Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1626. (Read 4670622 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I doubt that we see prices north from 0.01 in this rally, that said I guess we never see <0,0025 again.
Same here.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
The new laws states that you will need to keep track of everyone's identities tied to an address if they are using Bitcoin, therefore abolishing Bitcoin's "anonymity"....It is a huge threat to BTC.

Bitcoin was NEVER anonymous. Transactions happen ONLINE. Enough said.

I know, thats why I used quotations marked around anonymity. With those new laws coming in place at the end of 2014 however, Bitcoin wont be any less private than using Paypal or something, in fact itll actually be less private than that, since everyone would be able to see your transactions.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
The new laws states that you will need to keep track of everyone's identities tied to an address if they are using Bitcoin, therefore abolishing Bitcoin's "anonymity"....It is a huge threat to BTC.

Bitcoin was NEVER anonymous. Transactions happen ONLINE. Enough said.
Activity: 770

Indeed. When i first heard about btc years ago, the supposed 'anonymity' is what drew me in. Now that it's pretty much known that there's no privacy at all (in fact the opposite) without jumping through massive hoops, i really have no use for it (besides speculation/trading). It's just a matter of time that btc gets co-opted by the State, you already see on this forum the sheep jumping for joy over the Lawsky proposal.

What do you want to say? Conclusion?

"
The new rules would be required for Bitcoin exchanges and for companies that secure, store or maintain custody or control of the virtual currency on behalf of customers. Merchants that accept Bitcoin for payment, like Overstock.com, would not need to apply for a license.
"

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/07/17/lawsky-proposes-first-state-regulations-for-bitcoin/

So as I've understood, this is not a threat to BTC, because main opportunity for BTC's economics is not speculation/trading, but free right to sell goods, accepting BTC, without lisence.

Huh

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

Indeed. When i first heard about btc years ago, the supposed 'anonymity' is what drew me in. Now that it's pretty much known that there's no privacy at all (in fact the opposite) without jumping through massive hoops, i really have no use for it (besides speculation/trading). It's just a matter of time that btc gets co-opted by the State, you already see on this forum the sheep jumping for joy over the Lawsky proposal.

What do you want to say? Conclusion?

"
The new rules would be required for Bitcoin exchanges and for companies that secure, store or maintain custody or control of the virtual currency on behalf of customers. Merchants that accept Bitcoin for payment, like Overstock.com, would not need to apply for a license.
"

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/07/17/lawsky-proposes-first-state-regulations-for-bitcoin/

So as I've understood, this is not a threat to BTC, because main opportunity for BTC's economics is not speculation/trading, but free right to sell goods, accepting BTC, without lisence.
Activity: 502
Merit: 251

Activity: 658
Polionex updates their logo and XMR takes off.  Coincidence?
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
Hello, I am new to Monero.
I wonder two things:

1 - It is normal to consume so much memory:

I called the "start_mining 6" command by simplewallet

2 - If I want to develop a client for Monero, just make a call RPC over port 1881?
Where can I find some documentation about this, with the parameters?

I'm developer  and thought about using Flex / AIR and think it's pretty easy to make an interface because it is cross platform and easy to make the location for many languages and easy installers. If only make RPC calls to core.

Thanks
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
We're traded there: https://www.melotic.com/markets/xmr-btc

Did you guys know? 50 btc volume atm.

Is this exchange known? Never heard about it.

I asked that 10 pages ago, got no reply. They seem to be brand new, how they are getting the 2nd most volume of all exchanges is sorta strange.
As far as I know they are based in Hong Kong. I made a few deposits and withdraws few days ago and it worked for me.
Activity: 502
Merit: 251

I asked that 10 pages ago, got no reply. They seem to be brand new, how they are getting the 2nd most volume of all exchanges is sorta strange.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
a new pool

http://xmr.poolpool.pl

Nick of Manager on IRC: poolpoolpl

Fees 0.9%

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
Activity: 24
Any devs here?
I can't get the new rpcwallet to return anything, no matter what I query it's always this

HTTP/1.1 404 Not found
Server: Epee-based
Content-Length: 0
Content-Type: text/plain
Last-Modified: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 14:59:59 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes

Got the list of RPC methods from here, none seem to return anything

BEGIN_URI_MAP2()
      BEGIN_JSON_RPC_MAP("/json_rpc")
        MAP_JON_RPC_WE("getbalance", on_getbalance, wallet_rpc::COMMAND_RPC_GET_BALANCE)
        MAP_JON_RPC_WE("getaddress", on_getaddress, wallet_rpc::COMMAND_RPC_GET_ADDRESS)
        MAP_JON_RPC_WE("transfer", on_transfer, wallet_rpc::COMMAND_RPC_TRANSFER)
        MAP_JON_RPC_WE("transfer_split", on_transfer_split, wallet_rpc::COMMAND_RPC_TRANSFER_SPLIT)
        MAP_JON_RPC_WE("store", on_store, wallet_rpc::COMMAND_RPC_STORE)
        MAP_JON_RPC_WE("get_payments", on_get_payments, wallet_rpc::COMMAND_RPC_GET_PAYMENTS)
        MAP_JON_RPC_WE("incoming_transfers", on_incoming_transfers, wallet_rpc::COMMAND_RPC_INCOMING_TRANSFERS)
      END_JSON_RPC_MAP()
    END_URI_MAP2()

Your best bet is to hop on to #monero-dev on Freenode and ask about it, but off the top of my head: make sure you're querying http://127.0.0.1:9005/json_rpc (unless you've changed the port), and make sure it's well-formed JSON RPC API 2.0 calls. getbalance / getaddress are probably the easiest, as they don't have any optional arguments (JSON RPC API parameters).

/json_rpc
Missed the obvious. Thanks a lot!
Activity: 301
Merit: 250
Monero is still in flying!!!

Why people dumping now??
It was doing so good. Almost @ 60.
I guess another time.
Hold Fools, Hold.  Grin
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Any devs here?
I can't get the new rpcwallet to return anything, no matter what I query it's always this

HTTP/1.1 404 Not found

BEGIN_URI_MAP2()
        MAP_JON_RPC_WE("getbalance", on_getbalance, wallet_rpc::COMMAND_RPC_GET_BALANCE)
        MAP_JON_RPC_WE("getaddress", on_getaddress, wallet_rpc::COMMAND_RPC_GET_ADDRESS)
        MAP_JON_RPC_WE("transfer_split", on_transfer_split, wallet_rpc::COMMAND_RPC_TRANSFER_SPLIT)
        MAP_JON_RPC_WE("get_payments", on_get_payments, wallet_rpc::COMMAND_RPC_GET_PAYMENTS)
        MAP_JON_RPC_WE("incoming_transfers", on_incoming_transfers, wallet_rpc::COMMAND_RPC_INCOMING_TRANSFERS)
      END_JSON_RPC_MAP()
    END_URI_MAP2()

Your best bet is to hop on to #monero-dev on Freenode and ask about it, but off the top of my head: make sure you're querying http://127.0.0.1:9005/json_rpc (unless you've changed the port), and make sure it's well-formed JSON RPC API 2.0 calls. getbalance / getaddress are probably the easiest, as they don't have any optional arguments (JSON RPC API parameters).
Activity: 24
Any devs here?

HTTP/1.1 404 Not found

BEGIN_URI_MAP2()
      END_JSON_RPC_MAP()
    END_URI_MAP2()
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Ah. Sorry, I did not understand you than. That dll is isn't in that package.
Why not to create two packages on the site: with dll and without? It would be much easier for new users.
Also you need a good FAQ for new users.

The dll file has nothing to do with Monero.  The guys talking about the dll file are intentionally trying to cause fear, uncertainty and doubt.
Jump to: