Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1712. (Read 4670614 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
there was probably a better way to make your buys, in order to minimize your costs.  i wouldn't know.  but i lulz anyway because dude's sarcasm made me laugh. 

i went ahead and checked the average that i paid and it was about half way between the price that i started buying at and the price that i ended up pushing it up to. i think it just ended up looking funny because it cleared the transactions in a strange order, so even though i bought out all of those orders, it filled some of the larger ones like a fraction of a second before it filled some of the smaller ones.

Welcome aboard.  IMHO you've just gained the potential to change your life a little. Wink

I haven’t made a bad bet yet in crypto. With a little luck this wont be the first. Grin
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
there was probably a better way to make your buys, in order to minimize your costs.  i wouldn't know.  but i lulz anyway because dude's sarcasm made me laugh. 

i went ahead and checked the average that i paid and it was about half way between the price that i started buying at and the price that i ended up pushing it up to. i think it just ended up looking funny because it cleared the transactions in a strange order, so even though i bought out all of those orders, it filled some of the larger ones like a fraction of a second before it filled some of the smaller ones.

Welcome aboard.  IMHO you've just gained the potential to change your life a little. Wink
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

I have bought 1k at a time and where we are now this moves the market.  Even placing bids and taking out decent asks eventually shifts prices.  You can do private trades of wait for bids to fill, but if your thought is you are buying into a rebounding market you are going to make some little waves.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

It wasn't intended as sarcasm.  I just hadn't seen something like that before.  I was watching the buy and sell orders contemplating what I was going to do as the price had just come down after being pumped a bit. Then I saw that order placed and it disappeared almost as soon as it was placed.  That's how fast the orders get filled. I know that because I once mistakenly put in a bid too high.
Activity: 153
Merit: 107
legendary

Activity: 644
Merit: 502
legendary
well guys i can come out of the closet now. i took a fairly significant position in XMR. you may have noticed if you were watching poloniex. those little green candles were me Smiley

Was that you with a 6 btc buy @480 when the price was 420?  That was amazing.

lulz

Did i miss something? I did a few tests to make sure that it was clearing everything in the right order and working its way up the sell orders one at a time. It appeared to be working fine when i did my tests.
well guys i can come out of the closet now. i took a fairly significant position in XMR. you may have noticed if you were watching poloniex. those little green candles were me Smiley

Was that you with a 6 btc buy @480 when the price was 420?  That was amazing.

lulz
legendary

Guilty
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

legendary

Congrats! You are welcome to XMR Grin

Thanks. I think some people would call me an asset to the nxt community. Hopefully i can be an asset here as well. I do escrow and sometimes organize projects. Also i do some writing from time to time.

Welcome, you got in low Smiley

thats the idea Grin
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

Thanks. I think some people would call me an asset to the nxt community. Hopefully i can be an asset here as well. I do escrow and sometimes organize projects. Also i do some writing from time to time.

Welcome, you got in low Smiley
i took a fairly significant position in XMR.

Me too.  I mined 1.53 XMR.  That's right, whaley status.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
gcc-4.8-base:
  Installiert:           (keine)
  Installationskandidat: 4.8.2-19ubuntu1
  Versionstabelle:
     4.8.2-19ubuntu1 0
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main i386 Packages

OK. Disclaimer: I have never tried this myself. But if you have your virgin snapshot and still want to try it:

Code:
sudo apt-get install gcc-4.8-base

Not sure if this will deinstall 4.9, though. Try the gcc --version again after apt-get is finished.

Edit: You may have to do the same with g++-4.8

I had to do remove 4.9 as well, I just used, if i can remember:
sudo apt-get autoremove gcc-4.9 g++-4.9
sudo apt-get install gcc-4.8 g++-4.8 build-essential
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003

legendary
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
I have to say a word of praise and as it relates to XMRs, seems to me this is the right place:

I wanted to send XMR from BTER to Poloniex and had accidentally activated BTER code - without noticing it. When I had confirmed the withdrawal , then it occurred to me that neither address nor Payment ID standing in the history. Panic!!! I thought I lost my XMR and wrote to the support.
Less than 30 minutes later I received an answer: All right, I just needed my BTER code change again in XMR.

Why do I tell this here?

There is so much railed against the Chinese and everyone talks about how terrible the support on Chinese exchanges is, as I have just for the sake of fairness even hold it.

My experiences (it's the second time) are - at least as far as the support of BTER - so far very positive!

Must be told sometimes ...
Activity: 509
Merit: 500

Russia doesnt allow Youtube, China doesnt allow google and youtube...

Those countries are horrible places honestly with really corrupt governments.

Russia has youtube. What are you smoking?

Russia doesnt allow youtube, google, yahoo, bing, myspace, facebook, omegle, and a ton of other sites.

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING!

Well, im there. I just went on youtube and google and bing. Forget myspace. Facebook works too.
Jump to: