Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1412. (Read 4670622 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
talking about how the devs are losing their motivation, that they dont feel like putting in the extra effort like they used to

PLEASE just give a detailed breakdown of [what] they need, LIKE A REGULAR COMPANY

Before we all started chasing BCX and TFM's shiny new objects, discussion was underway about reaching funding goals.

Since we have some time to kill before the moment of truth, let's get back to that.

A 1% devtax on mined blocks (excluding tx fees) would provide devs with motivation for putting in continuing/extra effort.

In addition to previously listed items, we should consider keeping funds in reserve to pay for bug bounties and network defense (IE VPS rentals to host known good nodes while under attack).

I proposed a "retroactive pre-mine" in the form of a Bootstrap Block containing 1% of all XMR, which is 184,000 coins.

The 184k XMR/$300k it provides seems sufficient to fund the following to at least alpha testing:

$100k - refactor codebase
$50k - security audits
$50k - integrate DB
$25k - complete I2P
$25k - Official Wallet
$15k - bug bounties
$15k - p2pool
$15k - trustless web wallet
$5k - network defense fund

Are these numbers too high, low, or just about right?

I'm not opposed to a plan like that, but I believe the emission rate should be slowed if we do that, both to combat inflation and keep the mining end date roughly the same, if not extended out even further.

I expect a fork to result.

Is your response was directed to infofront only?  
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Stealthcoin is a winner and not my latest pump of the day. I get behind coins with innovation, great devs, community and potential. You're sitting here talking like xmr is a winner.. Its not though....
Suck it up.. You #PickedWrong and that sucks, but it's not too late for you to move on and make some real profits.

Just like the unmitigated innovation, developer competency, community and potential of Cloakcoin. Because you got behind that one. Right? Talk about picking a winner!

Anyway I have better things to be doing with my time than sitting here going round in circles with egotistical asshats like yourself!

In two days time I fully expect you to be proven wrong with your Monero doomsday fantasies. Call it five, so the developers have some time to remedy the situation in the unlikely event that some sort of attack actually does go ahead. If after five days, Monero is but a smouldering wreck of a cryptocurrency, I will apologise to you unreservedly and eat a hefty slice of humble pie. But for the time being I have lost interest in continuing discourse with someone whose motivations are as transparent as yours. Until then, adieu.
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
Bob, if I ask really nicely, will you cease posting here? [I can try, can't I?]

You shared your opinion, and unlike other threads, your anti-XMR posts don't get deleted 'round here.

Maybe I/we can sincerely wish you the best, as you depart this thread, having expressed your feelings and thoughts several times.

XMR    haters Kiss

Time spent posting here means less time doing what you do for your coins and people. Return to them, full of pride, and celebrate yourselves.

You guys deserve it! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Stealthcoin is a winner and not my latest pump of the day.

Saving this one for when you have a new latest pump of the day.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
Have you even read that thread?

Dont you see.... my members make money... we leave coins better off and everyone is happy. What's your problem??

You. You are my problem. You and your unrelenting attack on Monero and Monero developers/supporters. You and your shilling for your latest pump-of-the-day (stealthcoin in this case). Your very presence in this thread is my problem.

I could ask you the same thing. What's your problem with Monero? You obviously don't own any and you've made it clear that you (or rather your "tech advisor" that we all supposedly look up to) think everyone is going to lose everything in 2 days time, so I don't see what purpose your continued posting here serves.

LMAO... I love getting under you BCT bagholders skins... Dont you get it.. I'm here to save potential investors a lot of money by voicing my opinion on this dying coin you call Monero. Anyone jumping onto this shinking ship deserves what's coming to them. It's that simple.

Stealthcoin is a winner and not my latest pump of the day. I get behind coins with innovation, great devs, community and potential. You're sitting here talking like xmr is a winner.. Its not though....
Suck it up.. You #PickedWrong and that sucks, but it's not too late for you to move on and make some real profits.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
talking about how the devs are losing their motivation, that they dont feel like putting in the extra effort like they used to

PLEASE just give a detailed breakdown of [what] they need, LIKE A REGULAR COMPANY

Before we all started chasing BCX and TFM's shiny new objects, discussion was underway about reaching funding goals.

Since we have some time to kill before the moment of truth, let's get back to that.

A 1% devtax on mined blocks (excluding tx fees) would provide devs with motivation for putting in continuing/extra effort.

In addition to previously listed items, we should consider keeping funds in reserve to pay for bug bounties and network defense (IE VPS rentals to host known good nodes while under attack).

I proposed a "retroactive pre-mine" in the form of a Bootstrap Block containing 1% of all XMR, which is 184,000 coins.

The 184k XMR/$300k it provides seems sufficient to fund the following to at least alpha testing:

$50k - security audits
$50k - integrate DB
$25k - complete I2P
$25k - Official Wallet
$15k - bug bounties
$15k - p2pool

I'm not opposed to a plan like that, but I believe the emission rate should be slowed if we do that, both to combat inflation and keep the mining end date roughly the same, if not extended out even further.

I expect a fork to result.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Bobsurplus is beyond pathetic. Every month or so he choose a new coin to shill for. He used to spam the Darkcoin thread with Cloakcoin advertising, now he comes here to propagate new nonsense. The coins change, but the nonsense he spews follows the same formula.

I'd also like to point out that when I was on the drk thread cloak was trading at around 50K sat maybe up to about 80K sat. It then went to over 350K sat, with 1000+ volume days for weeks.... Lottttts of money was made and lost.

Actually, you were there all the way through claiming how CLOAK was so technologically superior, and how did that end? I hope you have different "tech guy" this time.

You may want to also look into the code vetting done by Dan Metcalf of XC.

His Keycoin review didn't say anything you couldn't have said just by simply looking at the very abstract picture they had published.
Also the Stealthcoin "review" I found is just him trying out the sms text send and saying "it works" lol.

But what can you expect if you try to "review" something like that in a day or w/e he used for it when for example it took Kristov Atlas many weeks of hard work to review Darkcoin.

Dont you see.... my members make money... we leave coins better off and everyone is happy. What's your problem??

You. You are my problem. You and your unrelenting attack on Monero and Monero developers/supporters. You and your shilling for your latest pump-of-the-day (stealthcoin in this case). Your very presence in this thread is my problem.

I could ask you the same thing. What's your problem with Monero? You obviously don't own any and you've made it clear that you (or rather your "tech advisor" that we all supposedly look up to) think everyone is going to lose everything in 2 days time, so I don't see what purpose your continued posting here serves.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 2793
Shitcoin Minimalist

$50k - security audits
$50k - integrate DB
$25k - complete I2P
$25k - Official Wallet
$15k - bug bounties
$15k - p2pool

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

$50k - security audits
$50k - integrate DB
$25k - complete I2P
$25k - Official Wallet
$15k - bug bounties
$15k - p2pool

I'll share some of my personal thoughts. The core team has not really addressed this as a group.

DB seems a bit high if it doesn't include work already done (although some of that has been paid for out-of-pocket by the core team and should ultimately be repaid out of the dev budget).
p2pool seems low especially given ongoing development. (This is not a modification of the existing p2pool, which is largely unmaintainable, but a new solution based on some of the same concepts.)
$5K "network defense fund" might well be small if the attackers are better funded than that or multiple attacks occur, both of which are entirely plausible.
Other needs will undoubtedly appear, beyond a low level of ongoing maintenance that can be paid out of 1% of block rewards, at least at current prices.

In genreal I would suggest that if we are going to do this, that we just go ahead and make the "post-sale" bigger, provide for a larger fund that can be used on a more ongoing basis to hire expert developers and generally ensure that the project is adequately funded going forward. As a benchmark, how much funding did VIA raise? Funds that turn out not to be needed can be returned to the community in some manner tbd.

MEW is also working on a funding model based on memership fees and dev donations, so that should be factored into it. MEW is being launched Tuesday, according to the recent post, so more information should be available then.

Of course with more funds in an account intended for longer-term use there is more responsibility to ensure it isn't wasted or stolen so issues like oversight (as we previously discussed a bit) come to the fore.

Thanks for keeping going with this, and especially not being too distracted by attempts to distract us.
legendary

Fixed that for you. Wink

For some background info on just how upstanding a character Bobsurplus is, I'd recommend this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/monthly-membership-scam-beware-of-scammer-bobsurplus-730880

BTW how long were you banned for again?

legendary

$50k - security audits
$50k - integrate DB
$25k - complete I2P
$25k - Official Wallet
$15k - bug bounties
$15k - p2pool

LOL, on the eve before the eve of your destruction you're looking to raise 300K from the community that you and your dev team clearly said are not investors... Huh

You cant have it both ways kiddo!!

This song reminds me of whats coming up for you guys...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntLsElbW9Xo

Fixed that for you. Wink

For some background info on just how upstanding a character Bobsurplus is, I'd recommend this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/monthly-membership-scam-beware-of-scammer-bobsurplus-730880

BTW how long were you banned for again?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

$50k - security audits
$50k - integrate DB
$25k - complete I2P
$25k - Official Wallet
$15k - bug bounties
$15k - p2pool

legendary
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
Listen here XMR dev, I dont need to divulge who my tech guy is.

These guys were cheating from the start. Intentionally crippled shit.. Where was this info a week ago?

http://da-data.blogspot.de/2014/08/minting-money-with-monero-and-cpu.html

I don't know where it was a week ago, but it was talked about in this very thread ~19 days ago. Including bonus comments from the original author of that article, when someone first tried to use it to say the Monero dev's were scammers (hint - they're not):

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
These guys were cheating from the start. Intentionally crippled shit.. Where was this info a week ago?

Umm, that's been posted for more than a month, so I guess it was in the same exact place it is now.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
You may want to also look into the code vetting done by .

Wink

No thanks. Perhaps you could get some actual cryptanalysis done and then we can talk.

Listen here XMR dev, I dont need to divulge who my tech guy is. You should be focused on selling your XMR and not chatting here with me.

You're doing that for him. I buy every time you post. Enjoying a FUD discount thanks to you.  Grin
Jump to: