Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1423. (Read 4670622 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Please help me with RPC monero, trying to get a balance, returns an error, the method is not found, it is not clear where to dig
Use port 18082

To elaborate a bit, you need to query the wallet -- the node has no notion of a balance at all. 18081 is the node, 18082 is the wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Please help me with RPC monero, trying to get a balance, returns an error, the method is not found, it is not clear where to dig

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

import requests
import json

serverURL = 'http://127.0.0.1:18081/json_rpc'

def balance():
    testb = json.dumps({
    "jsonrpc": "2.0",
    "method": "getbalance",
    "params": {}
    })

headers = {'content-type': 'application/json'}
    resp = requests.get(serverURL, headers=headers, data=testb)
    output = json.loads(resp.text)

return output

output = balance()
print(output)
Use port 18082
Activity: 79
Merit: 10

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

import requests
import json

serverURL = 'http://127.0.0.1:18081/json_rpc'

def balance():
    testb = json.dumps({
    "jsonrpc": "2.0",
    "method": "getbalance",
    "params": {}
    })

headers = {'content-type': 'application/json'}
    resp = requests.get(serverURL, headers=headers, data=testb)
    output = json.loads(resp.text)

return output

output = balance()
print(output)
legendary
In a few weeks.
Is there a source for this claim?

No. The last missive said we were shifting focus a bit to fix the underlying code and that the new GUI would be delayed.

There are however two community-developed GUIs available right now that were sponsored in large part by the core devs and we recommend giving them a try. Links are in the OP (search for "Unofficial downloads and links").

Activity: 65
In a few weeks.
Is there a source for this claim?
Activity: 538
Merit: 500
Hello. When Monero GUI-wallet will be available? Linux? Windows? Mac?

In a few weeks.
Activity: 308
Merit: 109
Hello. When Monero GUI-wallet will be available? Linux? Windows? Mac?
Activity: 94
Physical Monero coins (alpha version) are coming much closer. Hope you will like them. My friends who works on it with me would like to give away some coins absolutely for free soon. We will be happy to compliment Monero supporters and (developers later with pure silver coins). Just PM me if you are interested. First batch is just quality silver plated brass coins. If everything is OK and everybody are happy with it the pure silver coins will be available for sale as well. There is also a plan to donate the developers from each sold Monero coin (some percentage of coin price).
legendary
I don't want to be alarmist but http://moneropool.com/ is reaching 50% of the hashrate...

@smooth, is there any plan to publish a detained instruction to set up own mining pool in Windows? It is more urgent now.

I'm not familiar with the effort to write up those instructions. If no one else replies I will look into it. Meanwhile, just switch to one of the other pools. There are quite a few good ones -- no need to bunch up here.

legendary
I don't want to be alarmist but http://moneropool.com/ is reaching 50% of the hashrate...

Please post on the main thread and the mining thread

Done  Roll Eyes

If you are mining on moneropool.com please shift your hash rate to smaller pools.

There is a list of recommended pools in the first post of this thread
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

@smooth, is there any plan to publish a detained instruction to set up own mining pool in Windows? It is more urgent now.
Activity: 432
Merit: 251
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
I don't know how much this factors in but this question and answer are from just after this weeks Missive.

Very nice! Smiley

Two things:
1) You have probably already asked Zazzle about accepting monero but i would urge you to try a bit more or at least find someone who is willing to accept xmr and pay them in fiat. I would really like to see my XMR being used for buying these things!
2) Any (risky) timetable about blockchain and that awesome GUI? Or maybe we can wait until Friday's chat? Cheesy

There are a couple of companies waiting the do 1), we told them to wait for proper GUI and blockchain.
legendary
So my question is, "Does the gambling community know Monero exists?"

Obviously some do.  The fairproof site added it. We had them in our third-party services directory (in OP) with referral fees going to donations for a while but we took them off because their affiliate link program doesn't support Monero so we weren't getting paid.

But for the most part I would guess most don't even know it exists. The ones that do are more likely pay attention to the more popular coins with more users (BTC, LTC, etc.). We were close to moving into the top 10 on coinmarketcap recently, and I think would increase our exposure a lot, but we're just below that now.

So generally letting people know about Monero is good but we also need to grow for them to care.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
If we're still kicking around fund raising, is there a API available for gambling sites?

I'm not sure I understand. How do the needs of these other gambling sites differ from those of exchanges?

Product placement. When i go shopping, I rarely go into the middle aisle--that's where they keep all the crap food--but if a clever merchant puts an end-cap of healthy snacks in the veggie section, I'm more likely to give it a try.

Simple math: Gambling community + knowledge of product with real anonymity = $$$

I heard about Monero on a chance peek on an investment forum. So my question is, "Does the gambling community know Monero exists?" And if they do, what's stopping their integration?
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
i have swing traded xmr and i have lowered my avg btc/xmr buy in by swing trading, approx 20% more xmr, my first buy was month ago at 0.0037 and then 0.003, then i sold at 0.005-0.004 and then bought 0.0037-0.004, then sold again 0.004 and bought 0.0038-0.004, TA has been triangle and 6h ma20

Nice.

The reason I have not tried it is because I have worried that if I sold, the price would never come back down. Of course, my XMR hoard is small, but I am always working to increase it, so I may try selling a fraction at a later time, in hopes of buying the dip later.

Edit: What does the last part of your post mean? "TA has been triangle and 6h ma20"

Investonomics?
this triangle (i have been using little bit fibos and rsi also). this has been risky, i could have ended with less xmr, but also this protects my investment if xmr fails. i have had quite strict plan and i don't recommend you to trade if you don't have a plan or if you are too emotionally attached to your xmr/btc stack.

EDIT. oops, this is not the speculation thread, sry about OT
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
If we're still kicking around fund raising, is there a API available for gambling sites?

I suggest dev create a gambling site and the proceeds go to dev fund.
legendary

I'm not sure I understand. How do the needs of these other gambling sites differ from those of exchanges?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
i have swing traded xmr and i have lowered my avg btc/xmr buy in by swing trading, approx 20% more xmr, my first buy was month ago at 0.0037 and then 0.003, then i sold at 0.005-0.004 and then bought 0.0037-0.004, then sold again 0.004 and bought 0.0038-0.004, TA has been triangle and 6h ma20

Nice.

The reason I have not tried it is because I have worried that if I sold, the price would never come back down. Of course, my XMR hoard is small, but I am always working to increase it, so I may try selling a fraction at a later time, in hopes of buying the dip later.

Edit: What does the last part of your post mean? "TA has been triangle and 6h ma20"

Investonomics?
Jump to: