Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1766. (Read 4670610 times)

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
DRK with all its shady supply tricks is almost benign compared to this new breed of shitcoins.

Can you elaborate on why you believe that XMR is a new breed of shitcoin? I'm actually interested in your opinion. thanks.

He's on the Monero core team, that's very much NOT what he was saying;)

The "new breed of shitcoin" he's referring to is in his previous sentence: "Meanwhile, most of the 'competition' consists of 3 to 7 day PoW followed by PoS."
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
is Monero network under maintenance?
Because:
1. Rewards are delayed
2. My hashrates half-ed
3. To many errors everywhere

Massive DDOS on all big pools.

Everything is down.

"Everything" is not down.

http://monerochain.info - blocks are still averaging around a minute between blocks.

Pools being DDoS'd does not affect the network.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
DRK with all its shady supply tricks is almost benign compared to this new breed of shitcoins.

Can you elaborate on why you believe that XMR is a new breed of shitcoin? I'm actually interested in your opinion. thanks.
Activity: 502
Merit: 500
Jun-18 07:58:32.970145 bitmonero v0.8.8.1(0.1-g328a52a)
2014-Jun-18 07:58:32.975145 Module folder: C:\monero.win.x64.latest2\bitmonerod.exe
2014-Jun-18 07:58:32.980145 Initializing p2p server...
2014-Jun-18 07:58:32.985145 ERROR c:\temp\monero\git-experimental\bitmonero-0.8.8update-x64\src\p2p\net_node.inl:82 Exception at [node_server::init_config], what=invalid signature
2014-Jun-18 07:58:32.995145 ERROR c:\temp\monero\git-experimental\bitmonero-0.8.8update-x64\src\p2p\net_node.inl:204 Failed to init config.
2014-Jun-18 07:58:33.005145 ERROR ..\..\src\daemon\daemon.cpp:148 Failed to initialize p2p server.
2014-Jun-18 07:58:33.010145 Mining has been stopped, 0 finished

can someone help with this?
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
Pools have ruined most coins like it or not especially multi-pools. Go back a few years that'll do me Grin
How so ? Being a newcomer, I thought pools were about decreasing the variance...

He talks about multi-pools. It doesn't exist on Monero (yet).
A multi-pool mine altcoins and dump them automatically to only pay Bitcoins.

Did I say there was a monero multi-pool?

No, I said multi-pools were killing coins....

Sorry to disagree with you but I stand by what I said....
legendary
it offers liquidity, security, privacy, fungibility, fairness, recognition and deflation in a single package.

new breed of shitcoins.

Certainly not a shitcoin. Much more to offer Wink
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
it offers liquidity, security, privacy, fungibility, fairness, recognition and deflation in a single package.

Disinflation, not deflation. XMR's emission curve benefits come in strongly right around the 2-year mark. Meanwhile, most of the 'competition' consists of 3 to 7 day PoW followed by PoS. DRK with all its shady supply tricks is almost benign compared to this new breed of shitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
Pools have ruined most coins like it or not especially multi-pools. Go back a few years that'll do me Grin
How so ? Being a newcomer, I thought pools were about decreasing the variance...

He talks about multi-pools. It doesn't exist on Monero (yet).
A multi-pool mine altcoins and dump them automatically to only pay Bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

legendary
Everything is down.
Thanks for fast update.
When can we expect it back in order?
When the DDOSer who is probably a big miner realize that killing the pools is bad for XMR reputation and it might affect the price negatively, therefore his profit.
Exactly! Only reason pools are being attacked is because of big solo miners or other pools / private pools being greedy. Fuck them go solo Smiley

I like the spirit of solo mining but variance is a bitch and people are not gonna mine for free.
We need pools to provide a flat reward among miners according to their hashing power.

Without pools, only few rich bot-miners will get the reward.
If miners perceive the reward as unfair, the coin die.

I agree totally. However if solo miners were allowed to mine a coin without pools then its upto the individual to how much hash power they are prepared to give whether it paid or not.

legendary
Everything is down.
Thanks for fast update.
When the DDOSer who is probably a big miner realize that killing the pools is bad for XMR reputation and it might affect the price negatively, therefore his profit.
How come it still says the network hash is 13MH/s when the largest mining pool is down? I mean surely it would be 13 - 4 = 9MH/s now ?

I don't now how is the total hashrate is calculated so I cannot make conclusions. It could be updated every xx hours.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Everything is down.
Thanks for fast update.

How come it still says the network hash is 13MH/s when the largest mining pool is down? I mean surely it would be 13 - 4 = 9MH/s now ?
legendary
Everything is down.
Thanks for fast update.
Exactly! Only reason pools are being attacked is because of big solo miners or other pools / private pools being greedy. Fuck them go solo Smiley

I like the spirit of solo mining but variance is a bitch and people are not gonna mine for free.
We need pools to provide a flat reward among miners according to their hashing power.

Without pools, only few rich bot-miners will get the reward.
If miners perceive the reward as unfair, the coin die.
legendary
Everything is down.
Thanks for fast update.

Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Pools: XMR.HashInvest.net
Guys, spread hashrate. http://xmr.hashinvest.net / 0.75% FEE
legendary
Everything is down.
Thanks for fast update.

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I'm a Firestarter!

Everything is down.

Thanks for fast update.
legendary
is Monero network under maintenance?