Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1738. (Read 4670610 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
So I've been watching the development going on with XMR Monero. The technical specs are cool, cool to the point that they've got me convinced that there's more to this coin than just a flash in the pan, and that it's actually worth considering the long-term potential for it to take on other altcoins and carve a decent niche for itself in the market.
What I also noticed though is that the thing has no user-friendly public face. Nerds are important, but make something big and hip at the same time is something the community isn't really known for. That, I thought, is where I come in. Hard to believe it may be, but I'm more than a pretty face - check out my Twitter to see for yourself (my website in profile) I've been following cryptonote's development and would like to literally put a face to the name for Monero now. If you think I'm insane, I'd agree with you coming from your side, but in my mind it's simple - give Monero a face as memorable as a certain shibe, and shock therapy will work its magic with a little clever work behind the scenes. Don't shoot me down just yet - let me prove it to you that this is what Monero needs right now.

LOL.

I am too scared to click on your tweeter feed Sad

Haha i did and believe me, its NSFW! Good thing i sit with my back to the wall xD

As long as there is no tweet for confirmation this is to be considered a fake
I thought people would come up with this response, and I actually understand so ok. What I wanted to do before was tweet a message too, but then thought that whatever my intention, doing so could hurt Monero's image before I'd even had a chance to prove my idea, not least because my twitter page isn't exactly your average crypto geek affair is it? So this is the reason I so far haven't posted anything, and i think it was the right thing to do on balance.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
Damn i had the idea to tell her/him to support monero Tongue It seems that someone else also had the same idea. Also fake.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
So I've been watching the development going on with XMR Monero. The technical specs are cool, cool to the point that they've got me convinced that there's more to this coin than just a flash in the pan, and that it's actually worth considering the long-term potential for it to take on other altcoins and carve a decent niche for itself in the market.
What I also noticed though is that the thing has no user-friendly public face. Nerds are important, but make something big and hip at the same time is something the community isn't really known for. That, I thought, is where I come in. Hard to believe it may be, but I'm more than a pretty face - check out my Twitter to see for yourself (my website in profile) I've been following cryptonote's development and would like to literally put a face to the name for Monero now. If you think I'm insane, I'd agree with you coming from your side, but in my mind it's simple - give Monero a face as memorable as a certain shibe, and shock therapy will work its magic with a little clever work behind the scenes. Don't shoot me down just yet - let me prove it to you that this is what Monero needs right now.

LOL.

Haha i did and believe me, its NSFW! Good thing i sit with my back to the wall xD

This^, it's fake. Probably going to ask for donations after.

I could take a pic of my drawin in 6 pack if youd like

LOL.

Don't be so shy!
Activity: 93
Merit: 10

LOL.

Sy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Bounty Detective

LOL.

LOL.

No reason to worry!  Wink
Activity: 723
Merit: 503

LOL.

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I'm a Firestarter!
I saw some people have greater speed's so I wanted to ask which miner you use to get better speed?

It could be YAM. I never tried it.
It could be overclocking.

There is mostly no difference, or it is but slightly some.
Any help would be appreciated.

If you have 8 threads then putting -t 8 or not doesn't change anything.

I never used it, and also cannot find the instructions for using it properly.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
looks like monero was retesting the 0.0045 region last night

Good. Back to normal. Now lets build up and not dump.

I'm not sure why all of you care about the dumps...

When bitcoin was rising most of the guys in speculation loved the day bitcoin dumped, it was a chance to get more and more.

I say dump, dump and dump. Guys, please dump Monero into the ground, sell it all.

Smiley
Activity: 301
Merit: 250

Good. Back to normal. Now lets build up and not dump.
Activity: 364
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
I saw some people have greater speed's so I wanted to ask which miner you use to get better speed?

It could be YAM. I never tried it.
It could be overclocking.

If you have 8 threads then putting -t 8 or not doesn't change anything.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Join our new Monero Pool, Fast And Reliable !

mining fee 0.38% for 2 months

58 Days left

http://xmr.farm
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I'm a Firestarter!
1 important question:

I have a few good dedicated servers with strong Xeon processors.
Mostly E3-1270 and Xeon E3-1230.
My speed's from them are from 180 to 220 H/s.
Rite now, I am using "Wolf's miner" (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wolfs-xmrbcndsh-cpuminer-2x-speed-compared-to-lucasjones-new-06202014-632724).

Oh, and, mining settings (commands) I'm using are:

minerd -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://pool:port -u wallet_address -p x
and on some
minerd -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://pool:port -u wallet_address -p x -t 8

Activity: 525
Hi! So the latest news from the voting: https://hitbtc.com/vote XMR holds 16th place with 256 votes. 236 votes since yesterday - nice job!
Not enough to take the lead yet, though.
We invite you to continue voting. We will add new currencies again and again every 2-3 weeks and keep going, so it's up to you to get Monero onto Hitbtc.
Votes from registered users will be multiplied x10!
Activity: 171
Merit: 100

Well, in that folder I don't have any .bin file ! Please look at the screen shot... There is one file without any extension, could that be the so called .bin file ? Thanks.

Yes.

Thanks for all replies, seems I have recovered the missing coins but it looks like now I have about 1.27 XMR less than what I have mined !
I have mined total 32.87 XMR so far & spent 23 XMR (1 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 23), My remaining balance is now 8.60. Is that 1.27 XMR charged as fees (>5.5%) ?!?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
delete the XMR file without extension and load the keys file Wink
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
I sent twice XMR to bittrex about 2 days ago. I don't see it in my balance on the site. I checked the block chain with my transaction
ID = 9dc4bd1953231488f862cace8bc239729ba5dc9d6f05145ac2b3f5875e7392ea
ID =8aec636f53c22d47dd07ec2a25bb60936e5d9a7620d01c411992e1fbfa80481b

and it's not showing up. It's 20+30=50 XMR, to me that's a lot. How can I receive the lost 50 XMR.
It is a Bug?

contact bittrex support

or try these solution, recovered my lost qcn.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=600658.1480

@ wyw5125521 I got the same issue last night, the amount is just 3 XMR but still why should I loose it ! I have noticed that whenever we send some XMR after few mintues of refreshing the wallet we see a long list of  "spent" amount in purple font, if this spent list doesn't appear that means the transaction is stuck somewhere & the same thing happened with my that 3 XMR transaction. I have got the transaction ID from .log file but the blockchain doesn't show any such transaction.

@ arielbit Thanks for the link about solution but on the first place I can't find wallet.bin file on my computer anywhere. it's not even in my bitmonero folder ! Could you please guide where should it be located ? Thanks.
It's in the same folder where your simplewallet is located. There is a .keys file - backup it and keep it safe. Then delete the .bin file and start the wallet as usual - this will recreate the .bin file based on the .keys file. Wait the daemon to sync and refresh the wallet.

Well, in that folder I don't have any .bin file ! Please look at the screen shot... There is one file without any extension, could that be the so called .bin file ? Thanks.

i guess you typed "XMR" not "XMR.bin" or wallet.bin when you created your wallet
i think you should just type XMR

the location is in your downloaded XMR wallet folder

edit:always backup your files!
Jump to: