Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1765. (Read 4670610 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Extremehash.com is getting blocks very consistently every 7-10 minutes! Server just undergone multiple upgrades to support the pool's growth, so bring your XMR hashes down right now!

Already there! Great site. Keep it going.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Extremehash.com is getting blocks very consistently every 7-10 minutes! Server just undergone multiple upgrades to support the pool's growth, so bring your XMR hashes down right now!
I have another 1 KH/s which i can move to one pool. Would it even make a difference?
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
Question on mining rewards. I have about 9 KH/s spread across 3 pools right now. For the past day, i used to get .5 to 1 XMR per block found on each pool. Today, i've noticed that my reward per block has gone down to about .15 to .45 per block reward.
Is this because more people are mining on each pool?

Everyone is seeing crappier rewards, cuz everyone is mining harder/faster/stronger.
Question on mining rewards. I have about 9 KH/s spread across 3 pools right now. For the past day, i used to get .5 to 1 XMR per block found on each pool. Today, i've noticed that my reward per block has gone down to about .15 to .45 per block reward.
Is this because more people are mining on each pool?
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
Hi what are the confirmation required from the monero network 6 or 20?
Activity: 182

Guys remember to keep voting for Monero on Mintpal every hour.
Activity: 182
is Monero network under maintenance?
Because:
1. Rewards are delayed
2. My hashrates half-ed
3. To many errors everywhere

Massive DDOS on all big pools.

Thanks for fast update.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Is the DDOS stopped? I see price is a little down due to DDOS, attackers are jealous because we will be listed at MP next week.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
I suspect the DDOSer is trying to shake the Monero community to sell XRM so the price can go lower than it is so he can pick them up cheap.

If the protocol is sound, no DDOSer can do much but make noise and hand-wave.
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
Some of the following could be considered off topic, but admins - please don't delete it Smiley
I want to refer to the second week of Monero - this was the time I first read about it. I then tried to compile an optimized version of the miner and to share it with the community and I devoted a lot of time to do it. Back then my core i7 laptop hash rate was 6 H/s and now it's 107 H/s (just imagine what Bytecoin devs are trying to achieve with their purposely obfuscated and slow mining code despite of their 80% premine before that). NoodleDoodle managed to do the first 2x and then x4 optimizations up to 22+ H/s on my core i7 (that's what I was trying to do and I was just going to without having a lot of experience with different C compilers). This was the time when Monero become the main CryptoNote coin - most probably forever (or probably not). Back then I was happy to solo mine my first 80+ XMR with 6 H/s, then 10 H/s and then 20+ H/s - my first 2 weeks of Monero mining (if you want to be sure it's not premined read this: http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#monero and also you could read there about some shitcoins, which a lot of people are trying to defend in this thread). I bought some more (I made it to 450+) mainly from the OTC and mainly on the top price (0.00175 back then). Few days after I panicked and I dumped them all (I mean all) on the lowest price of 0.0008 (lol) - this was the day before it was listed on poloniex (and the day before I first heard of poloniex). Monero is also my first altcoin (lol). Back then I was never going to buy more of it on higher price if I didn't get the support of the community (Smooth pity me and sent me a lot (to my standard) and 2 more people sent me about 2 XMR). After that I bought again and I was riding the waves - I made some more and sometimes I dumped low (buy high, sell low they say - yeah:) - yesterday again I dumped about half of mine XMR for good (self irony).
And now to the essence (off topic) I started this post - it's not about XMR. Back then (in the third week of Monero) I argued about the difference 'if(expression)' could make compared to 'if(!expression)' in C compiled with mingw. I just found the C code I wrote many years ago and I was talking about. This is just the 30% final adjustment I achieved for the client after I already made it 90x faster for him and he cheated and he never paid me my 100$ we agreed on (should we have him in Monero?). Here is the code*:
*Those 'sums' are made on hundreds of thousands binary files provided by this client and I don't think it could be used in any meaningful way except on his data.
Code:
#include 
#include

SEXP Sum(SEXP xNumVect, SEXP nCount, SEXP Nint)
{
int i, j, n, n1, N, N2;
double sum;
double *pNUM, *pResult;
SEXP result;
PROTECT(xNumVect = AS_NUMERIC(xNumVect));
N = INTEGER_VALUE(Nint);
n = INTEGER_VALUE(nCount);
PROTECT(result = NEW_NUMERIC(n));
pResult = NUMERIC_POINTER(result);
pNUM = NUMERIC_POINTER(xNumVect);
N2 = N - 2;
n1 = n - 1;
for(i = n1; i > N2; i--)
{
sum = 0;
for(j = 0; j < N; j++)
sum += pNUM[i - j];
pResult[i] = sum;
}
for(i = N2; i > -1; i--)
pResult[i] = R_NaN;
UNPROTECT(2);
return result;
}

SEXP Max(SEXP xNumVect, SEXP nCount, SEXP Nint)
{
int i, j, n, n1, N, N2;
double max;
double *pNUM, *pResult;
SEXP result;
N = INTEGER_VALUE(Nint);
N2 = N - 2;
n1 = n - 1;
for(i = n1; i > N2; i--)
{
max = R_NegInf;
for(j = 0; j < N; j++)
if(pNUM[i - j] == R_NaN)
if(pNUM[i - j] > max)
max = pNUM[i - j];
if(max == R_NegInf)
pResult[i] = R_NaN;
else
pResult[i] = max;
}
for(i = N2; i > -1; i--)
pResult[i] = R_NaN;
UNPROTECT(2);
return result;
}

SEXP Min(SEXP xNumVect, SEXP nCount, SEXP Nint)
{
int i, j, n, n1, N, N2;
double min;
double *pNUM, *pResult;
SEXP result;
N = INTEGER_VALUE(Nint);
N2 = N - 2;
n1 = n - 1;
for(i = n1; i > N2; i--)
{
min = R_PosInf;
for(j = 0; j < N; j++)
if(pNUM[i - j] == R_NaN)
if(pNUM[i - j] < min)
min = pNUM[i - j];
if(min == R_NegInf)
pResult[i] = R_NaN;
else
pResult[i] = min;
}
for(i = N2; i > -1; i--)
pResult[i] = R_NaN;
UNPROTECT(2);
return result;
}
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
Looks like someone selling thier monero - is that to do with the DDOS ?

no doubt. bittrex is crashing hard a bit as well .... i'm holding tho, i don't care if i lose a few $ overnight, it will bouce back! Grin

Really ? A coin would go down in price because of a DDOS ? I don't understand since it is only the pools that are affected

That's what not they want, the ddos'ers want to deny access to pools to give them access to mining themselves more coins.

Stupid cunts just driving more to solo which they cant control Grin
legendary

no doubt. bittrex is crashing hard a bit as well .... i'm holding tho, i don't care if i lose a few $ overnight, it will bouce back! Grin

Really ? A coin would go down in price because of a DDOS ? I don't understand since it is only the pools that are affected

dunno why really, bittrex seems to have a lot of panic sellers or something. maybe it's auto-sells.. in any case, i'm not losing yet, i think it's just people being dumb/greedy.. /shocker

edit - the timing was pretty close tho, so who knows.

Activity: 252
The network hash rate you see on the pool stats etc is calculated from the block difficulty, which is adjusted every block to try and keep the generation time at 60secs. It will only change by a certain max amount each block though, so 3-4MH/sec being taken off the network will not be apparent for some time. To benefit from a DDoS attack a rival miner would have to keep up the DDoS for a while, and it tends to cancel itself out as miners move (temporarily) to other pools, so its debatable what they achieve apart from costing pool operators money trying to mitigate the attacks.

http://cryptonotepool.org.uk welcomes miners who want to spread their hash around, plenty of capacity at the moment although we may well cap it at 5% of the network (if it ever gets that popular!) to avoid being a DDoS target. Pool server is nice and stable, made some improvements to the code so the daemons dont have to restarted all the time, so miners get the most from their hashpower Smiley
legendary

Activity: 560
it offers liquidity, security, privacy, fungibility, fairness, recognition and deflation in a single package.

new breed of shitcoins.

Certainly not a shitcoin. Much more to offer Wink

I was referring to CloakCoin, CryptCoin, KoreCoin, etc.  It's downright formulaic. X11/X13 PoW over a few days + PoS + "whitepaper" claiming anonymity. Thanks to the greater fool theory, this actually works (for a limited time). Roll Eyes
legendary
DRK with all its shady supply tricks is almost benign compared to this new breed of shitcoins.

Can you elaborate on why you believe that XMR is a new breed of shitcoin? I'm actually interested in your opinion. thanks.

He's on the Monero core team, that's very much NOT what he was saying;)

The "new breed of shitcoin" he's referring to is in his previous sentence: "Meanwhile, most of the 'competition' consists of 3 to 7 day PoW followed by PoS."

Ah, my bad, so sorry!! I completely missed that part, and I do agree, those coins are shit!.. Thanks for correcting me! Smiley

edit - they should rename PoS as EoL, for End Of Life... Cheesy
Jump to: