Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1676. (Read 4670614 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
hi all. sorry for my english Grin
I am mining on moneropool.com. During the day, pool has sent me in the wallet 1 XMR, but the purse they still did not come.

Check that your bitmonerod is fully sync'ed, and hit 'refresh' on the wallet. If the transaction has gone through, it should come up after a wallet refresh (which is currently a manual process if you tend to keep the wallet open).

Cheers,
~ Myagui
I'm donwload monero client.net. Fully sync with blockchain, but my balance 0xmr.
Activity: 51

welcome to our pool - http://xmr.prohash.net

stable payments
Dedicated server in the Netherlands
The low percentage - Fee: 0.5%

minerd -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://xmr.prohash.net/:7777 -u YOUR_ADDRESS -p x
Activity: 7
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
The seed isn't in the log, we removed that ages ago:)

I believe I created my wallet about a little over a month ago.  I deleted my log file 2 days ago and the seed was there.

I don't want to be Barbie, I want to be stronger than Ken Cool

LOL - my wife thinks her top is awesome, I just smile and wave:)

If you used the binary / code from when we first released the mnemonic seed then it would be in the log, we updated it within a few days to fix Windows issues (stemming from VS2012 not supporting a specific C++ feature, so we had to switch to VS2013) and to use STDOUT instead of the normal log writer for the seed.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
The seed phrase suffices to recover a wallet.  Remember to delete simplewallet.log once you have recorded it.

I think the devs should emphatically warn about this, it can be a huge security risk.

The seed isn't in the log, we removed that ages ago:)

I believe I created my wallet about a little over a month ago.  I deleted my log file 2 days ago and the seed was there.

I don't want to be Barbie, I want to be stronger than Ken Cool
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Hitbtc - I have a couple of suggestions for you, small but important for me at least.
1) It would be great if you could set the trading page to automatically display in the currency pair you use the most instead of USD/BTC.
2) Fees - at the moment there's no breakdown of transaction fees given at the point of transaction, or info as to when fees are deducted. It would be helpful to have this kind of information more up-front so people aren't shooting in the dark.

Hope that's helpful.

Thanks for your reply. We will report on your suggestions to our developers.
We will inform you about any updates

I'd also like to suggest some ideas:
1) A depth chart would be really helpful when trading
2) Also trailing stop or atleast stop loss would be really nice
3) Another important thing is a list of all trades made with a particular trading-pair - not just from me

Thanks
Activity: 525
Hitbtc - I have a couple of suggestions for you, small but important for me at least.
1) It would be great if you could set the trading page to automatically display in the currency pair you use the most instead of USD/BTC.
2) Fees - at the moment there's no breakdown of transaction fees given at the point of transaction, or info as to when fees are deducted. It would be helpful to have this kind of information more up-front so people aren't shooting in the dark.

Hope that's helpful.

Thanks for your reply. We will report on your suggestions to our developers.
We will inform you about any updates
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
i have been out of monero mining for a while due to a move.
1. in the op there is no multiminer link. does this still work.
2. is multi miner still the same as lucas zone11 miner
3. why is wolf miner linked is it much better than lucas miner (if it is multiminer)
4. any solo miners left? not cloud miners mind you. just a guy or gal with a computer random town usa.
5. with 100/s what is the time frame a solo miner can expect to find a block now using simpleminer
6. with CN now producing a reference code coin. Does this pose a threat to monero. not their reference code coin but others launching with what is now fairly known technology and therefore launched to a broader base than those of us who found bitmonero in its early days.

thanks.

1-3) Wolfs miner is considered the fastest atm, it is an improved fork of Lucas' miner.
4-5) people are still still solomining but with considerably more than 100 h/s. If thats all you have you would be better on a pool but don't expect to make too much.
6) Its debateable but the essence is that their reference coin is just that, an implementation allowing any noob to fill in the variables and have their own CN coin. However, if a dev does not have the knowledge to fork without a holding hand method do you really expect them to be able to maintain a coin and also make it better than XMR ? I doubt it, the reference code imo is the CN team shooting themselves in the foot by giving people the tools to create lots of crappy implementations of their technology.

htank you for reponse.
for education perposes then, perhapse if I could be educated regarding how long to find a block given 100 h/s. I use this number as reference only. I know lots of people are solo mining, but using cloud mining.

again, thanks.

Its hard to say but at a guess;

At the current difficulty(which could go up or down) 100h/s gets around .2 XMR a day, current block reward is around 15.8 so 15.8/.2 = ~79 days.
Activity: 87
3. why is wolf miner linked is it much better than lucas miner (if it is multiminer)
4. any solo miners left? not cloud miners mind you. just a guy or gal with a computer random town usa.
5. with 100/s what is the time frame a solo miner can expect to find a block now using simpleminer
6. with CN now producing a reference code coin. Does this pose a threat to monero. not their reference code coin but others launching with what is now fairly known technology and therefore launched to a broader base than those of us who found bitmonero in its early days.

thanks.

1-3) Wolfs miner is considered the fastest atm, it is an improved fork of Lucas' miner.
4-5) people are still still solomining but with considerably more than 100 h/s. If thats all you have you would be better on a pool but don't expect to make too much.
6) Its debateable but the essence is that their reference coin is just that, an implementation allowing any noob to fill in the variables and have their own CN coin. However, if a dev does not have the knowledge to fork without a holding hand method do you really expect them to be able to maintain a coin and also make it better than XMR ? I doubt it, the reference code imo is the CN team shooting themselves in the foot by giving people the tools to create lots of crappy implementations of their technology.

htank you for reponse.
for education perposes then, perhapse if I could be educated regarding how long to find a block given 100 h/s. I use this number as reference only. I know lots of people are solo mining, but using cloud mining.

again, thanks.

Current network hashrate is 11.62 MH/s, which is 11.62 x 10^6 H/s or 11620000 H/s.

100 H/s divided by 11.62 MH/s = 0.0000086, which is the fraction of blocks you will find with 100 H/s.

Given there is one block every minute on average, that gives 24 x 60 blocks per day = 1440 blocks per day.

Multiply 1440 by 0.0000086 to get the number of blocks you'll find a day, on average, which is 0.0124.

Divide 1 by 0.0124 to get the number of days it should take you to find a block. In this case, it will take you (on average) 80 days to find a block worth 15.7 XMR while solomining.

Your best bet currently is to use a pool where you'll be able to mine approximately 0.19 XMR per day.
Activity: 196

thanks.

htank you for reponse.

again, thanks.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Carpe Diem

Hope that's helpful.
Activity: 243
Merit: 125

thanks.

I reply what I know.

I've discussed myself with Cryptonote team a week ago about their motives.

Their sincerity is proven if the folowing sites have correct SSL certificates:

https://forum.cryptonote.org/
https://cryptonotestarter.org/

I do observe a progress, since

https://cryptonotestarter.org/

has correct SSL certificate now. We just wait for their forum.

Finally, I think they are honest, but made few errors in Cryptonote promoting.

I see no treat from Cryptonote team to Monero coin.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

thanks.

legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
I am mining on moneropool.com. During the day, pool has sent me in the wallet 1 XMR, but the purse they still did not come.

Check that your bitmonerod is fully sync'ed, and hit 'refresh' on the wallet. If the transaction has gone through, it should come up after a wallet refresh (which is currently a manual process if you tend to keep the wallet open).

Cheers,
~ Myagui
Activity: 14
Activity: 196

thanks.
Activity: 294
if you guys want to follow Jojatekok's gui client, the thread is here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7750605

its a lovely client based on the bitcoin-qt client.

screenshots

Jump to: