Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1515. (Read 4670622 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Monero has today passed DarkCoin in Price/Coin for the first time.

It briefly passed DRK about 10 days ago in the 0036 range when DRK was at its lowest. Hopefully it will stay ahead this time Smiley

I'm confident it will Smiley DRK is dead

lmao watch out this thread is not self mod drk trolls will come here and ruin a good conversation

on a side note: lots o tension in the drk forums, lulz.
Activity: 294
Not sure if this has been discussed, but what would be the hashrate of the top supercomputers?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tianhe-2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_%28supercomputer%29

Is it fair to say network needs to be strong than a couple of these for a truly secure network?

uhhmmmm

can I rent a contract on that machine for one hour? lulz

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Second time
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!

It briefly passed DRK about 10 days ago in the 0036 range when DRK was at its lowest. Hopefully it will stay ahead this time Smiley

I'm confident it will Smiley DRK is dead
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Must... control... self... Must... not... go... on... off... topic... rant...

So how about monero lately. Glad to see the price starting to rise. Still so much more to go Grin

100$ with 6 months. Against that time BTC will be 1500/2000$

We need to have a 100 dollar party if that happens. Like the bitcoin 1000 dollar party.

Not recommended... We planned a Bitcoin $100 party too, but by the time it was arranged, it was a $200 party. These things are always a jinx (ring a bell at the top)

...Noone wanted to do it all over again later in the year, so it became $1000 party and look what happened.

Well im having a 100 dollar party with or without you guys Cheesy.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10

So how about monero lately. Glad to see the price starting to rise. Still so much more to go Grin

I got calculated 4.5 months (conservatively) till 24.5 USD, guess this belongs in speculation  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
No. Because: "Our hardware supports wide range of crypto algorithms: Scrypt, Scrypt-N, X11, X13, Keccak and others."

Monero uses CryptoNote.
Activity: 509
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

We need to have a 100 dollar party if that happens. Like the bitcoin 1000 dollar party.

Not recommended... We planned a Bitcoin $100 party too, but by the time it was arranged, it was a $200 party. These things are always a jinx (ring a bell at the top)

...Noone wanted to do it all over again later in the year, so it became $1000 party and look what happened.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Not sure if this has been discussed, but what would be the hashrate of the top supercomputers?

Is it fair to say network needs to be strong than a couple of these for a truly secure network?

The first one lists at 17 MW. At 3 h/W, that is 5.7 Mh. Our network is currently 27 Mh...

hash/W or W/hash? would be 51Mh ..

Correction noted above
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Yeah ! Another debate between leftist and libertarian on bitcointalk, the last was so useful...
I'd say either "leftist" and "rightist" or "interventionists" and "libertarians". I prefer symmetry in wording.

I created a new thread to not pollute this one: Libertarianism and interventionnism. I won't answer on this topic here.
legendary

Activity: 475
Merit: 500

The first one lists at 17 MW. At 3 h/W, that is 5.7 Mh. Our network is currently 27 Mh...

hash/W or W/hash? would be 51Mh ..
Activity: 504
Because a thread should be made, but OP's not going to do it.  Somebody else should do it.

Yeah ! Another debate between leftist and libertarian on bitcointalk, the last was so useful...
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
This is so sad. The level of brainwashing the government puts people through to get them to believe this nonsense is terrifying. I'm not going to get into debunking this here though, this is not the place for it. If you want make a thread and invite me to it.

Because a thread should be made, but OP's not going to do it.  Somebody else should do it.

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Has anyone successfully compiled bitmonerd/simplewallet on Arch ?

- Executing binaires just gives me: "core dumped"

- Trying to compile is a hell: first the script wants to execure "sudo apt get install" for the boost 1.55 ?!?! Probably doesn't get that I already have it. Then it gets stucked on "No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found". I have all base-devel installed.

Have you got gcc 4.9+ installed?

Hi ff, thanks for replying. I run chakra linux which is kde arch basically. 64bits.

Kernel 3.15.5-1
gcc 4.9.0.8
cmake 3.0.0.1
make 3.82
boost 1.55

Try 'pacman -S base-devel' - for some reason CMake isn't finding your GCC at all.
Jump to: