Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1625. (Read 4670622 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

"Milton Friedman predicts the rise of Monero in 1999!"

"So I think that the internet is going to be one of the major forces for reducing the role of government. The one thing that is missing, but will soon be developed, will be a reliable "ecash". A method where by on the internet you can transfer funds from A to B without A knowing B, or B knowing A, the way in which I can take a $20 bill and there is no record of knowing where it came from. And you may get that without knowing where I am. That kind of thing will develop on the internet and that will make it even easier to use the internet. Of course, it has a negative side. It means the gangsters, the people involved in illegal transactions will have an easier way to carry on their business."

legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!
xa4
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Massive tx volume uptick anyone know what block(s)?

Sorry, but bump  Huh

You think this is a glitch in the monerochain.info data ?
If it isn't, I'm wondering what's happening. High volume transfer to an exchange, hence the dump, coincidence ? Money laundering operation ? I'm just speculating. 
Did you find this(those) block(s) with very large transaction ? 
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Darkcoin hashing power is 82000 MH, so multiplying with a 1000 to compare monero and darkcoin good comparison ?

You have to compare typical hash rates since the algorithms are different.

Convert to some normalized unit like CPUs (standard desktop CPU) or GPUs (typical miner GPU) and then compare. However, it is rumored that FPGAs are used for DRK, so even this comparison is questionable.

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

Sorry, but bump  Huh

That would be 600 per block, something is clearly wrong with monerochain's dataset:)

Edit: apologies, I thought that was number of transactions, it's bed time for me!
xa4
Activity: 71
Does someone know how to compare hashing power between different networks.  What's the hashing power of Darkcoin and blackcoin for example, and how big are they in terms of mining investment compared to monero ?

EDIT : didn't see blackcoin is POS until now.
Darkcoin hashing power is 82000 MH, so multiplying with a 1000 to compare monero and darkcoin good comparison ?
legendary

Sorry, but bump  Huh
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
I am probably >35% of the volume on hitBTC the last few days, but that red candle was not me.  I am the green ones right after that. Wink
Activity: 350
Merit: 254

Good for you, people. Wanted to ask though, what’s up with that candlestick acting so strange? Is that a single deal? Someone stocking on Monero?

My money’s on single deal. Hitbtc seems trustworthy enough do conduct such a transaction without fearing for your money’s security. I’d choose it myself, would I be in trader’s shoes.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131

The volume is really impressive.
A dump is impossible right now. The market absorb everything.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Carpe Diem
Hey everyone! We seem to get much more deals in Monero recently, and a lot of that must’ve come from you.

We wanted to thank you for placing your invaluable trust in our exchange and for the volume you’ve creating. It’s a win-win situation for everyone involved, as the resulting liquidity helps both us and the traders to keep carrying on.

We hope it will all go uphill from here!

With sincere gratitude, the Hitbtc team.

Good for you, people. Wanted to ask though, what’s up with that candlestick acting so strange? Is that a single deal? Someone stocking on Monero?

legendary

Activity: 734
Merit: 500
Can someone help me to set up monero on a mac?
Intried the Linux Instructions, but there is a "BOOST_ROOT" and something missing?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Hey everyone! We seem to get much more deals in Monero recently, and a lot of that must’ve come from you.

We wanted to thank you for placing your invaluable trust in our exchange and for the volume you’ve creating. It’s a win-win situation for everyone involved, as the resulting liquidity helps both us and the traders to keep carrying on.

https://i.imgur.com/efqeboS.png

Congrats to you, guys! I'm glad that you're doing well.

double that, good to see monero being traded so actively.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

https://i.imgur.com/efqeboS.png

Congrats to you, guys! I'm glad that you're doing well.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

"
The new rules would be required for Bitcoin exchanges and for companies that secure, store or maintain custody or control of the virtual currency on behalf of customers. Merchants that accept Bitcoin for payment, like Overstock.com, would not need to apply for a license.
"

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/07/17/lawsky-proposes-first-state-regulations-for-bitcoin/

So as I've understood, this is not a threat to BTC, because main opportunity for BTC's economics is not speculation/trading, but free right to sell goods, accepting BTC, without lisence.

Huh

The new laws states that you will need to keep track of everyone's identities tied to an address if they are using Bitcoin, therefore abolishing Bitcoin's "anonymity"....It is a huge threat to BTC.

Can you please prove by a web link, that "you will need to keep track of everyone's identities tied to an address if they are using Bitcoin"?

Please observe that the regulations are only applicable to the State of New York.

Somebody has to be first. Smiley
Activity: 525
Merit: 250

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
We're traded there: https://www.melotic.com/markets/xmr-btc

Did you guys know? 50 btc volume atm.

Is this exchange known? Never heard about it.

I asked that 10 pages ago, got no reply. They seem to be brand new, how they are getting the 2nd most volume of all exchanges is sorta strange.

Their certificate was issued a week ago, everything is as anonymous as possible, and "volume" can be faked, too.
I wouldn't trust many satoshis for them right now.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas

"
The new rules would be required for Bitcoin exchanges and for companies that secure, store or maintain custody or control of the virtual currency on behalf of customers. Merchants that accept Bitcoin for payment, like Overstock.com, would not need to apply for a license.
"

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/07/17/lawsky-proposes-first-state-regulations-for-bitcoin/

So as I've understood, this is not a threat to BTC, because main opportunity for BTC's economics is not speculation/trading, but free right to sell goods, accepting BTC, without lisence.

Huh

The new laws states that you will need to keep track of everyone's identities tied to an address if they are using Bitcoin, therefore abolishing Bitcoin's "anonymity"....It is a huge threat to BTC.

Can you please prove by a web link, that "you will need to keep track of everyone's identities tied to an address if they are using Bitcoin"?

Please observe that the regulations are only applicable to the State of New York.
Activity: 119

"
"

Huh

Jump to: