Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1511. (Read 4670622 times)

Activity: 475
Merit: 500
Only altcoin exchanges we are missing right now is btc38 and cryptsy, we should get monero added to that! Spoke to fluffypony also on IRC and the GUI wallet is taking some time because the lack of funds.. If more funds would be donated they could hire skilled developers to speed up the work.

I still have 100 monero pledged for as soon as they get the database completed. I only have 2 gigs of ram on here and i dont want to deal with trying to run it on the hard drive Cheesy

Really? Sell the 100 XMR and upgrade your hardware.  It's a thought. Smiley

Cant be upgraded. There is no expansion slot. 2 gb of ram should be plenty for this sort of application. its not a cutting edge video game. Tongue I'll just wait.

OK.  But I am persistent.  Check these out, cost being right about the current value of 100 XMR [4GB RAM, 64 bit Win OS's available, portable, quality manufacturer]
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003O7R6JY/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Donating to the team helps XMR more than donating to Dell!

Steady progress is being made on the database.

is the database integration the main part of the new qt interface?
missive said still a lot work to be done, just interested what kind of parts need to be accomplished ..
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Only altcoin exchanges we are missing right now is btc38 and cryptsy, we should get monero added to that! Spoke to fluffypony also on IRC and the GUI wallet is taking some time because the lack of funds.. If more funds would be donated they could hire skilled developers to speed up the work.

I still have 100 monero pledged for as soon as they get the database completed. I only have 2 gigs of ram on here and i dont want to deal with trying to run it on the hard drive Cheesy

Cant be upgraded. There is no expansion slot. 2 gb of ram should be plenty for this sort of application. its not a cutting edge video game. Tongue I'll just wait.

OK.  But I am persistent.  Check these out, cost being right about the current value of 100 XMR [4GB RAM, 64 bit Win OS's available, portable, quality manufacturer]
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003O7R6JY/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Donating to the team helps XMR more than donating to Dell!

Steady progress is being made on the database.
Activity: 644
Merit: 502

Activity: 509
moneropool.com --- down???
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Anarchists support Monero.

This one definitely does. Smiley
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
It was mentioned that in the next Missive there would be info on donations.  Something along the lines of something tangible for donations given.  I am curious to learn what this is.  It has been delayed due to problems that arose and had to be dealt with.  I have been looking forward to it.
Activity: 644
Merit: 502

Activity: 636
Anarchists support Monero.
legendary
What a load of crap that is. Did he actually say that? "Gimme money pl0x, we hire better people"

I think it's more a case of a lot of the 'core' team devs also need to work in order to, you know, feed themselves and pay bills etc. So work on Monero has to fit around that. If they had more donations, they could spend more time focusing on Monero or pay other developers to work on details whilst they coordinate the effort. Unless you think they should just work for free/pay developers out of their own pockets because they owe it to you somehow?

This is what happens with a 'fair launch' where the developer hasn't pre/insta-mined a lot of the coin themselves. The only Monero they will have is from their own mining endeavours and any donations they receive, so they're not sitting on a mountain of coin they can sell fund development.

It is as simple as this.

There are a lot of separate work items. We are burning through them as fast as we can, with a combination of core dev time, volunteers, and programmers we have hired for specific tasks. We can't do them all at once, and we have to prioritize. But the more funding we have, the more hours we get from the paid developers and the more time core devs can afford to put into the project, and potentially we can hire more programmers too (but we will only hire people we are sure are highly qualified regardless of how much funding is available).

Everything we think is important will get done, either way, but more funding (and more qualified volunteers) means more gets done faster.

In all honestly I don't think everything needs to happen right away anyway. A lot needs to move into place before adoption can become much more widespread, and not all of that involves software development at all. So maybe don't take this as saying we don't need funding, because we do, but it isn't as necessary as the instant gratification seekers might suggest.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
What a load of crap that is. Did he actually say that? "Gimme money pl0x, we hire better people"
It wasn't meant in that way, I think he meant that they could hire extra people then to speed up the work..
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Looks like there was a short dip of cheap coins on poloniex.

Monero appears to be a good coin to invest into as being shown by my own purchases of XMR as of late.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10

I think it's more a case of a lot of the 'core' team devs also need to work in order to, you know, feed themselves and pay bills etc. So work on Monero has to fit around that. If they had more donations, they could spend more time focusing on Monero or pay other developers to work on details whilst they coordinate the effort. Unless you think they should just work for free/pay developers out of their own pockets because they owe it to you somehow?

This is what happens with a 'fair launch' where the developer hasn't pre/insta-mined a lot of the coin themselves. The only Monero they will have is from their own mining endeavours and any donations they receive, so they're not sitting on a mountain of coin they can sell fund development.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
legendary

legendary
BTC38 is a Chinese exchange so what you really need is QQ groups making noise about it.

With capital outfly restrictions I think the chinese would be very interested in this!
Activity: 560
BTC38 is a Chinese exchange so what you really need is QQ groups making noise about it.
legendary

Monero is on voting list of btc38: http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade_en.html

Interesting thing is that you can vote by donating btc, maybe we can set up a small fund for this? Would do monero and it's liquidity good if it would be added there. BitsharesX volume was in a few million dollars if I recall correct.

The history is that some idiots spent a lot of money to vote to get the coin on Mintpal and it did nothing other than pump the coin absurdly high for a short time followed by a long decline (plus a lot of BTC in Mintpal's pocket).

If there is real demand for trading, and an opportunity to make money from commissions, exchanges will respond to that by listing it. Trying to bribe them to do it before the demand is really there is not a good idea.

You got a good point there, I think they will notice that they can benefit from monero (because of the high trading volume). Maybe a email to them where monero would be elaborated would push them in the right direction  Wink

Yes!  Much better than giving them BTC

Maybe something some core members can do? My english is not that good and wouldn't want to sent an email full with gramatical errors :p

I don't think it matters how good your english is. What matters is them hearing from more and more people.

legendary

Monero is on voting list of btc38: http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade_en.html

Interesting thing is that you can vote by donating btc, maybe we can set up a small fund for this? Would do monero and it's liquidity good if it would be added there. BitsharesX volume was in a few million dollars if I recall correct.

The history is that some idiots spent a lot of money to vote to get the coin on Mintpal and it did nothing other than pump the coin absurdly high for a short time followed by a long decline (plus a lot of BTC in Mintpal's pocket).

If there is real demand for trading, and an opportunity to make money from commissions, exchanges will respond to that by listing it. Trying to bribe them to do it before the demand is really there is not a good idea.

You got a good point there, I think they will notice that they can benefit from monero (because of the high trading volume). Maybe a email to them where monero would be elaborated would push them in the right direction  Wink

Yes!  Much better than giving them BTC

Maybe something some core members can do? My english is not that good and wouldn't want to sent an email full with gramatical errors :p
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
I long for the day when exchanges are decentralized through a peer-to-per network.

Can't monero be implemented in the NXT multigateway ?
Jump to: