Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1599. (Read 4670622 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I just create my wallet. It is not so easy....
I have the same problem - I can't open my wallet. Can you create a guide which will help me to succeed in opening my wallet.  
Take a look at this post, that was recently created: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7905767
As the Monero community grows I decided to create a social network based on other popular networks to increase the popularity of Monero currency,registration is now open,you are welcome to join  Grin

http://monero-community.com/
Good job!

HitBTC continues its campaign aimed at supporting XMR.

We have already declared the winners of our Fearless Pump campaign.

Now we would love to turn the community's attention to our 0% fee campaign that is still going on and will be until August 1st.
https://i.imgur.com/3hcQ0IW.jpg

We invite everyone to trade at the HitBTC platform and encourage you to get in touch with us personally by email or PM here if you have any questions.
Sign in and enjoy your trading!

https://i.imgur.com/0R3MKTl.png
Nice picture. 0% fee campaign is the only reason I registered at hitbtc to start with XMR.
Never used hitbtc before
BTW, your platform is good and usable. I do not see any reasons to leave it soon.
But for BTC I prefer Kraken for a long time and for now I do not see any reasons to change it.
Activity: 525
Merit: 250
HitBTC continues its campaign aimed at supporting XMR.

We have already declared the winners of our Fearless Pump campaign.

Now we would love to turn the community's attention to our 0% fee campaign that is still going on and will be until August 1st.

We invite everyone to trade at the HitBTC platform and encourage you to get in touch with us personally by email or PM here if you have any questions.
Sign in and enjoy your trading!

Activity: 697
Merit: 500
As the Monero community grows I decided to create a social network based on other popular networks to increase the popularity of Monero currency,registration is now open,you are welcome to join  Grin

http://monero-community.com/
Activity: 2
I have the same problem - I can't open my wallet. Can you create a guide which will help me to succeed in opening my wallet. 
Activity: 2
What countries are the XMR Developers from? Or is this this privileged information? Just curious.
I'm not sure that it's important information. It wouldn't be surprised if the answer will be "USA" or "Europe" but for me it doesn't matter what country are they from - the main is what updates can I see.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free

What is the best exchanges to trade XMR?

Poloniex. They even opened a whole XMR market to replace LTC one.  Wink
Then mintpal and hitbtc.
Activity: 14

What is the best exchanges to trade XMR?
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
What countries are the XMR Developers from? Or is this this privileged information? Just curious.
PM David Latapie if you wish.

And does it mean anything?

Sigh, I suppose not. As long as they are not being forced to code in a sweatshop in sub-saharan Africa. Just want to know what countries produced the developers that are on the pinnacle of technology  Grin

I'm in South Africa...

Smiley

Of the rest of the core team, they are from France, Germany, Canada, and the USA.

Key contributors hail from all over: Russia, Canada, Hungary, Portugal, Finland, and the USA (just off the top of my head).
Activity: 75
Merit: 10

Sigh, I suppose not. As long as they are not being forced to code in a sweatshop in sub-saharan Africa. Just want to know what countries produced the developers that are on the pinnacle of technology  Grin

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Thank you guys )
My prediction is Monero will hit 0.01 before next year, of course im not a profesional market technical analyst so please don't take this as 100% legitimate advice. Im just making a personal prediction and everyone is free to invest or not. I already did my investment and it's doing good thus far.
Any price prediction in cryptocurrencies is not so relevant. But 0.01 is completely fair prediction I think.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
My prediction is Monero will hit 0.01 before next year, of course im not a profesional market technical analyst so please don't take this as 100% legitimate advice. Im just making a personal prediction and everyone is free to invest or not. I already did my investment and it's doing good thus far.
Hi

I want to trade cryptocurrencies. I am new in it. I think that it is good idea to buy monero...
What do you think? Will it grow?
Thank you

Why did you choose Monero?
As I found by myself it is not so easy to get acquainted to this currency.
Please, read the first post in this thread.
Also I have created a post with the help of equipoise: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7905767
It can help you to start XMR faster.

Sure, XMR will grow up. I usually used Bitcoins. But now I will spend some of them to try out XMR.
Going on 16 hours withdrawal from Poloniex to BTER...anyone else having similar issues?

I have now sent support tickets to both exchanges   Huh

Yes.  There was  bug with payment IDs for a while.  See this post from hitBTC for some info.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7987831

It really sucks to have money in limbo.  I do too.
Yesterday I decided to do an arbitrage from Poloniex to Hitbtc. It could be effective: there is a price difference between two exchanges + hitbtc has 0% fees. But I could not withdraw money fast enough from poloniex, so lost time and could not do what I set out to. I'll try again later, hope they'll be no such issues this time.

Anyone planning to arbitrage on any exchanges should have plenty of BTC and their coin of choice on the exchanges ahead of time, surely?

Seeing an arbitrage and waiting on a transfer before you can execute, is like seeing a sexy girl in a club and waiting for the DJ to play a slow jam before making your move... what you think you're the only guy in the room with eyes?! Whilst you wait eyeing her up, some other guy will walk over, run some game and end up dry-humping her to some dubstep and you're left cursing (with umpteen others) the fact that slow jams came on too late.

PS - isn't life too short to arbitrage?

Hi! It is not the first time I've done it. I usually use Kraken for BTC.
I already got acquainted with some other exchanges.
Hitbtc and Poloniex are new for me. I chose them cuz Poloniex is the most popular with XMR and Hitbtc has 0% fees now.

Btw I'm now familiar with both of them (poloniex interface is not so straightforward and fast, but it is ok)
I do not need any suggestions for what I need to do, I just try to share my opinion with everyone. I have never had any problems with BTC transactions before. I'm new to XMR and every day I try to promote my skills.
Thanks to community for support.
I have some BTC to spend on an arbitrage strategy.
And yes. Life is too short for everything, not only for arbitrage. Maybe we have to live it more efficiently?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
I used a 2nd address same story. Copied from a straight line without spaces.
If you copied it from bitcointalk there is a non-visible space near the end of the address.

No, copied straight from the .address.txt wallet file. Same procedure worked many times before.

As said then contact the exchange its not really a protocol issue that the exchange wont accept a valid address.

Will do. One more thing, if you know, what exactly is the "Wallet Key" you get for every wallet address? (cryptonote private key?)
Activity: 798
If you copied it from bitcointalk there is a non-visible space near the end of the address.

No, copied straight from the .address.txt wallet file. Same procedure worked many times before.

As said then contact the exchange its not really a protocol issue that the exchange wont accept a valid address.
Hi

I want to trade cryptocurrencies. I am new in it. I think that it is good idea to buy monero...
What do you think? Will it grow?
Thank you
legendary
Activity: 1120

Jump to: