Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1289. (Read 4670643 times)

legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011
My questions must have gotten lost in the pack:

Two questions:

1.) Will the command_server functionality on the development branch be merged into master and rolled out with 0.8.8.5?

2.) If not, has any or all of the following fixes been incorporated into the development branch?: the spam attack patch; block 202612 attack patch; block 202612 attack mitigation and fork fix (via a whole new block blob hash checkpointing system)

Either one of these items would help move things forward on the Monero Client .NET GUI.

Reason being is that, at the moment, we can't use the test version of Monero Client .NET because it requires the command_server functionality in the daemon to properly function. Unfortunately, the latest available bitmonerod.exe binary from the development branch that has this also doesn't have the aforementioned patches incorporated into it, meaning that we can't use it anymore.

On the other hand, the most recent version of Monero Client .NET that does NOT require the binary from the development branch also contains a number of bugs (that have since been fixed in the test version) that make it annoying to use.

Anyone?
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011
how does it come we are down to rank 13 on coingecko? have we not been like 5 or 6?

As you can see the difference between the numbers 7 to 14 is very small. I think it´s because of the drop in community and public interest (on coingecko) that we are ranked lower at the moment. 

Actually, there has been a significant gap in market cap between 9 and 12, or even 11 and 12, for a while now. Darkcoin, for instance, has four times the market cap of Monero.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Does this apply to making lightweight wallets as well? In that case I agree with your points, but still it would be nice to release the GUI asap, since it´s a great aspect of marketing.  

Yes. We're trying to get the framework in place to do SPV-style clients like Electrum, so Windows users won't have to sync the blockchain, etc.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
how does it come we are down to rank 13 on coingecko? have we not been like 5 or 6?

As you can see the difference between the numbers 7 to 14 is very small. I think it´s because of the drop in community and public interest (on coingecko) that we are ranked lower at the moment. 
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
First post ? Welcome!

Thank you! :-)

I really like what I see here. If only Monero was "easy" to use like the Bitcoin wallets.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Actually, we need the I2P integration, Monero is very interesting, I risk to say its the most privacy cryptocurrency ever created, this cryptonote is a real gem.

Very glad to be onboard.

First post ? Welcome!
Activity: 17
Merit: 0

Actually, we need the I2P integration, Monero is very interesting, I risk to say its the most privacy enhancing cryptocurrency ever created, this cryptonote is a real gem.

Very glad to be onboard.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
You can't expect the raise of public usage unless you show people the official GUI. I don't know why is it so late, more than 6 months passed.

Rome > Day

Anonymous decentralized ledger system > 6 months
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!
I think I overbuy Monero for under 0.002. I hope price will go back to 0.01 btc again.

would be nice, but will take a while.

If we manage to get to the 0.003-0.004 region again, that would be a nice start Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
You can't expect the raise of public usage unless you show people the official GUI. I don't know why is it so late, more than 6 months passed.

We're working on making the software more functional for payment processors and web wallets rather than concentrating on a GUI for the wallet that is attached to the daemon. The vast majority of Bitcoin users do not use full nodes anymore. In fact, only about 700 full nodes even exist on the Bitcoin network anymore.

Does this apply to making lightweight wallets as well? In that case I agree with your points, but still it would be nice to release the GUI asap, since it´s a great aspect of marketing.  
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1485
I think I overbuy Monero for under 0.002. I hope price will go back to 0.01 btc again.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!

We're working on making the software more functional for payment processors and web wallets rather than concentrating on a GUI for the wallet that is attached to the daemon. The vast majority of Bitcoin users do not use full nodes anymore. In fact, only about 700 full nodes even exist on the Bitcoin network anymore.

700  Shocked

that is shockingly low!

edit: ok, saw your post above Tongue
legendary

https://getaddr.bitnodes.io/
http://bitcoinstatus.rowit.co.uk/

^ 7000.... you shocked me Wink

Yeah, missed a 0, but the listening hosts are lower (~3-4k).

And, with the current number of tx on the network per day, obviously we have more than this many people making transactions.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1019
We are waiting official GUI to publish our works and start donation fund.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250

https://getaddr.bitnodes.io/
http://bitcoinstatus.rowit.co.uk/

^ 7000.... you shocked me Wink
legendary

Activity: 636
Merit: 500
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
The DB works, you can compile the branch and play with it. I'm pretty sure the one below is the correct branch (I haven't been working personally on it).

https://github.com/tewinget/bitmonero/tree/blockchain

Great. These are two foundation stones for building broader adoption IMHO. Efficiency (in terms of resources and costs) first, then usability.
Jump to: