Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1575. (Read 4670622 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 260
why would anyone move from xmr to a pump and dump (cloaka)?

Because one pump-n-dump is not much different from another pump-n-dump? Smiley
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
As I write this the price of Monero is 91% of it's average price.

91% of its all-time volume weighted price.

For Bitcoin, the similar metric is about $100 and the current price is $600.

If you are scared of dump, try bitcoin...Wink

Monero needs to go to 0.030 to reach similar overvaluation.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
Why Monero price is down  Huh

In my opinion, classic pump & dump.  Developers hope to repeat it again (it hasn't passed on Mint). They've invested a lot of money and now they want to get profit.

According to the news XMR devs were busy and now are going to implement new features. IMO, this news are rumors to pump XMR price so they'll be able to dump it soon .

You heard it here first.  The reason the price is down is because it's being pumped Huh

It's down if you bought higher.  As I write this the price of Monero is 91% of it's average price.

Activity: 528
Merit: 250

In my opinion, classic pump & dump.  Developers hope to repeat it again (it hasn't passed on Mint). They've invested a lot of money and now they want to get profit.

According to the news XMR devs were busy and now are going to implement new features. IMO, this news are rumors to pump XMR price so they'll be able to dump it soon .

everyone is moving out of monero and into cloak
Activity: 58
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

Sad thing is that there's so few news of such new business as I read these forums.  I very much look forward to specific cost savings statistics that will come or other business benefits as BTC and alt coins take stronger hold in financial markets.  That's really what I want to read about from dev teams in these forums.

That makes sense. Unfortunately it is also wrong.  Every coin with bizdev has been a failure.  The only coin to achieve a perceptible (tiny) degree of success had no bizdev to speak of.  It created opportunities which were exploited by visionary entrepreneurs from outside.  The neutrality of the platform is critical to its success.  You are asking XMR to commit suicide by shortsighted greed.

No, I'm not asking anyone anything.  I'm stating what should be common sense but as you prove above, it ain't that common.  Tangible business activity, just like what BTC has achieved, is what any coin needs to be successful.  

What I am saying is that we hear more about technical advantages of various coins more than we hear about how a coin will leverage business success.  The latter is far more important, just as BTC has proved.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas

Sad thing is that there's so few news of such new business as I read these forums.  I very much look forward to specific cost savings statistics that will come or other business benefits as BTC and alt coins take stronger hold in financial markets.  That's really what I want to read about from dev teams in these forums.

That makes sense. Unfortunately it is also wrong.  Every coin with bizdev has been a failure.  The only coin to achieve a perceptible (tiny) degree of success had no bizdev to speak of.  It created opportunities which were exploited by visionary entrepreneurs from outside.  The neutrality of the platform is critical to its success.  You are asking XMR to commit suicide by shortsighted greed.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
It's just a big gamble right now and most of the mentality is to go with the coin that has proved itself: Bitcoin.  That's why BTC is stable and high while others get converted for more BTC.  It will take tangible business agreements for any other coin to do what Bitcoin has done and BTC is just getting started.  No one can tell if it will happen quick or slow but eventually there is a good chance for other crypto coins to serve a purpose just as BTC does now.

What will make or break coins in a competitive market are not just the tech devs but more so the marketing and business professionals on the dev team.  It will take someone citing case studies of BTC successes to go into fresh territory and trumpet how and why their alt coin can do it better.

Sad thing is that there's so few news of such new business as I read these forums.  I very much look forward to specific cost savings statistics that will come or other business benefits as BTC and alt coins take stronger hold in financial markets.  That's really what I want to read about from dev teams in these forums.
Activity: 294
Almost two months ago the devs turned away people volunteering to help on the web design, saying that they were working on it, and had a new site design that would be ready "very soon".

Are there any preliminary agenda regarding monero.cc improvements? Or is it a special intention to keep it looking like abandoned home page as long as possible?  Wink

Surely it's a minor task but some people still consider web site as a face of the project.

Both its appearance and presentation of the information could be much better organized and it's neither difficult and time consuming nor expensive. Even a simple ready site template, for example from http://themeforest.net/ can help to advance the current level in order of magnitude.

Yes curious isn't it?  They have stated that a new website was just about ready more than once.  If they don't care about a website then they should just say so.  It doesn't make much sense.  It's not rocket science.  My twelve year old niece could put up a better website in a couple of hours.  But in the end it's really about the coin.  And this coin is starting to lose it's appeal.  At least for me.  Especially with the blatant manipulation by a few large holders.      

Please everyone let's not forget shojatxt is a known troll
legendary
Merit: 1217
I bought some coins@ 0.009 and now after few weeks i've decided to look at the market price it's around 0.004....WTF?

welcome to life

Personally I feel like an early hodler of bitcoin lately, so f it, I shall continue to ride the storms... Smiley

Cryptonote is probably going to be a big deal in the future. Monero is probably going to be the main cryptonote platform. I just try to maintain the proper perspective.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
I bought some coins@ 0.009 and now after few weeks i've decided to look at the market price it's around 0.004....WTF?

welcome to life

Personally I feel like an early hodler of bitcoin lately, so f it, I shall continue to ride the storms... Smiley
legendary
Merit: 1217

welcome to life
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

good thing you didn't look when it was around 0.002!  haha
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I have a 32 Bit wallet , which I cannot now access (on a 32 bit windows OS)

Will I need to instal 0.8.8  on a 64 bit OS, and import keys, or is there a way of running (or just backing up) the 32 bit walllet ?

I am unable to view my coins balance : is there a way of viewing coin balance/addresses using the key files from the old wallet (without running it) ?

You will need to upgrade to 64 bit unless you can make the 32 bit Wallet work. I still think that booting with /3GB should work but no one has demonstrated that.
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

I'm pretty sure that calls for an immediate dump. No... wait...
(Can't tell if that's brave, or just absurd, but I'm inclined towards the latter... buying right during a massive rally, and then ignoring your investments or the market for a few weeks? Perhaps you should just check-in again on your investments in a few more months!) 

~ Myagui
Activity: 434
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
I have a 32 Bit wallet , which I cannot now access (on a 32 bit windows OS)

Will I need to instal 0.8.8  on a 64 bit OS, and import keys, or is there a way of running (or just backing up) the 32 bit walllet ?

I am unable to view my coins balance : is there a way of viewing coin balance/addresses using the key files from the old wallet (without running it) ?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
donator
Merit: 1036
And this coin is starting to lose it's appeal.  At least for me.  Especially with the blatant manipulation by a few large holders.      

The only "blatant manipulation" I am able to see, is some large and small holders buying low, selling high, and making swing trading very difficult for those who usually participate in various pumps and dumps. If this is your accusation, I am proud to be part of it - if it is something else, shoot!

During its history, Monero has had perhaps the narrowest range in which trades have happened: 82% of all trades have happened between 0.002 and 0.006! Again, if it is unappealing that the coin has solid value, I am sorry we'll continue to disagree.
Jump to: