Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1512. (Read 4670622 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Only altcoin exchanges we are missing right now is btc38 and cryptsy, we should get monero added to that! Spoke to fluffypony also on IRC and the GUI wallet is taking some time because the lack of funds.. If more funds would be donated they could hire skilled developers to speed up the work.

Monero is on voting list of btc38: http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade_en.html

Interesting thing is that you can vote by donating btc, maybe we can set up a small fund for this? Would do monero and it's liquidity good if it would be added there. BitsharesX volume was in a few million dollars if I recall correct.

I have a different way to look at it.
You should never have to vote to get a coin listed and you should certainly never pay. Exchanges will list any coin with merit because they want to make a buck. The pump and dumpers love to vote up coins to unload them. I despise the entire structure because it smacks of corruption from the getgo.

How about turning it around? Exchanges should be paying developers to list coins or paying them a cut of each transaction. I am not a fan of the evil known as exchanges. I long for the day when exchanges are decentralized through a peer-to-per network.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Only altcoin exchanges we are missing right now is btc38 and cryptsy, we should get monero added to that! Spoke to fluffypony also on IRC and the GUI wallet is taking some time because the lack of funds.. If more funds would be donated they could hire skilled developers to speed up the work.

Monero is on voting list of btc38: http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade_en.html

Interesting thing is that you can vote by donating btc, maybe we can set up a small fund for this? Would do monero and it's liquidity good if it would be added there. BitsharesX volume was in a few million dollars if I recall correct.

The history is that some idiots spent a lot of money to vote to get the coin on Mintpal and it did nothing other than pump the coin absurdly high for a short time followed by a long decline (plus a lot of BTC in Mintpal's pocket).

If there is real demand for trading, and an opportunity to make money from commissions, exchanges will respond to that by listing it. Trying to bribe them to do it before the demand is really there is not a good idea.

You got a good point there, I think they will notice that they can benefit from monero (because of the high trading volume). Maybe a email to them where monero would be elaborated would push them in the right direction  Wink

Yes!  Much better than giving them BTC
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

The history is that some idiots spent a lot of money to vote to get the coin on Mintpal and it did nothing other than pump the coin absurdly high for a short time followed by a long decline (plus a lot of BTC in Mintpal's pocket).

If there is real demand for trading, and an opportunity to make money from commissions, exchanges will respond to that by listing it. Trying to bribe them to do it before the demand is really there is not a good idea.

You got a good point there, I think they will notice that they can benefit from monero (because of the high trading volume). Maybe a email to them where monero would be elaborated would push them in the right direction  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I just don´t see the reason for voting.
We are top 5 volume like daily, every sane business would just add it to get a pie of the volume and earn money with trading fees.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011

That reminds me, I nominated it at the following link last week, and it needs votes: http://cryptmarketcap.com/marketcap/vote-coin/
Activity: 770
Any conjecture as to the reason for the dumping?

Maybe it has something to do with the coordinated BTC dumps on all the exchanges.  People want to short.

BTC is on the downtrend and many alts are getting dragged along with it.
legendary
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?

Maybe it has something to do with the coordinated BTC dumps on all the exchanges.  People want to short.
legendary
We do need decentralized exchanges, the first guy that come with a legit one will be making history

Yep - peer to peer but the code must be on GIT and people with a lot more intelligence than me must vet the software has no theft mechanism nor ability to inject malicious code into the system.

Now there is an IPO that I would like to get in on.

EDIT: Ideally there would be more than 1 choice to keep a competitive balance.
Activity: 560

You'd be trying to read the mind of 1 or 2 people. Tongue In illiquid, low-market cap assets like these, one person acting is too often interpreted as "the market" acting.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Do you want to have total control over your crypto-currency investment?
Sick of centralised exchanges being hacked and losing your coins? Tired of being tracked by governments and NSA?
Well, together we can put an end to all of this soon!! Introducing to you a fully decentralized, blockchain controlled, ultimate cryptocurrency exchange and marketplace.

Features:
+Decentralized multi-currency exchange.
+Optional anonymizing funtion
+Paid Exchange Nodes
+Fiat gateway
+Daily, Weekly & Monthly Lotteries(Prize pool will be donated from the daily trading fees). Anybody can participate by just paying a nominal fees. Just like Euromillions Smiley Merchants can also conduct lotteries for their products: for example ASIC Hardware's, Graphics Cards, other services, etc.
+Coin voting: Users can vote for their favourite coin. Every week new coins will be added according to user-demand.
+Live price tickers for all the coins.

Yes you heard that right!!All of these features will be completely decentralised and controlled by the blockchain.

Please visit the ANN to ask questions to the dev

ANN: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-credits-crd-with-20-decentralized-exchangeanonmarketmore-peak-july-2nd-634403

Webiste: http://www.futurecredits.net/

SUPPORT DECENTRALIZATION.
You do realize this is the Monero thread, right?  Smiley
Activity: 473
Merit: 250
We have been on a repeating cycle of 3 days growth, 2 days consolidation rinse and repeat since the bottom. This although the biggest correction is right in line with the uptrend pattern. If the pattern holds price should stabilise around .0047 before pushing .0055 on Tuesday.
Activity: 71
What are the long term plans for Monero? Services, etc. I am interested but I'm trying to summarize the advantages over other Cryptonote coins.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org

last stop before the 0.005, all aboard the cheap xmr train Cheesy

It should stay down for a few days.
legendary
Do the devs intend to compete with this:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8608272

I would mine both Boolberry and Monero but all of my rigs are NVIDIA and I am a windows man. No Bool for me until that happens.
Activity: 735
Merit: 501

BBR just experienced a massive pump it seems. Also Monero was rising quickly and it didn't have enough buy support to sustain the rise.
legendary
Small correction because we were going parabolic I guess. Uptrend is still going on I think.
Activity: 87

It's like the tides. Money goes in, money goes out. Never a miscommunication, you can't explain that.
Jump to: