Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1288. (Read 4670643 times)

Activity: 465
Merit: 250
is there going to be an UI for mac before x-mass?  Undecided

For now, if you have troubles installing command line tools, you can use my recipes https://github.com/sammy007/homebrew-cryptonight

This coin deserves a proper wallet already.

Yes it does.
Activity: 700

For now, if you have troubles installing command line tools, you can use my recipes https://github.com/sammy007/homebrew-cryptonight

This coin deserves a proper wallet already.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

Now that depends. Have you been a good boy/girl this year?
~ Avo Frosto

my good might be your bad Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

Now that depends. Have you been a good boy/girl this year?
~ Avo Frosto
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Not sure where to post this. But as far as running the XMR wallet goes. Does the bitmonerod really need 3 GB of memory to run?? That kills my little laptop. Is there anyway to decrease all that memory usage? Is that normal?

It is normal for now. There is an experimental (currently Linux only, and you must compile it yourself) version that uses a database and has minimal memory usage. See the latest Missive for a link.

Or just increase the size of your virtual memory's swap file.

That only sort of works in terms of performance. It would likely work fine once most of the blockchain got swapped out except for the load of the blockchain on startup and the saving of the blockchain every 12 hours, both of which force the entire thing into RAM.

Thanks for the tip; that's good to know.

I'll instead recommend buying an SSD and more RAM instead.  Welcome to 2014!
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Not sure where to post this. But as far as running the XMR wallet goes. Does the bitmonerod really need 3 GB of memory to run?? That kills my little laptop. Is there anyway to decrease all that memory usage? Is that normal?

It is normal for now. There is an experimental (currently Linux only, and you must compile it yourself) version that uses a database and has minimal memory usage. See the latest Missive for a link.

That only sort of works in terms of performance. It would likely work fine once most of the blockchain got swapped out except for the load of the blockchain on startup and the saving of the blockchain every 12 hours, both of which force the entire thing into RAM.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
World Class Cryptonaire
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
Please price, raise a little bit faster. I'm waiting for too long in this coin.

Price here, sure, how high would you like me to go

0.01BTC would be good for starters.

Roger that, let me prepare and spark up. A noticeable effect should be visible within 30 minutes.

Where are you Sparky? Huh
Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Exciting times. Moving up.
Activity: 263

Roger that, let me prepare and spark up. A noticeable effect should be visible within 30 minutes.
legendary
Activity: 1554

legendary
Activity: 1092

legendary
Activity: 1554
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
how does it come we are down to rank 13 on coingecko? have we not been like 5 or 6?

As you can see the difference between the numbers 7 to 14 is very small. I think it´s because of the drop in community and public interest (on coingecko) that we are ranked lower at the moment.  

Actually, there has been a significant gap in market cap between 9 and 12, or even 11 and 12, for a while now. Darkcoin, for instance, has four times the market cap of Monero.

I meant the ranks on coingecko.com, not the ranks on coinmarketcap.com  Tongue Maybe you should try IRC for your questions? Mostly you will get a faster response there.

Does this apply to making lightweight wallets as well? In that case I agree with your points, but still it would be nice to release the GUI asap, since it´s a great aspect of marketing.  

Yes. We're trying to get the framework in place to do SPV-style clients like Electrum, so Windows users won't have to sync the blockchain, etc.

Nice work!
Jump to: