Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1455. (Read 4670622 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
It would be great if there was a Windows GUI by the official devs.
It doesn't have to be officially released though.
What about providing an early test build (with big alpha-logo inside) once per KB fees are implemented? Precompiled for Windows with all the necessary runtime environments bundled. Wink
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
What might greatly help in the GUI matter and in everything that is not the core core responsibility of the core team, may we present you:

Monero Economy Workgroup. Q&A just out!
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
Maybe we should all get together and start a little fund that will finance all the work needed to build a nice GUI. How is that?
Maybe set up donation addresses exclusively for the development of the GUI wallet? Might help in assessing how important it is for the community.

This isn't a terrible idea if the Devs can focus on the coin's main priorities. I'm sure the team doesn't want to sacrifice a current member to work on something that's lower on their priority list.
Activity: 58
Maybe we should all get together and start a little fund that will finance all the work needed to build a nice GUI. How is that?
Maybe set up donation addresses exclusively for the development of the GUI wallet? Might help in assessing how important it is for the community.
Activity: 78
Of all the coins that have come and gone through the years, Monero really stands out. The community, devs, promising new tech, rapid progress - everything is very impressive with this coin.
 I feel like we're in the midst of something very special and very important. This is something I haven't seen or felt since the earlier bitcoin days.
That's exactly! But Developers can't  make a wallet properly, I tired to deal with it!  Sad

Exactly! I'm looking forward to having one.

Well we do work for free, we're not a company, so check back in ~12 months:-P

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Of all the coins that have come and gone through the years, Monero really stands out. The community, devs, promising new tech, rapid progress - everything is very impressive with this coin.
 I feel like we're in the midst of something very special and very important. This is something I haven't seen or felt since the earlier bitcoin days.
That's exactly! But Developers can't  make a wallet properly, I tired to deal with it!  Sad

Well we do work for free, we're not a company, so check back in ~12 months:-P
Activity: 33

donator
Is it possible for XMR to adopt the mini blockchain (XCN) or pruned blockchain (BBR)? How easy to implement that? The main reason I like BBR is its blockchain and faster sync time.

We can't use XCN's mini-blockchain, since you want to have the entire utxoset to mix with (the more old transactions you can mix with the better it is for your anonymity).

If we mix with the last 10,000 blocks, is it still untraceable?

Do you have any plan to implement a method to minimise the increase of blockchain?

We have some very early seeds of ideas to allow for lightweight clients that can do full verification from a point-in-time onwards with negligible disk space and < 50mb a day of data @ 8 transactions a minute (11 585 transactions a day). That is quite some time away, though, as our focus is on getting full nodes working well and efficiently.
Activity: 74
third listed pool - pool.cryptoescrow.eu - SCAM!
new blocks every day but last payment - 02.09.2014
90 connected miners - nobody seems to care!
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Is it possible for XMR to adopt the mini blockchain (XCN) or pruned blockchain (BBR)? How easy to implement that? The main reason I like BBR is its blockchain and faster sync time.

We can't use XCN's mini-blockchain, since you want to have the entire utxoset to mix with (the more old transactions you can mix with the better it is for your anonymity).

If we mix with the last 10,000 blocks, is it still untraceable?

Do you have any plan to implement a method to minimise the increase of blockchain?
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
donator

We can't use XCN's mini-blockchain, since you want to have the entire utxoset to mix with (the more old transactions you can mix with the better it is for your anonymity). The BBR ring signature pruning is something we won't be implementing, as it makes consensus network validation from before checkpoints impossible (although on an individual basis you can implement the pruning yourself without affecting anything if you simply don't care about that).
donator
What does this error of bitmonerod mean?
Some problems at write:
software on your host computer severed  established connection:

It's really hard to pin this down, as you are the only person encountering any of these issues. We try to test thoroughly in multiple Windows environments on VMs with restricted hardware, and even they don't hit the problems you're seeing. At any rate, that 10052 is not a Monero error, it's an error coming from Windows, and it basically means that there was a socket error. 99% of the time a socket error is caused by overly aggressive antivirus software.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Activity: 84
I just had to go 5 pages deep to get to this thread...

(subbed)
Activity: 14
Fall is coming,nice season to mine XMR with GPU. Wink
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
That your Antivir/Firewall or whatever is blocking....
 What does this error of bitmonerod mean?
Some problems at write:
software on your host computer severed  established connection:
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
It's a miniupnpc thing. You can run Monero without it.
When does Bitmonerod show - No IGD was found, it makes more
 200 outgoing connections but there is very few traffic ... Then Bitmonerod  check one connection, it's failed, close bad connection, open new, again close bad connection,  go to next & etc. I had to sync bitmonerod on last blockchain just one time when "UPnP device was found but not recoginzed as IGD" but i used  old default data folder -
 C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\BitMonero\
It does seem to be a filesystem error, when you started using the new --data-dir setting bitmonerod will create new p2pstate.bin and poolstate.bin files once it has found some peers and received some txes from them, seems like that is where yours is getting stuck.
There are NO p2pstate.bin and poolstate.bin in my new --data-dir for  bitmonerod.exe!
New --data-dir have
bitmonerod.exe, bitmonerod.bat, blockchain.bin, wallet.bin.keys, wallet.bin.address.txt & simplewallet.exe. That's all at all.  Sad

not positive, but may have a look at the create times on the p2pstate.bin and poolstate.bin's in C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\BitMonero\ , as that is where they live in most cases i have run into. (edit - i'm not sure what the --data-dir override does exactly, but i've never seen those p2pstate.bin or poolstate.bin reside in the exe's directory before)...
It's a miniupnpc thing. You can run Monero without it.
When does Bitmonerod show - No IGD was found, it makes more
 200 outgoing connections but there is very few traffic ... Then Bitmonerod  check one connection, it's failed, close bad connection, open new, again close bad connection,  go to next & etc. I had to sync bitmonerod on last blockchain just one time when "UPnP device was found but not recoginzed as IGD" but i used  old default data folder -
 C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\BitMonero\
It does seem to be a filesystem error, when you started using the new --data-dir setting bitmonerod will create new p2pstate.bin and poolstate.bin files once it has found some peers and received some txes from them, seems like that is where yours is getting stuck.
There are NO p2pstate.bin and poolstate.bin in my new --data-dir for  bitmonerod.exe!
New --data-dir have
bitmonerod.exe, bitmonerod.bat, blockchain.bin, wallet.bin.keys, wallet.bin.address.txt & simplewallet.exe. That's all at all.  Sad
Jump to: