Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1709. (Read 4670614 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
For those concerned with all the pools cutting Claymores fee and Claymores miner in general I have already started a project with a "well known" dev to create a Open Source GPU miner which "might" be released in a week or two as per the dev.

This is going to cost me , but I think it will be good for the community in general and after its revealed (+ the very talented dev aswell if he wants to) we can level out the playing field.

Those that would like to contribute to the fund after development or for further development are welcome as soon as we have a matching or better version than Claymores without any hidden or % fees.

For the times being we will have to sit tight on Claymores Gpu miner.

+1

So post an address for donations, please.  A fresh one, with a view key.

Activity: 565
Merit: 500
For those concerned with all the pools cutting Claymores fee and Claymores miner in general I have already started a project with a "well known" dev to create a Open Source GPU miner which "might" be released in a week or two as per the dev.

This is going to cost me , but I think it will be good for the community in general and after its revealed (+ the very talented dev aswell if he wants to) we can level out the playing field.

Those that would like to contribute to the fund after development or for further development are welcome as soon as we have a matching or better version than Claymores without any hidden or % fees.

For the times being we will have to sit tight on Claymores Gpu miner.

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Just a thought... Are you running multiple keyboard (language) layouts in Windows? Is it possible that you might have entered the password using one keyboard layout, and are now using another one i.e. having a separate English and your particular language keyboard layouts?

its a good thought as i hadnt thought of it.... im not too sure if i am running multile keybord languages, how could i check this??

it is very possible to be honest... how would i be able to sort this if this is the case??

thanks dude much appreciated

[I truncated the previous conversation so it does not take too much space]

The fact that you are asking me this probably means that you are running only one, but here is how you can check.

In Windows, go to Control Panel, and from there to Region and Language (this is true on Win7). From the dialog box that will appear click on the Keyboards and Language tab, and once there click on the Change Keyboards button. A new dialog box will appear. If on the list in the Installed Services frame you see a single keyboard format like US or whatever your input language is, then you do not need to worry multiple keyboard layouts, you only have one. If you have more than one in that list, then you can cycle through them with Left Alt + Shift once you cancel out of the all dialog boxes you just opened.

hey it was english uk only, thanks for the idea and have a good night
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
Do not use MinerRape

If you have "fixed everything" (paraphrased, not a direct quote), you must have already compensated all the miners that never received their mined coins.

If not, you are still guilty of miner rape.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1059
FROSTING
Also, I'm pretty sure minergate only allows you to mine with simpleminer, which is super slow compared to LucasJones or Wolf cpuminer.

No, you are not right, on Friday we implemented Wolf hash function in our miner (Minergate miner v2.08 https://minergate.com/downloads/gui) and now mining is very efficient!

Regards,
Minergate
legendary
FROSTING
Hey guys!

Welcome to our pool Minergate.com. We support mining of Monero and offer two reward models - PPS and PPLNS (you can choose suitable method for each currency individually).
Moreover, we have the lowest fees on the market (2% PPS, 1.5% PPLNS).
Enjoy the most profitable on our pool!

Regards,
Minergate.com
Enjoy the most profitable mining on our pool

Don't use Minergate. You will lose your coins. They won't pay. Its been a month and i have yet to receive my missing coins. They said they were "having issues with billing system" and have yet to restore my missing coins to my balance. They are focusing on adding new features rather than fixing their current system! Withdrawals will become buggy and you won't get your coins!
Very slow customer service. I have been sending emails requesting update on my case and i get nothing back.

TRUST ME, DON'T USE MINERGATE!

We finally fixed our billing and withdrawals work fine now.
Check it yourself.

Yeah the Withdrawals may work now but my balance still shows Monero 0.000000000000
I would like my missing coins back >>>
Ticket N808

We will check you ticket and get back to you

Hey guys!

Welcome to our pool Minergate.com. We support mining of Monero and offer two reward models - PPS and PPLNS (you can choose suitable method for each currency individually).

Regards,
Minergate.com

Don't use Minergate. You will lose your coins. They won't pay. Its been a month and i have yet to receive my missing coins. They said they were "having issues with billing system" and have yet to restore my missing coins to my balance. They are focusing on adding new features rather than fixing their current system! Withdrawals will become buggy and you won't get your coins!
Very slow customer service. I have been sending emails requesting update on my case and i get nothing back.

Check it yourself.

Yeah the Withdrawals may work now but my balance still shows Monero 0.000000000000
Ticket N808

Dear dbzenhosting,

I checked you account and the funds have been already returned to you balance.

Here is transaction hash https://minergate.com/blockchain/mro/transaction/37aa21ff5039dfd888f8e69252f696940e422e9b07009e46f6ccbfbca6d7afa1

Regards,
Minergate
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Also, I'm pretty sure minergate only allows you to mine with simpleminer, which is super slow compared to LucasJones or Wolf cpuminer.
legendary
FROSTING
Hey guys!

Regards,
Minergate.com

Check it yourself.

Ticket N808

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
"We all know what is actually happening" -- I must be wearing my stupid hat today, because it sounds to me like a pool threatening to take money mined to one address and redistribute it in a way other than what the standard pool contract and fee schedule indicates.  

"Threatening" is also scary language.  I will tell what I'm going to do.  I don't think it threatens anyone -- quite the contrary, I think it helps everyone.  I am going to take the Claymore miner, and change the developer fee address in the binary.  Then I will mine coins and 100% of the mined coins will be donated to the ATI open source miner bounty. I think the Claymore miner is just evil, and bad for Monero.  I made no promises to Claymore when I downloaded it, and I am not keeping promises that I did not make.  

Likewise, I would tell the MPAA:  Your broken business model does not make me a bad person, no matter how you squeal.

Also, if you would like a Claymore binary hacked to donate 5% to the bounty, let me know in PM.

Activity: 301
I stopped using Minergate a month. Other than that XMR looking strong. Keep up the support. Can't wait until new wallet!
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Hey guys!

Regards,
Minergate.com

Check it yourself.

Ticket N808

Just dont use Minergate....
Hey guys!

Regards,
Minergate.com

Check it yourself.

Ticket N808
legendary
FROSTING
Hey guys!

Regards,
Minergate.com

Check it yourself.
legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001
Whether true or not, they do seem to have issues with simple maths with their "lowest fees on the market" at 2%. I think they meant "highest fees on the market" Tongue
Hey guys!

Regards,
Minergate.com

legendary
FROSTING
Hey guys!

Regards,
Minergate.com
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

Russia doesnt allow Youtube, China doesnt allow google and youtube...

Those countries are horrible places honestly with really corrupt governments.

Google is tyrannic. Good that is forbiden somewhere, they even might to think of themselfs.
Activity: 259
Merit: 100
Thx cyber god my computer is still working! At last synced with blockchain & i am on board the Monero space ship to the .

As a hardcore Twitter lover & shadow (no credits) their new copyright/slogan founder back in 2009 i am now running info bot MoneroAlert@Twitter.

Feed source:
a) Reddit
b) MoneroTalk
c) Facebook
d) Google Monero cache alerts
e) *

*Monero price rss feed. This i tried to build http://feeds.feedburner.com/xmr-btc do not work/push rss.

Any help with bot update?
Activity: 265
Merit: 119

Just a thought... Are you running multiple keyboard (language) layouts in Windows? Is it possible that you might have entered the password using one keyboard layout, and are now using another one i.e. having a separate English and your particular language keyboard layouts?

its a good thought as i hadnt thought of it.... im not too sure if i am running multile keybord languages, how could i check this??

it is very possible to be honest... how would i be able to sort this if this is the case??

thanks dude much appreciated

[I truncated the previous conversation so it does not take too much space]

The fact that you are asking me this probably means that you are running only one, but here is how you can check.

In Windows, go to Control Panel, and from there to Region and Language (this is true on Win7). From the dialog box that will appear click on the Keyboards and Language tab, and once there click on the Change Keyboards button. A new dialog box will appear. If on the list in the Installed Services frame you see a single keyboard format like US or whatever your input language is, then you do not need to worry multiple keyboard layouts, you only have one. If you have more than one in that list, then you can cycle through them with Left Alt + Shift once you cancel out of the all dialog boxes you just opened.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
I think that the Mega-Pump before the entrance to Mintpal was immoderate and unhealthy, The overwhelming majority of the coins that passing Pumps like this, not sourviving for long.
The Dev's team have to work very hard to restore the value of XMR, I really believe in the coin but I'm Pessimistic.

again, people are putting Monero in the same category as pump and dump coins. It is not.

You can't prevent pumps and dumps. This is how this pandemonium works. Good coins is much more susceptible to pump, because it's less dangerous for whale to pump it. Less chances that someone will dump before whale. Well, correct me, tell me what I am missing.
Jump to: