Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1674. (Read 4670614 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 100
Maybe it's a good idea to reupload blockchain to somewhat different than MegaUpload. They start to force some extension to download something that more than 1 gb.

And looks like possibility to use monero as is on 64 bit windows with 4 GB RAM will be over very soon. For some reason blockchain from OP always looks like not so big as when I synchronize it myself. So it's my last chance to get rid from XMR.

Actually, it's serious problem. My grammar is big problem too I guess.
Activity: 565
Merit: 500
XYZ PUMP AND DUMP is headed for .006 BTC !

Thats not how you promote a coin Wink
Bagholder much ?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053
Free spirit
Following this Monero post.

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
In regards to the question of payment id's leaking information.

What if, instead of the sender generating a 1 time address from the recievers public key, the receiver generated a 1 time address and sent it to the sender, then the sender sent the transaction to that 1 time address.

Along those same lines, but solving some problems that may arise from the previous proposal, what if instead of one side generating a single nonce, each side generated their own nonce, shared them with each other, then the sender concatenated both nonces to use to generate the 1 time address to be used in the payment. the receiver would only need to scan the block chain with his own single key, and when identifying a payment would be able to identify who had sent it by the 1 time address they agreed upon.

Try not to take this idea too literally, its not the specifics that matter, but rather the GENERAL idea.

Even simpler: Single-use addresses are already created at the time of transaction (for stealth addressing). Would it not be possible to create single-use receiving addresses on-the-fly based on your wallet address?

Yes i think it would. Though, as the receiver, you would need to send a bundle of them to the sender. Not hard though.
Activity: 795
Merit: 514

What if, instead of the sender generating a 1 time address from the recievers public key, the receiver generated a 1 time address and sent it to the sender, then the sender sent the transaction to that 1 time address.

Along those same lines, but solving some problems that may arise from the previous proposal, what if instead of one side generating a single nonce, each side generated their own nonce, shared them with each other, then the sender concatenated both nonces to use to generate the 1 time address to be used in the payment. the receiver would only need to scan the block chain with his own single key, and when identifying a payment would be able to identify who had sent it by the 1 time address they agreed upon.

Try not to take this idea too literally, its not the specifics that matter, but rather the GENERAL idea.

Even simpler: Single-use addresses are already created at the time of transaction (for stealth addressing). Would it not be possible to create single-use receiving addresses on-the-fly based on your wallet address?
Activity: 478
Merit: 250

What did they do that was scandalous?

Actually they did NOT. Did not remove link to 32-bit binary Monero executabes from 1st sticky page of this thread.
Did not make sticky FAQ about typical end-user frustrations.
DId not fix html markup errors at official site.
Did not accept help except develope-related one.

But they DID promise! I want to believe ... (c)

Smiley

JESUS! ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS!? SELLING EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW!

I've marked a humor sign Smiley Do not behave yourself as XC adopters Smiley

Sure Monero devs have their own motives for that...

Hi Btell. I own a good amount of Monero and a good amount of XC. Please stop posting stupid things in the XC thread and making fun of XC adopters. Thank you
legendary

Try not to take this idea too literally, its not the specifics that matter, but rather the general idea.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Extreme Pool
http://www.extremepool.org

We offer a Pool for every Cryptonote Coin
Features:
•Fast Payouts directly to your private wallet.
•Address Validation
•Latest pool code from Zone117x
•Variable Difficulty based on your individual CPU performance
•Verified Secure
•Servers hosted in our own Data Center, not hosted by an online 3rd party provider
•Servers secured with enterprise firewalls

Come mine with us!

http://www.extremepool.org
http://mro.extremepool.org
Activity: 93
Merit: 10

Actually they did NOT. Did not remove link to 32-bit binary Monero executabes from 1st sticky page of this thread.

Smiley

The new website is about to roll out in the next days and then we will create a proper FAQ, pool list and getting started page

Activity: 119

Smiley

legendary

Smiley

Activity: 119

Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
I *hate* to say this, and I *hate* them, but getting trolls is a sign of success.
Be prepared for a tsunami of trolls here faster than we expect.

I think there's been trolls here for a month now...

Sadly troll quantity correlates posivitely with how much the other coins are hurted and how much there supporters feel the need to come here and try to undermine Monero with BS.
Middle-term, the hurted (alt)coins could be all of them. Short-term, a subset ("anonymous" ones; quotes on purpose) will be left in dust, you know which ones.
Activity: 532
I *hate* to say this, and I *hate* them, but getting trolls is a sign of success.

They are all Bytecoin/Cryptonote fake accounts, they prolly dont like that they dont control us.
Below is some proof against their fake account usage - the best is to simply ingore them, its not worth messing with.

I think you're wrong here. Even CryptoNote developers said the BCN team exists since 2012 (https://forum.cryptonote.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11&start=10).
And have you seen my research of BCN blockchain?  Have a look: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7467098 . A lot of people used Bytecoin from the beggining! 

For sure Bytecoin devs have a lot of coin, but gossips about the 80% in their hands are ridiculous.   

Hey fuckface - again, we're not stupid. You're using AN ACCOUNT YOU BOUGHT.

Reference: https://bitcointa.lk/threads/repaid-i-want-to-short-20btc-until-january.67496/#post-1142765 (reference to flower1024's domain / site)

Note on that domain: http://k1024.de/accountsold.txt

"bitcointalk account flower1024 sold. new account name: onemorebtc"

You're just digging yourself a hole that is deeper and deeper.
legendary
great video presentation!!
Thanks

Thank you for this nice unbiased and objective summary of XMR.  Great for sharing with new friends.
Thanks

Did you create this presentation?
Yes

Thanks for uploading!

=====================================

Here is the powerpoint presentation: https://mega.co.nz/#!t1FnVALT!d4zY91WdyLaqiTJMj23c5hFCn8Jr4-kRbgaODmsF1dk

Here is the script: https://mega.co.nz/#!c4dVVKyZ!D8hrLln2Ruvo8ayVKN4pnEKd0GmXQuv2xucLO_44-uM

Presentation & script is for educational purposes. Anyone is free to edit or change it, or use it as they wish. Not responsible for what anyone does with it.

would you like a small donation?
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"

I think there's been trolls here for a month now...
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
Isn't it Odd, that 5 accounts post relatively 3-6 minutes apart, each with relatively the same amount of activity(20-30), each quoting the other account's obvious Lie, and then proposing their own Lie?

That strikes me as odd...oh wait, they're sockpuppet accounts owned by one person. DUH -smacks head-

Why do you think so? Open your mind,please!

If people support the idea which you don't like, it doesn't mean that it is a "conspiracy"

People didnt look like they supported anything except circlejerking and coordinated monero fud really Smiley

Open your mind!

Activity: 770
Isn't it Odd, that 5 accounts post relatively 3-6 minutes apart, each with relatively the same amount of activity(20-30), each quoting the other account's obvious Lie, and then proposing their own Lie?

That strikes me as odd...oh wait, they're sockpuppet accounts owned by one person. DUH -smacks head-

Why do you think so? Open your mind,please!

If people support the idea which you don't like, it doesn't mean that it is a "conspiracy"

No, it's because you and 4 others post within a few minutes of each other, and the thing is, you're posting obvious lies.

https://twitter.com/hitbtc/status/486890491527823360, read that so your bullshit about hitbtc ends

And the code is opensource, XMR has over 80 changes to the codebase by the devs.

Jump to: