Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1570. (Read 4670622 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
Just a note of appreciation for the continuing regular updates by the dev team.  Well done.

I do think you should consider making staging integration builds more easily available to supporters willing to test in their diverse environments. It will improve the robustness of releases, convey project velocity, and save dev team testing time if done right.

Also, I propose an official motto for monero, suitable for business cards, physical coins & c.:

Monero est priquiditas pro populo.

Because: Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Sometimes you appear higher.  (not that there's anything wrong with that)
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Here is the URL for Google Hangout. If you have a Google account, you can already announce you will attend it or share the link. A Google account WON'T be necessary to watch the video, but it will be for leaving comments on YouTube. If you also want to ask a question with the Q/A feature (as opposed to asking on #monero-dev) you will also need a Google+ account (new Google accounts automatically have Google+ activated, but older one might not).

Monero Fireside Chat #1

About Q/A: We activated the Q/A feature of Google Hangout on Air. You will have the opportunity to ask questions on Google Hangout on top of the regular #monero-dev questions. When a question asked on the Google Q/A platform will we answered, an anchor will be created on the video so that future viewers can go straight to the answer.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Monero offers unparalleled priquidity.  I made that up.  I'm proud of it.  (privacy * liquidity) = priquidity.  I also haven't slept in too darn long.

Soon you will have to sleep. And that will be my feast. Uninterrupted Monero buying without competitor. Mmmm.......
Activity: 658
Monero Core Team
Also, I propose an official motto for monero, suitable for business cards, physical coins & c.:

Monero offers unparalleled priquidity.  I made that up.  I'm proud of it.  (privacy * liquidity) = priquidity.  I also haven't slept in too darn long.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur. = whatever is written in Latin sound profound

Esperanto sounds less profound and both Latin and Esperanto are "universal" language (the first one was in the past, the second one expects to be in the future, although I would not bet on it).
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I just transfered my XMR to Poloniex (from BTER) because they have more volume to trade, but apparently forgot a payment ID. What is this crap? Is there a way to retrieve my XMR?? Hope so... If not this is the last time I'll trade XMR, what a nonsense...

It should be OK. Poloniex received your money, but without payment ID just do not  know that it's yours.

Try to contact Poloniex support and provide some information about your transaction. How much you have transferred and at what time. If it's not enough you can also try to ask BTER support about the trasaction ID of this transfer.

Thanks. Yeah I got everything, time, amount, TX ID and payment ID so send all in a ticket to Polo. Let's hope for the best. My luck that it's stuck in a minor uptrend  Wink
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
I just transfered my XMR to Poloniex (from BTER) because they have more volume to trade, but apparently forgot a payment ID. What is this crap? Is there a way to retrieve my XMR?? Hope so... If not this is the last time I'll trade XMR, what a nonsense...

It should be OK. Poloniex received your money, but without payment ID just do not  know that it's yours.

Try to contact Poloniex support and provide some information about your transaction. How much you have transferred and at what time. If it's not enough you can also try to ask BTER support about the trasaction ID of this transfer.
Activity: 364
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
Anyone: Please list your mining configuration details here and keep the tables (cpu, gpu) up to date:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MI-ic0Os25hgGUImW54sUIjZY_pUNQNa_W8Se5pRGBs/edit?pli=1#gid=1726706747
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Just a note of appreciation for the continuing regular updates by the dev team.  Well done.

I do think you should consider making staging integration builds more easily available to supporters willing to test in their diverse environments. It will improve the robustness of releases, convey project velocity, and save dev team testing time if done right.

Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Activity: 263
Let's see. PoS, 2 week PoW that just ended, less liquidity than MRO on smooth's OTC exchange, looks pumped already. Hmmmmm, I'll pass this one.
Activity: 723
shit coin promoting

If you want to be heard, i'd suggest you to go there and donate accordingly to your big stack of XMR : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/monero-community-hall-of-fame-697438

Until then, please stop posting that kind of shit. Here, we call this spam.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

I was about to post about this!

The importance statement is this : "during the dev discussion portion following the announcement we'll be available to take questions on IRC in #monero-dev on Freenode."

It means its at the very least an announcement technical by nature, otherwise why take questions afterwards? this means no cryptsy, no website, no gui (database thingy stuffy problem? ive no idea what i'm talking about lol) -- personally i'm betting on i2p integration ! remember that a few missives ago there were mentions of a partnership with i2p and anoncoin and talks about a fundation of some sort in order to make things smoother.

Or database thingy is done and this is the announcement.

I2p was what I was thinking.  Whatever it is, +1 to all devs as usual!

cant wait for xmr gambling sites to pop up so we can bet about this ridiculous things:)

I bet all I own vs your 10 XMR that the database thingy wont be announced as done this Friday.

The importance statement is this : "during the dev discussion portion following the announcement we'll be available to take questions on IRC in #monero-dev on Freenode."

It means its at the very least an announcement technical by nature, otherwise why take questions afterwards? this means no cryptsy, no website, no gui (database thingy stuffy problem? ive no idea what i'm talking about lol) -- personally i'm betting on i2p integration ! remember that a few missives ago there were mentions of a partnership with i2p and anoncoin and talks about a fundation of some sort in order to make things smoother.

cant wait for xmr gambling sites to pop up so we can bet about this ridiculous things:)
Activity: 280
Who cares?

This week Friday we will have a very special announcement, before going in to a technical discussion, so if you are able to join us live for that then please do so. It will be broadcast live via Google Hangouts on Air, so you'll be able to watch it on YouTube, and during the dev discussion portion following the announcement we'll be available to take questions on IRC in #monero-dev on Freenode.

Can't tell if I should panic buy moar.  Decisions decisions....

Here's the betting line on the very special announcement:

official GUI wallet:  3:2
addition of all-star to dev team:  3:1
acceptance of XMR by McDonald's/Victoria's Secret/BevMo/other  5:1
all else 3:5

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
This week Friday we will have a very special announcement, before going in to a technical discussion, so if you are able to join us live for that then please do so. It will be broadcast live via Google Hangouts on Air, so you'll be able to watch it on YouTube, and during the dev discussion portion following the announcement we'll be available to take questions on IRC in #monero-dev on Freenode.

Can't tell if I should panic buy moar.  Decisions decisions....

Here's the betting line on the very special announcement:

official GUI wallet:  3:2
addition of all-star to dev team:  3:1
acceptance of XMR by McDonald's/Victoria's Secret/BevMo/other  5:1
all else 3:5

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Monero Missives

Can't tell if I should panic buy moar.  Decisions decisions....

Probably buy the rumor, sell the news.  If it were bad news they would have announced it promptly, I think, but everyone is trying to front-run everyone else, so buy early, sell when you think you should have bought, were you naive.
Activity: 243
Merit: 100

I'm not using their miner. I'm using the Claymore miner.

It just depends on which port you point your miner to: https://minergate.com/altminers/claymore-gpu

It does not split the hashrate, a 1000H/s miner will still mine 1000H/s on both XMR and MCN at the same time. There's simply nothing to lose in merge mining.

Well i tried it with yam and wolfs cpu miner. Miners showed hashrate, no errors. Nothing showed up on the pool.

I have merged mined MCN before. It worked intermittently before they added stratum. Now the connection works but, as I said, nothing shows on the pool side.

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the other ones, you should be able to use them however. Maybe check the forums for other people looking to use them the same way.

Have you tried claymore's cpu miner?
Activity: 649
Merit: 500

I'm not using their miner. I'm using the Claymore miner.

It just depends on which port you point your miner to: https://minergate.com/altminers/claymore-gpu

It does not split the hashrate, a 1000H/s miner will still mine 1000H/s on both XMR and MCN at the same time. There's simply nothing to lose in merge mining.

Well i tried it with yam and wolfs cpu miner. Miners showed hashrate, no errors. Nothing showed up on the pool.

I have merged mined MCN before. It worked intermittently before they added stratum. Now the connection works but, as I said, nothing shows on the pool side.
Jump to: