Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1768. (Read 4670610 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
Is it me or is http://monero.crypto-pool.fr/#
Not working properly ?
The website is deactivated during the update. No stats available for few minutes.
The pool is still working. You are still connected, you get work and send shares.
Oh - is there an update for monero or is it just website maintenance ?

It's an update for our pool only.
There will be some improvements in the coming days.
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
Roll on Mintpal on Monday Smiley
Activity: 192
Merit: 100

What version drivers are you using? 13.12?? If not thats why your hash rate is lower.

using 13.12  Huh What should my max VM be?

I dont know man, It could be just your card? I am using PowerColor 280x and I get 466-468. I did not touch memory settings, here is my config:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

NsGpuCNMiner.exe -o stratum+tcp://

Difference between set and setx? Still running 360h/s on stock GV-R928XWF3-3GD (rev. 2.0). What are your VM settings?... if you dont mind me asking Tongue Do I need any additional downloads?

I did not touch my VM settings. Windows 7 64 bit 4GB ram Xeon CPU PowerColor 280x. I know different cards use different memory, mine has Samsung, I don't know what others have and how they perform. I wish I knew why your hashrate was lower, but I have no special settings. Just downloaded and ran.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Not working properly ?

The website is deactivated during the update. No stats available for few minutes.

The pool is still working. You are still connected, you get work and send shares.

Oh - is there an update for monero or is it just website maintenance ?
legendary
Not working properly ?

Activity: 364

Not working properly ?
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
I would be extremely cautious about trying to use this exchange. They "lost" several deposits and never resolved the tickets after a year. Basically stealing. Stay away.

I dont know if you guys are in the know but BTER offers a 1% instant bonus on your XMR deposit. Meaning that if you deposit 1K there, you got 10 XMR for free. Instant. Nothing asked! It's like being given 10 btc from the beginning of 2013 FOR FREE.

source: https://bter.com/myaccount/deposit/XMR

Edit: I did it and I confirm it works. I dont know if there are any rules to forbid its exploitation though.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
I also have issues mining with my 280x. Seems to be a problem between miner and specific hardware on 280x. We are discussing it here with Claymore

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=638915.new#new
Activity: 574
We may still be 1st in mintpal, but the second coin is still trying to reach us. Keep on voting guys!!!
https://www.mintpal.com/voting
legendary
740 Million? Are you kidding me? Diff is too high! =D

I was complaining when the diff was 300K and getting crazy when it reached 1 Million.

2014-May-03 01:41:56.368798 [P2P1]BH: 22456, DIFF: 1005551, HR: 16759 H/s
Wow!
Shit, it is too much for most people.

If the coin is untraceable, how come the merchant will know whether the customer has paid in this coin ?

BitCoinDream please do not quote the whole original post.
You can add a transaction ID to the transaction. That way we can verify.
Activity: 368

link's not loading, it stays forever in mega's spinning ball...
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
Is this coin better or worse than BBR ? ,BBR has made lot of new improvement

YES!
ok, many people said so too ,BRR came out later  ,but made  more innovation

BBR has a private gpu miner since their algoritihm isn't Cryptonote(which doesnt have a private gpu miner, and is mostly cpu only), it's Wild Keccak. According to posts I've read, the guys using that Private Gpu Miner get as much as 7,000 BBR per day, per person...I also saw a 80,000 BBR sell order a few days ago....

Boolberry has been instamined just like quarkcoin and darkcoin.

Not really fair to say that about BBR.  XMR was mined by a few people for the first week using hundreds of EC2 instances.  There were some that mined at least 50,000 XMR in the beginning before the coin got on the radar.  Then there were people buying up tens of thousands of coins before it was on an exchange and was dirt cheap.

There is no need to start a "this coin is better than that coin" between XMR and BBR.  The two coins are both better than the plethora of bitcoin clones.  They seem to be working together and sharing the improvements they make.  The best thing for both coins is cooperation and support from the users of both coins.  I'm guilty myself of taking sides but I hold both coins and want them both to succeed.  I think cryptonote coins are the future of anonymous coins but they have a tough road ahead taking the reigns from a certain coin.  Cooperation will make that road much easier to travel.

Not true...only 7% of all XMR has been mined and most by people on their cpu's, EC2 only came into the game later on, weeks after XMR was first launched and had a decent size community(after it changed from Bitmonero).... I was here since the beginning looking around, thought I didnt buy any xmr sadly.

Though I agree, there's no need to have a fight between two innovative coins. PCE OUT.

I'm not going to comment again regarding this but I know for a fact that you are wrong about the EC2's.

But yeah, no need for squabbles between cryptonote coins.

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

What version drivers are you using? 13.12?? If not thats why your hash rate is lower.

I dont know man, It could be just your card? I am using PowerColor 280x and I get 466-468. I did not touch memory settings, here is my config:

Difference between set and setx? Still running 360h/s on stock GV-R928XWF3-3GD (rev. 2.0). What are your VM settings?... if you dont mind me asking Tongue Do I need any additional downloads?
Activity: 266
If the coin is untraceable, how come the merchant will know whether the customer has paid in this coin ?

In BTC you only have a private key which allows you to spend.
Monero uses ring signatures which means you have two keys: a viewkey and a privatekey.

you need the viewkey to see incoming transactions and the privatekey to spent them.

so the merchant uses his viewkey to see when he gets paid
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
Activity: 616
740 Million? Are you kidding me? Diff is too high! =D
Activity: 770

YES!

BBR has a private gpu miner since their algoritihm isn't Cryptonote(which doesnt have a private gpu miner, and is mostly cpu only), it's Wild Keccak. According to posts I've read, the guys using that Private Gpu Miner get as much as 7,000 BBR per day, per person...I also saw a 80,000 BBR sell order a few days ago....

The private GPU miner WAS making 5,000-7,000 BBR per day. He is making less than a 1/3 of that now.  

CPU mining improvements are made daily.

Oh ok Ill edit it from is to was.
Activity: 192
Merit: 100

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

YES!

The private GPU miner WAS making 5,000-7,000 BBR per day. He is making less than a 1/3 of that now.  

CPU mining improvements are made daily.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
Then there were people buying up tens of thousands of coins before it was on an exchange and was dirt cheap.

As someone mention once, cheapest XMR he bought were 0.0005 btc, i think one of devs posted that. Just 2 weeks ago, i bought them at 0.0017. That is point of fair start that XMR was newer really cheap, noone got milion or even 1000 coins for almost free. Well, they might be cheap 10 days ago.

actually, you can check price for May/June on Poloniex, before that is chart posted on Monero forum:

http://www.monero.cc/price-chart/index.html
Jump to: