Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1627. (Read 4670622 times)

Activity: 723
Merit: 503
We're traded there: https://www.melotic.com/markets/xmr-btc

Did you guys know? 50 btc volume atm.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
That's why I registered on this forum board. I use Win8. Thank you. Help me to start with XMR, please.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/monero-support-652305

It could be good to try to redirect people to Monero support. Of course, it means there must be people reading it and people reminding newcomers to post there.
Activity: 148
Merit: 10
Omg it's verry easy, but I have to admit that I had some problems with the wallet at the beginning:
How to use Monero for dummies:
1) Download and extract all files to one folder
2) Run bit monerod ( I had to wait 10 hours to sync! So be patient) [ after sync write " save" to save the blockchain info ]  
3) When you are synchrinised with the network run/ create the wallet [ dont close monerod ]
4) What to write in order to tranfer money you will find here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/monero-support-652305
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
All the links with instructions you gave to me did not provide me with all the necessary information.
What about this one:
Hi guys!
I got acquainted to use bitcoins and to trade them at different exchanges. But I see, XMR is growing up for now. So I would like to use this currency.
I'm not a tech guru, so I have some problems.
While using Bitcoins, I got acquainted to Blockchain wallet. Sure, it doesn't support XMR. So I had to create a new one.
So, I read getting started: http://monero.cc/getting-started/#wallet
And looked through this thread. Sorry it is too big to go through all of it.
In getting started is written:
Create a wallet with this command line.
cd ~/bitmonero/build/release/src && ./simplewallet --generate-new-wallet wallet.bin

I'm trying, but nothing goes.

That's why I registered on this forum board. I use Win8. Thank you. Help me to start with XMR, please.

Here are some more short instructions:

A) If you prefer a GUI wallet you could use the non official Windows GUI wallet from the OP (first post in this thread).

B) If you could handle the command line wallet (it's easy - just try it) here are short instructions:

1) Download the Windows 64 bit binaries from the OP (first post in this thread)
2) Extract it in folder of your choice (for example D:\XMR)
3) Create a new file named runXMR.bat file with this commands in it:
Code:
@echo off

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq bitmonerod.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "bitmonerod.exe">NUL
if not %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 (
  echo Starting node...
  start /MIN bitmonerod.exe --seed-node 62.210.78.186:18080 --seed-node 195.12.60.154:18080 --seed-node 54.241.246.125:18080 --seed-node 107.170.157.169:18080 --seed-node 54.207.112.216:18080 --seed-node 78.27.112.54:18080 --seed-node 209.222.30.57:18080 --seed-node 80.71.13.55:18080 --seed-node 107.178.112.126:18080
) else (
  echo Node already started.
)

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq simplewallet.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "simplewallet.exe">NUL
  if exist wallet.bin.keys (
    echo Starting previous wallet...
    start simplewallet.exe --wallet wallet.bin
  ) else (
    echo Starting new wallet...
    start simplewallet.exe --generate-new-wallet wallet.bin
  )
) else (
  echo Wallet already started.
)
5) [optional] For fast synchronization with the network:
 a.) Download the win 64x blockchain from the OP
 b.) Create %APPDATA%\bitmonero folder and place the blockchain there

4) Double click the runXMR.bat file you've just created - this will open both the daemon (it'll start sync) and the wallet (on first run it'll create the wallet and ask you for a password just once).
5) Write down the 24 words it gives you - with those you'll be able to recover the wallet without knowing the password (you could use copy/paste). Keep it safe.
6) Quit the wallet with 'q' and enter and run the runXMR.bat file again - type your password to decrypt the wallet and you'll be sure you know the right password.
7) BACKUP your wallet (there will be 3 files - wallet.bin, wallet.bin.keys and wallet.bin.address.txt, but the most important file is the .keys file)
Cool After the daemon sync enter 'refresh' in the wallet.

You could use 'help' in both daemon (bitmonerod) and simplewallet to see all the commands but 'refresh' and 'q' ('exit') are the most used (also 'transfer' obviously).

EDIT: Lol Smiley Everybody want to help Smiley
I'm so close to understand the TRUTH. I think, I'll start my wallet soon.........
I'll be back in several hours and write on my thoughts and first experience. Thanks... and I'll be back!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/monero-support-652305
It helped me a lot, I learnt how to sync and send money Cheesy
I'm happy to see new people around here Smiley
Activity: 11
Monero is still in flying!!!
Hey! What u mean? I just try to understand how to start using this coin. It's not so easy, so I need some help. Thanks for some guys who try to help me. If you do not want to see my messages, just ignore me, what is the problem?

That wasn't directed at you, sorry about that - read my whole post:) I was quoting you to prove that a DLL isn't in the binary package.
Ah. Sorry, I did not understand you than. That dll is isn't in that package.
Why not to create two packages on the site: with dll and without? It would be much easier for new users.
Also you need a good FAQ for new users.

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
All the links with instructions you gave to me did not provide me with all the necessary information.
What about this one:
Hi guys!
I got acquainted to use bitcoins and to trade them at different exchanges. But I see, XMR is growing up for now. So I would like to use this currency.
I'm not a tech guru, so I have some problems.
While using Bitcoins, I got acquainted to Blockchain wallet. Sure, it doesn't support XMR. So I had to create a new one.
So, I read getting started: http://monero.cc/getting-started/#wallet
And looked through this thread. Sorry it is too big to go through all of it.
In getting started is written:
Create a wallet with this command line.
cd ~/bitmonero/build/release/src && ./simplewallet --generate-new-wallet wallet.bin

I'm trying, but nothing goes.

Here are some more short instructions:

A) If you prefer a GUI wallet you could use the non official Windows GUI wallet from the OP (first post in this thread).

B) If you could handle the command line wallet (it's easy - just try it) here are short instructions:

1) Download the Windows 64 bit binaries from the OP (first post in this thread)
2) Extract it in folder of your choice (for example D:\XMR)
3) Create a new file named runXMR.bat file with this commands in it:
Code:
@echo off

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq bitmonerod.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "bitmonerod.exe">NUL
  echo Starting node...
  start /MIN bitmonerod.exe --seed-node 62.210.78.186:18080 --seed-node 195.12.60.154:18080 --seed-node 54.241.246.125:18080 --seed-node 107.170.157.169:18080 --seed-node 54.207.112.216:18080 --seed-node 78.27.112.54:18080 --seed-node 209.222.30.57:18080 --seed-node 80.71.13.55:18080 --seed-node 107.178.112.126:18080
) else (
  echo Node already started.
)

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq simplewallet.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "simplewallet.exe">NUL
  if exist wallet.bin.keys (
    echo Starting previous wallet...
    start simplewallet.exe --wallet wallet.bin
  ) else (
    echo Starting new wallet...
    start simplewallet.exe --generate-new-wallet wallet.bin
  )
) else (
  echo Wallet already started.
)
5) [optional] For fast synchronization with the network:
 a.) Download the win 64x blockchain from the OP
 b.) Create %APPDATA%\bitmonero folder and place the blockchain there

4) Double click the runXMR.bat file you've just created - this will open both the daemon (it'll start sync) and the wallet (on first run it'll create the wallet and ask you for a password just once).
5) Write down the 24 words it gives you - with those you'll be able to recover the wallet without knowing the password (you could use copy/paste). Keep it safe.
6) Quit the wallet with 'q' and enter and run the runXMR.bat file again - type your password to decrypt the wallet and you'll be sure you know the right password.
7) BACKUP your wallet (there will be 3 files - wallet.bin, wallet.bin.keys and wallet.bin.address.txt, but the most important file is the .keys file)
Cool After the daemon sync enter 'refresh' in the wallet.

You could use 'help' in both daemon (bitmonerod) and simplewallet to see all the commands but 'refresh' and 'q' ('exit') are the most used (also 'transfer' obviously).

EDIT: Lol Smiley Everybody want to help Smiley
Dont feed the troll Cheesy
Activity: 798
When is starts synch - I have to wait, while it finishes it, yes?
How much time it takes really?

Did you download one of the blockchains from the OP so that you dont have to sync as much?
No, I can't understand where to download it.

http://monero.cc/downloads/blockchain/win/blockchain.bin

Then place in %appdata%\bitmonero
Ok. After I download it and place it into a folder, I'll have to restart process? It means, I'll have to run .bat file again?

Yes, exit simplewallet and bitmonerod if they are open and restart once you have placed the blockchain in the correct place.
Ok, thank you! I appreciate your help. But, I have to notice, that there are too few information in the internet. All the links with instructions you gave to me did not provide me with all the necessary information.

All the information I gave you is in the Monero FAQ thread and also in the getting started section of https://monero.cc Smiley
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
I don't want to be polite to them. I'm saying the truth. Monero devs are incompetent and what they’re best in is their copy-paste code writing method.

So where are we copy-pasting from? Are the CryptoNote whitepaper annotations and the whitepaper review copy-pasted from somewhere as well?
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Hey! What u mean? I just try to understand how to start using this coin. It's not so easy, so I need some help. Thanks for some guys who try to help me. If you do not want to see my messages, just ignore me, what is the problem?

That wasn't directed at you, sorry about that - read my whole post:) I was quoting you to prove that a DLL isn't in the binary package.

Did you download one of the blockchains from the OP so that you dont have to sync as much?

Ok. After I download it and place it into a folder, I'll have to restart process? It means, I'll have to run .bat file again?

Yes, exit simplewallet and bitmonerod if they are open and restart once you have placed the blockchain in the correct place.
Ok, thank you! I appreciate your help. But, I have to notice, that there are too few information in the internet. All the links with instructions you gave to me did not provide me with all the necessary information.
Activity: 91
I told you already – the coin is hopeless! By mining it, you may damage your PC and support a bunch of scammers.

It sounds silly and unfounded.
I know that haters gonna hate, but we should be more polite.

I don't want to be polite to them. I'm saying the truth. Monero devs are incompetent and what they’re best in is their copy-paste code writing method.

I downloaded this one:
http://monero.cc/downloads/monero.win.x64.latest.zip

Here I have files:
- bitmonerod.exe
- connectivity_tool.exe
- simpleminer.exe
- simplewallet.exe

That file you linked is from this thread where he confirms it as being xptMiner, which is for mining Riecoin.

Seriously, go troll elsewhere you two.

Activity: 83
I told you already – the coin is hopeless! By mining it, you may damage your PC and support a bunch of scammers.

It sounds silly and unfounded.
I know that haters gonna hate, but we should be more polite.

Trolls ! Good sign , we will reach 0.01 soon Cheesy
Diff is rising so fast Sad

True, better go on the best pool to mine : monero.crypto-pool.fr

I'm mining there Cheesy and you are right as far as i tested the others, your pool is the best at the moment , the most precice etc.
Activity: 798

Activity: 91
Jump to: