Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1739. (Read 4670610 times)

Activity: 219
Merit: 100
who is mining on minexmr.com ?
I have that statistics:
Code:
Pending Balance: 0.000000000000 XMR
Total Paid: 0.000000000000 XMR
Last Share Submitted: less than a minute ago
Hash Rate: 494.58 H/sec
Total Hashes Submitted: 1620732
why there is zero balance?..

upd: I see payments now
Activity: 565
Merit: 500
Is this an official release https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7484533 of the GUI wallet ?
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

Well, in that folder I don't have any .bin file ! Please look at the screen shot... There is one file without any extension, could that be the so called .bin file ? Thanks.

Yes.
Activity: 171
I sent twice XMR to bittrex about 2 days ago. I don't see it in my balance on the site. I checked the block chain with my transaction
ID = 9dc4bd1953231488f862cace8bc239729ba5dc9d6f05145ac2b3f5875e7392ea
ID =8aec636f53c22d47dd07ec2a25bb60936e5d9a7620d01c411992e1fbfa80481b

and it's not showing up. It's 20+30=50 XMR, to me that's a lot. How can I receive the lost 50 XMR.
It is a Bug?

contact bittrex support

or try these solution, recovered my lost qcn.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=600658.1480

@ wyw5125521 I got the same issue last night, the amount is just 3 XMR but still why should I loose it ! I have noticed that whenever we send some XMR after few mintues of refreshing the wallet we see a long list of  "spent" amount in purple font, if this spent list doesn't appear that means the transaction is stuck somewhere & the same thing happened with my that 3 XMR transaction. I have got the transaction ID from .log file but the blockchain doesn't show any such transaction.

@ arielbit Thanks for the link about solution but on the first place I can't find wallet.bin file on my computer anywhere. it's not even in my bitmonero folder ! Could you please guide where should it be located ? Thanks.
It's in the same folder where your simplewallet is located. There is a .keys file - backup it and keep it safe. Then delete the .bin file and start the wallet as usual - this will recreate the .bin file based on the .keys file. Wait the daemon to sync and refresh the wallet.

Well, in that folder I don't have any .bin file ! Please look at the screen shot... There is one file without any extension, could that be the so called .bin file ? Thanks.

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
I sent twice XMR to bittrex about 2 days ago. I don't see it in my balance on the site. I checked the block chain with my transaction

and it's not showing up. It's 20+30=50 XMR, to me that's a lot. How can I receive the lost 50 XMR.
It is a Bug?

contact bittrex support

or try these solution, recovered my lost qcn.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=600658.1480

@ wyw5125521 I got the same issue last night, the amount is just 3 XMR but still why should I loose it ! I have noticed that whenever we send some XMR after few mintues of refreshing the wallet we see a long list of  "spent" amount in purple font, if this spent list doesn't appear that means the transaction is stuck somewhere & the same thing happened with my that 3 XMR transaction. I have got the transaction ID from .log file but the blockchain doesn't show any such transaction.

@ arielbit Thanks for the link about solution but on the first place I can't find wallet.bin file on my computer anywhere. it's not even in my bitmonero folder ! Could you please guide where should it be located ? Thanks.
It's in the same folder where your simplewallet is located. There is a .keys file - backup it and keep it safe. Then delete the .bin file and start the wallet as usual - this will recreate the .bin file based on the .keys file. Wait the daemon to sync and refresh the wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
Is GPU mining or CPU mining better? Does using Linux to mine still have an advantage over Windows?

High end CPUs are the most effective for hashing / energy consumption but GPUs are cheaper and they can stack on a big RIG.
You can do both at the same time.

Linux is better because you compile the sources yourself and have the latest update. It is also more secure.
Be careful about Windows binaries, there could be trojan to steal coins or hash.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
I tried to make the mac wallet from the repo and got this error...

You can use brew formulas for Mavericks http://github.com/sammy007/homebrew-cryptonight

Hey Sammy when doing that I get this:

[22:32:34 bitmonero]$  brew install --HEAD bitmonero
==> Cloning https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero.git
Updating /Library/Caches/Homebrew/bitmonero--git
==> make
[ 42%] Built target rpc
Linking CXX static library libcryptonote_core.a
[ 42%] Built target cryptonote_core
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [build-release] Error 2

any ideas what went wrong?

Thanks again for your help. Updating Xcode fixed my previous error.

NFI Sad use -v option for extended log. BTW, this recipes works for me on mavericks, do you have macports installed? I don't use it, so I think it's a problem if you have both macports and brew.
Activity: 171

It is a Bug?

contact bittrex support

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

You can use brew formulas for Mavericks http://github.com/sammy007/homebrew-cryptonight

Hey Sammy when doing that I get this:

[22:32:34 bitmonero]$  brew install --HEAD bitmonero
==> Cloning https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero.git
Updating /Library/Caches/Homebrew/bitmonero--git
==> make
[ 42%] Built target rpc
Linking CXX static library libcryptonote_core.a
[ 42%] Built target cryptonote_core
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [build-release] Error 2

any ideas what went wrong?

Thanks again for your help. Updating Xcode fixed my previous error.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Well, every post from devs on here up unitl this point has had the tone of "we don't care if its hard to use, we aren't solving for the market, we are building the best coin..." etc... which up until this last post from you implies that its the "if we build it, they will come" magic thinking that permeates most technical folks and is completely wrong. But I am encouraged by your latest response, but a bit baffled by not accepting any help from the community with website or wallet to move things along. But hopefully you will show us that we had no reason to worry and a drop dead simple to use GUI wallet with a super friendly and professional website is just around the corner.

I love XMR's potential, but until the devs really understand the need for speed and the need for ease of use and the need for active marketing now while the iron is hot, [...]
Do you really believe we are not deeply aware of that and actively working on it (for weeks)?  Unfortunately, one cannot just copy-and-paste some Qt code and even copy BBR's  code would not suffice.

Edit: the same holds true for the website. We have designers, coders and marketers on it. Yes, it takes time but this is  because we know we will have to stick with end product for years (reason: inertia). It will be worth the wait.
Again, thanks to all people proposing help for the website -  even if we don't need any, your proposal are truly appreciated.

By the way: once the website will be operational, we will contact the various persons who proposed translations. We did not forget you!
Activity: 280
Who cares?
Monero pump coming soon on mintpal

edit - according to a certain IRC room..

which one, coinmarkets?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Monero pump coming soon on mintpal

edit - according to a certain IRC room..
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
Is GPU mining or CPU mining better?
That depends on the GPU and CPU that you are comparing

Does using Linux to mine still have an advantage over Windows?
Yes
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
gilad215:

That looks like a 1.5 XMR transaction.  Those 0.1's are INPUTS not outputs.  You probably mined those, right?  And those are the pool paying you at the 0.1 XMR minimum payout threshold.

I could be wrong, as I am no expert, but I CAN read.   Cool

It doesn't matter how much, thats a transaction out of the wallet that i didn't make.

what wallet? you either got hacked or the wallet was loaded up with some malicious code, is my guess
Activity: 430
gilad215:

That looks like a 1.5 XMR transaction.  Those 0.1's are INPUTS not outputs.  You probably mined those, right?  And those are the pool paying you at the 0.1 XMR minimum payout threshold.

I could be wrong, as I am no expert, but I CAN read.   Cool

It doesn't matter how much, thats a transaction out of the wallet that i didn't make.
Activity: 364
XMR going to dip below 40? I think it might at this rate. Hope not tho. Needs some time to stabilize.

I recon 45 is almost bot...
Activity: 430
Guys Please can someone help?

is it possible that someone hijacked my cold wallet? i had more than 5 XMR 1 hour ago and now after refresh i'm left with 0.2. i didn't make a withdraw all this time!

can someone look at this? my wallet sent alot of 0.1

http://monerochain.info/tx/205d7f58d37db9c8256a713fe3676ce11ee6b204d0b79dda8ceadf0c3fe32d94

Please help thank you

What wallet are you using?

i used the original one, until today i downloaded this one v23

https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client/releases

well shit its a scum?
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Big respect to Wolf, he is the man! Currently renting his XMR miner and it is working great.  Grin Grin Grin

How much more efficient than CPU mining to rent?
Jump to: