Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1572. (Read 4670622 times)

Activity: 263
Merit: 250
I don't have a user on HitBTC so I can't see the orderbooks, but as much as I like a good, funny, story with a lesson embedded in the consequences, if Kozi is right about the thickness, then he's also right about the fraud or bug. Unfortunately, life is often darker than the narratives we use to rationalize it. I'm (casually) waiting for an explanation as well.

Edit: Obligatory bait:

well almost happened to me on polo... was on a crappy coin and tought was on drk, so i almost bought 2k worth at last second i realized the curves where just not right, and saw i wasxnt on right coin.

Sounds like you were in the right place.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
measure twice, cut once
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
Yep, time to stop watching the price for another few months.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
well almost happened to me on polo... was on a crappy coin and tought was on drk, so i almost bought 2k worth at last second i realized the curves where just not right, and saw i wasxnt on right coin.

thats what i meant. people fuck up. it's human nature. live and learn. glad you caught it before the burn! Cheesy
Activity: 338
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io/
legendary
obviousely someone with lots of cash, else they would be here trying to explain,

most likely someone who saw the fall of xmr in graphs lately and attempted a mass buy over the top buy...

but then again not sure who has 6000$ to buy overpriced xmr .

from 0.003 to 0.8 its not possible to be a phat finger, its not a decimal place its a whole number, maybe a glitch where user tought he was on another coin.... and he wansnt...

Thats' what i was thinking. i mean if it was me, i'd never come here and admit i went full retard on a trade... i'd go cry and bury my head right?
Activity: 338
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io/
obviousely someone with lots of cash, else they would be here trying to explain,

most likely someone who saw the fall of xmr in graphs lately and attempted a mass buy over the top buy...

but then again not sure who has 6000$ to buy overpriced xmr .

from 0.003 to 0.8 its not possible to be a phat finger, its not a decimal place its a whole number, maybe a glitch where user tought he was on another coin.... and he wansnt...
Activity: 264
Having issues sending XMR to MintPal.
I tried using transfer 0,transfer 1 and even a lower amount of XMR keep getting an error.
I have updated to the latest wallet. Some help here please.

Do you suppose you might have an absurd amount of dust?

Not sure if I'm right, but the current beta version has a 'transfer_split' command available to automatically split larger TXes. It may also work on CLI... Smiley
legendary
Guys, can someone explain to me what happened on HitBTC earlier today that made the chart go crazy?
Someone realy bought all the way up to 0.08???

EDIT:
It seems so... Order book shows all trades up to 0.08... so wierd, why would someone do that...?

Oooops. Someone made a MAJOR mistake surely. 163 Moneros for 10 BTC  Shocked

I'm waiting for an official explanation.

Just curious, but from whom?

Well seeing as this is either a serious bug in their system or straight up fraud I expect hitbtc to provide an explanation.

Yep. The entire transaction was about 623 XMR in all. There's no way that was the entire order book from ~470k to 8000k.

Understood. but seriously. if you fat-finger a decimal point in a drunken trade, is the exchange liable for your fubar? Just curious/sayin/wonderin... Wink
This has nothing to do with a fat fingered user mistake. Either the exchange is putting up fake bids/asks that will vanish exactly when market order is executed thus leaving only the thin order book of legit orders to match with and once executed the fake bids/asks immediately are placed back (this would be fraud). The other alternative is that there is a bug of some sort in the matching engine. E.g a limit order set at 0.08 executes at that price instead of lower asks like it's supposed to. I'm not sure which it is, so it will be interesting to hear their response.

Last I checked (few hours ago) it took more than 100000 XMR to break 0.005. The volume is far less. There is no indication of this being legit.

One possible explanation could have been dark orders, but from what I can tell hitbtc don't have that. In other words, trades should be matched against the order book, and it's way too thick for a trade like this.

Ah ok, thanks i didn't read it that way, thanks for schooling me, and sorry to waste time! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
I tried using transfer 0,transfer 1 and even a lower amount of XMR keep getting an error.

Do you suppose you might have an absurd amount of dust?
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Guys, can someone explain to me what happened on HitBTC earlier today that made the chart go crazy?

EDIT:
It seems so... Order book shows all trades up to 0.08... so wierd, why would someone do that...?

Oooops. Someone made a MAJOR mistake surely. 163 Moneros for 10 BTC  Shocked

Well seeing as this is either a serious bug in their system or straight up fraud I expect hitbtc to provide an explanation.

Yep. The entire transaction was about 623 XMR in all. There's no way that was the entire order book from ~470k to 8000k.

Understood. but seriously. if you fat-finger a decimal point in a drunken trade, is the exchange liable for your fubar? Just curious/sayin/wonderin... Wink
This has nothing to do with a fat fingered user mistake. Either the exchange is putting up fake bids/asks that will vanish exactly when market order is executed thus leaving only the thin order book of legit orders to match with and once executed the fake bids/asks immediately are placed back (this would be fraud). The other alternative is that there is a bug of some sort in the matching engine. E.g a limit order set at 0.08 executes at that price instead of lower asks like it's supposed to. I'm not sure which it is, so it will be interesting to hear their response.

Last I checked (few hours ago) it took more than 100000 XMR to break 0.005. The volume is far less. There is no indication of this being legit.

One possible explanation could have been dark orders, but from what I can tell hitbtc don't have that. In other words, trades should be matched against the order book, and it's way too thick for a trade like this.
Activity: 301

legendary

EDIT:

Oooops. Someone made a MAJOR mistake surely. 163 Moneros for 10 BTC  Shocked

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

EDIT:

legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

EDIT:

Some other fat finger at Gox the other day probably wanted to sell 5 BTC at 800 and managed to sell 800 BTC at 5. That's when I stopped complaining about how much my day sucked.
Ouch! Any screenshot, source, something?

Sorry, I was too busy LMFAO'ing. Consider it an anecdote or a fable unless somebody corroborates. Maybe bitcoinwisdom can dredge some data (market sell completely out of the blue with no continuation, quantity between 790 and 820 BTC when market price was within 10 units of quantity - that's all I remember).
legendary

EDIT:

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Some other fat finger at Gox the other day probably wanted to sell 5 BTC at 800 and managed to sell 800 BTC at 5. That's when I stopped complaining about how much my day sucked.
Ouch! Any screenshot, source, something?
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet

Geez, that's insane.
Jump to: