Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1481. (Read 4670622 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Just made my first ever XMR purchase - 5 minutes of XMR dev time for attack mitigation and security.

Thanks, devs!!

This kind of post is such good news.  Today made the coin, and community, incalculably stronger :-)

Well, I also just made my first purchase, but they are locked on BTER because I can't withdraw.
Very good first impression!

(1) Don't buy XMR on BTER, and
Too late, I just deposit some satoshis, did a market buy monero and went for withdrawal, basically a hit and run.

Can someone advise me on a place where I can do a hit and run which actually works? I don't want to have them locked up somewhere online.

Poloniex has worked great for me.
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
Just made my first ever XMR purchase - 5 minutes of XMR dev time for attack mitigation and security.

Thanks, devs!!

This kind of post is such good news.  Today made the coin, and community, incalculably stronger :-)

Well, I also just made my first purchase, but they are locked on BTER because I can't withdraw.

Too late, I just deposit some satoshis, did a market buy monero and went for withdrawal, basically a hit and run.

Can someone advise me on a place where I can do a hit and run which actually works? I don't want to have them locked up somewhere online.

how come it doesnt work? i think bter make you pay a 1% fee on withdrawal so that may be the reason why you cant withdraw? maybe you're withdrawing too much? otherwise, whats the error msg?

for hit and runs, i recommend mintpal and bter, but you can only hit small as the volume is very low there. most volume happens on poloniex and hitbtc
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1008
Delusional crypto obsessionist

Thanks, devs!!

edit: never did a personal transaction through this forum but I think I might want to try this as well, or shouldn't I?
legendary

Thanks, devs!!

This kind of post is such good news.  Today made the coin, and community, incalculably stronger :-)

(2) if it made a great first impression, then you would not be buying them this cheap Smiley
The impression came when everything else already happened.

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

Thanks, devs!!

This kind of post is such good news.  Today made the coin, and community, incalculably stronger :-)

(1) Don't buy XMR on BTER, and (2) if it made a great first impression, then you would not be buying them this cheap Smiley

Cheers!
legendary

Thanks, devs!!

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

Thanks, devs!!

legendary
Why can't I withdraw monero from BTER? Anyone else got this problem?
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

Thanks, devs!!

kbm
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Not surprising XMR gets attacked and will continue to be a target with such vitriol towards their own father, that made their birth possible.. constantly referring to them as scamdevs and acting as if XMR is the immaculate conception

That sort of sounds like a threat.

That's why I asked whether or not they had specific knowledge .. the wording is familiar.

Seriously wish somebody accidentally flipped a switch to make IP's show up for a day all across the forums.  And some archival website was able to take a snapshot.  Insanity would ensue

Doubtful it would work in this case, my TOR sense is tingling.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Not surprising XMR gets attacked and will continue to be a target with such vitriol towards their own father, that made their birth possible.. constantly referring to them as scamdevs and acting as if XMR is the immaculate conception

That's why I asked whether or not they had specific knowledge .. the wording is familiar.

Seriously wish somebody accidentally flipped a switch to make IP's show up for a day all across the forums.  And some archival website was able to take a snapshot.  Insanity would ensue

Those IP addresses are all there...  The mods can see them. Wink  Of course there's tor.
Activity: 99
XMR is the future.
Activity: 469
Merit: 250
English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

Are you implying you are aware of specific motivations behind the terrorist attack just less than 12 hours ago?

Or are you setting up a strawman?
Terrorist attack lmao
Activity: 196
Merit: 12

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
One thing is not really clear to me and excuse me that I don't want to read all the pages of this thread.
I could not find it on the website as well.

How do I recover my private key? I got a bunch of words which is representing my private key, I wrote them down and stored them, but is there any other way to look into a file on my computer to find these words again?

edit: nevermind, I restarted the client with ./simplewallet and was asked about wallet.bin

You can also find the mnemonic seed (the 24 words) by using the command "seed" within simplewallet.

Let's say your hard drive crashes - you can recreate your wallet on another computer by starting simplewallet with the argument --restore-deterministic-wallet, then entering the words. Not bad!
Activity: 264
Merit: 250
One thing is not really clear to me and excuse me that I don't want to read all the pages of this thread.

How do I recover my private key? I got a bunch of words which is representing my private key, I wrote them down and stored them, but is there any other way to look into a file on my computer to find these words again?

edit: nevermind, I restarted the client with ./simplewallet and was asked about wallet.bin

For instance, Monero Client .NET v0.39.0-rc.2 is capable of the retrieval of mnemonic account seeds from the backup manager, utilizing rpcwallet.
kbm
Activity: 84

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

Activity: 723
Merit: 503
the only way is up : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtKADQnjQmc&feature=youtu.be&t=1m10s

otoh, i invite everyone to donate a little bit to the core team so they know how thankful we are for them to have saved the day.  thread is here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/monero-community-hall-of-fame-700400

even 1 xmr!
legendary

Jump to: