Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1598. (Read 4670622 times)

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Hi

What is the weekly growth of xmr?
Can you give me a link to sites with info about xmr(news, exchange rate etc)?
Thanks

We publish the Monero Missive every week. All of the previous ones are linked in the OP of this thread.

When you say "weekly growth" are you referring to the emission? There's a "Coins in circulation" chart here: http://monerochain.info/charts

In terms of historical exchange rate, you can use BitcoinWisdom if you're looking for more analytical tools: http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/poloniex/xmrbtc

For general history I'd suggest looking at CryptoCoinCharts: http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/coins/show/xmr - clicking on the XMR/BTC pair for each exchange will show you a chart and other info.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hi

What is the weekly growth of xmr?
Can you give me a link to sites with info about xmr(news, exchange rate etc)?
Thanks
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Hi,

I have been day trading alts since January and have made a bot to do all my work.  I am not really interested in investing in any new coins as I already have too much in alts at the moment and not trading some of the more popular is also wasted money. 

This is what I am offering anyone interested.  If you loan me your coins (I only need about 1-2BTC worth) I will use them to trade and give you 35% of profits from the coins.  Yes I understand that there will be a lot of people saying that this is a scam and so on and so forth but I have a lot of backing.  In the poker community I have done hundred of thousands of dollars in transactions with a flawless record and am fairly well known.  I just do not wish to invest anymore BTCs in alts that I do not know enough about.  I have also borrowed with interest (and paid back fully) about 100 BTCs for trading purposes when the volume was about 20x what it is now.

If anyone is interested please PM me, the three coins I currently am not trading that I would be looking for are the following:

CLOAK
XMR
SYNC

So please PM me if interested, if you post in this coin thread I may miss your post.

Thanks
Activity: 994
Merit: 507
I dont see XMR as an ecommerce currency to rival BTC, except for market sectors where people want to remain anonymous and at a distance from the transaction, so no worries about how many confirmations are necessary - merchant can wait for 100 confirms and still ship same day. I think you're right about people trading in and out of XMR, it should be ideal for longterm hidden holding and easy to convert a small portion into BTC for day to day spending money.
Yup, I see it as a "plug-in" that will always coexist with BTC. XMR supplies the privacy by being a seperate and secure market with lots of liquidity. Even the fact that the echange rate is variable to each transaction helps against correlating coins based on values. People may never directly deal in XMR other than their BTC clients silently moving BTC around in and out of XMR for privacy.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I want to suggest something controversial:

Instead of XMR promoted as an alt-currency it could be called the first "privacy plug-in coin". It's not intended to totally replace BTC. XMR offers features that BTC can not do. XMR's blockchain can't be monitored in the same way and as a result allows anonymous payments.

XMR's killer app will be a distributed exchange that will trade XMR/BTC/altcoins. By trading in and out of XMR you re-enable privacy for BTC! Both coins may thrive off of each others success. As demand for privacy increases the more volume in the XMR/BTC pair.

XMR can be a huge success even if no one uses it as a currency. LTC always sold itself as bitcoin's silver. XMR is bitcoin's privacy plug-in. Poloniex is adding a bunch of trading pairs. I'm expecting that any coin that doesn't have anonymous payments will eventually pair with XMR to enable privacy.

This would create a unique situation in which coins will lean on XMR for privacy. Coins will be able to add privacy without worrying about their blockchain and as XMR copes with challenges in it's implentation, it can idependently change fees, etc to meet challenges. By evolving and using new strategies XMR can be THE PRIVACY PLUG-IN.

I'm not sure its that controversial Smiley I dont see XMR as an ecommerce currency to rival BTC, except for market sectors where people want to remain anonymous and at a distance from the transaction, so no worries about how many confirmations are necessary - merchant can wait for 100 confirms and still ship same day. I think you're right about people trading in and out of XMR, it should be ideal for longterm hidden holding and easy to convert a small portion into BTC for day to day spending money.

Seems to be the way BTCdark is thinking now too, although they are talking about a pNXT exchange using Cryptonote to anonomise transactions, which sounds a bit like they are retro-fitting a solution which is already available in the alternative format you describe above. I may be unfair on them though, havent examined the proposal in depth.
Activity: 994
Merit: 507
I want to suggest something controversial:

Instead of XMR promoted as an alt-currency it could be called the first "privacy plug-in coin". It's not intended to totally replace BTC. XMR offers features that BTC can not do. XMR's blockchain can't be monitored in the same way and as a result allows anonymous payments.

XMR's killer app will be a distributed exchange that will trade XMR/BTC/altcoins. By trading in and out of XMR you re-enable privacy for BTC! Both coins may thrive off of each others success. As demand for privacy increases the more volume in the XMR/BTC pair.

XMR can be a huge success even if no one uses it as a currency. LTC always sold itself as bitcoin's silver. XMR is bitcoin's privacy plug-in. Poloniex is adding a bunch of trading pairs. I'm expecting that any coin that doesn't have anonymous payments will eventually pair with XMR to enable privacy.

This would create a unique situation in which coins will lean on XMR for privacy. Coins will be able to add privacy without worrying about their blockchain and as XMR copes with challenges in it's implentation, it can idependently change fees, etc to meet challenges. By evolving and using new strategies XMR can be THE PRIVACY PLUG-IN.
Activity: 728
Merit: 504
Thank you,

I had already tried restart but p2pstate removal worked fine

Deamon was running fine on my linux Ubuntu 12.1 for the past 5 days, but all of a sudden I am now getting the following error. Can anyone shed some light ?

2014-Jul-25 08:15:29.406625 ERROR /home/xxxx/bitmonero/src/p2p/net_node.inl:82 Exception at [node_server::init_config], what=input stream error
2014-Jul-25 08:15:29.406732 ERROR /home/xxxx/bitmonero/src/p2p/net_node.inl:213 Failed to init config.
2014-Jul-25 08:15:29.406803 ERROR /home/xxxx/bitmonero/src/daemon/daemon.cpp:148 Failed to initialize p2p server.

I assume you have tried to restart and got the same error? Possible your p2pstate.bin file has got corrupted - its in the ~/.bitmonero hidden folder, you can stop your daemon and delete the file, it will then get recreated from the seed nodes when you restart the daemon.
Activity: 120
"everything Ethereum can do, Bitcoin can copy it".

In theory. Politically, good luck with that.

Ethereum is new Ripple, because of this giant capitalization.

Activity: 252
Deamon was running fine on my linux Ubuntu 12.1 for the past 5 days, but all of a sudden I am now getting the following error. Can anyone shed some light ?

2014-Jul-25 08:15:29.406625 ERROR /home/xxxx/bitmonero/src/p2p/net_node.inl:82 Exception at [node_server::init_config], what=input stream error
2014-Jul-25 08:15:29.406732 ERROR /home/xxxx/bitmonero/src/p2p/net_node.inl:213 Failed to init config.
2014-Jul-25 08:15:29.406803 ERROR /home/xxxx/bitmonero/src/daemon/daemon.cpp:148 Failed to initialize p2p server.

I assume you have tried to restart and got the same error? Possible your p2pstate.bin file has got corrupted - its in the ~/.bitmonero hidden folder, you can stop your daemon and delete the file, it will then get recreated from the seed nodes when you restart the daemon.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
Poloniex has become unusable since they changed something on their web couple of days ago

Showing full order books loads up CPUs, but don't trust anything I say - I know little.  It could be something else, but likely related to full order book graphics.

I'ts being discussed now in polo trollbox, and busoni is aware of the problem.
Activity: 728
Merit: 504

Activity: 784
Merit: 272
Hi

I want to trade cryptocurrencies. I am new in it. I think that it is good idea to buy monero...
What do you think? Will it grow?
Thank you

you are new and you found your way here? wow, that makes you lucky, i think you should be 888 xmr. do it now.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
HitBTC continues its campaign aimed at supporting XMR.

We have already declared the winners of our Fearless Pump campaign.

Now we would love to turn the community's attention to our 0% fee campaign that is still going on and will be until August 1st.

We invite everyone to trade at the HitBTC platform and encourage you to get in touch with us personally by email or PM here if you have any questions.
Sign in and enjoy your trading!

Why is Tibanne in an ad for hibtc?  And does he think that mask will prevent us from identifying him?  The little "M" on his collar reveals his first love.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team

But with Monero, I bet it will be much easier.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
- Will ETH be a threat to Monero?
Peter Todd said "everything Ethereum can do, Bitcoin can copy it". This holds even "truer" with Monero.

I guess this answers your question.
Activity: 192

I just create my wallet. It is not so easy....
What is the best exchanges to trade XMR?

polo has more volume but bittrex also does about 20 btc a day.

Poloniex also has a complete xmr market as well.
Activity: 280

I just create my wallet. It is not so easy....
What is the best exchanges to trade XMR?

polo has more volume but bittrex also does about 20 btc a day.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1059
FROSTING
NEW UPDATE ON MINERGATE.COM

Enjoy the most full info about Monero blocks at https://minergate.com/blockchain/mro/blocks

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Going on 16 hours withdrawal from Poloniex to BTER...anyone else having similar issues?

I have now sent support tickets to both exchanges   Huh

Yes.  There was  bug with payment IDs for a while.  See this post from hitBTC for some info.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7987831

It really sucks to have money in limbo.  I do too.
Yesterday I decided to do an arbitrage from Poloniex to Hitbtc. It could be effective: there is a price difference between two exchanges + hitbtc has 0% fees. But I could not withdraw money fast enough from poloniex, so lost time and could not do what I set out to. I'll try again later, hope they'll be no such issues this time.

Anyone planning to arbitrage on any exchanges should have plenty of BTC and their coin of choice on the exchanges ahead of time, surely?

Seeing an arbitrage and waiting on a transfer before you can execute, is like seeing a sexy girl in a club and waiting for the DJ to play a slow jam before making your move... what you think you're the only guy in the room with eyes?! Whilst you wait eyeing her up, some other guy will walk over, run some game and end up dry-humping her to some dubstep and you're left cursing (with umpteen others) the fact that slow jams came on too late.

PS - isn't life too short to arbitrage?

Ew. I cant help but hear morgan freemans voice in the back of my head narrating this sort of behavior when ever i hear people talk about "the club".

"In the sapien species males compete for the females attention through a series of jestures and rythmic motions. Watch as this male sapien attempts to lure a mate with his flamboyant display." -morgan freeman

Like literally aliens could make a documentary about humans and not even pause for breath when moving from some obscure species of bird to people who do this sort of thing.
Jump to: