump to: