Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1850. (Read 4670606 times)

Activity: 723
Merit: 503
Whats the lowest anyone ever bought a lot of XMR? (10,000+)

it was never cheap, the market cap on poloniex started at 800k, so about 0.00180. the IPO were getting it for 0.001 as far as i know. there may have been earlier buyers but as far as i know it was never dirt cheap and available to everybody. this coin is the only unique coin right now, easy 50m market cap.

There was no ipo ; and for price references, there is an otc trade here on bitcointalk. Also i recommend that you guys buy as soon as you can otherwise you are going to have to use arguments such as "but there was no gui, monero was premined because the devs made it too hard to use" as an excuse to your own stupidity.

Dont be Rakim.

Also, to everyone who thinks BCN is still relevant, check the market prices. If you think it's still technologically relevant, check this marvelous post from Tacotime:

So far we [the monero devs]

- Fixed the blockreward code that TFT broke
- Added lots of new RPC calls
- Are fixing the weird fixed tx fee system
- Fixed some of the other RPC calls
- Optimized the slowhash code performance about 20 fold (which ByteCoin ganked after from QCN and barely credited us for)
- Are implementing electrum deterministic wallets (code is already done)
- Are implementing a database
- Are fixing some of the network code
- Have almost completely coded an integrated QT wallet (Neozaru) that makes use of our new RPC calls
- Added the first open source pool infrastructure with the help of zone117x (who continually works to improve the pool)

source: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7215558

Activity: 577
Merit: 500
Shine Like The Sun
Nice cup formation in making, I think we are ready for the lift off, crap. Why did I not gobble more of these coins..
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org

it was never cheap, the market cap on poloniex started at 800k, so about 0.00180. the IPO were getting it for 0.001 as far as i know. there may have been earlier buyers but as far as i know it was never dirt cheap and available to everybody. this coin is the only unique coin right now, easy 50m market cap.

what the hell are you talking about? There was no IPO. Trades started really cheaper than 0.001...

Some historical prices from OTC and first exchange https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fdl.dropboxusercontent.com%2Fu%2F2050232%2FMRO_trading.png&t=541&c=gsiwlS6zxAzX_Q
Activity: 294
Merit: 250

EDIT: my bad there was no IPO, i meant exchange thread.
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
A Mac OS X (10.9) GUI Wallet and Miner (for mropool.org) can be downloaded from mropool.org (direct link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/cnywy3xsncfgcfq/Monero%20Wallet-0.2.zip).

It looks very nice, great job! Does it work on Linux and Windows?
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
A Mac OS X (10.9) GUI Wallet and Miner (for mropool.org) can be downloaded from mropool.org (direct link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/cnywy3xsncfgcfq/Monero%20Wallet-0.2.zip).

This normal?

2014-Jun-11 04:18:48.523822 [P2P0]Failed to connect to any of seed peers, continuing without seeds
Activity: 322
How do I know the monero team hasn't ruined the anonymity of Bytecoin?
At least get some cryptographers interested enough in your project to take a look at it.

For that matter how do you know the Bytecoin team didn't ruin the anonymity of Cryptonote?

They undertook implementing cryptonote from scratch?

It's better than the Monero devs accomplishments.

I was pointing out his logic more than talking bad about Bytecoin. Sorry if that was unclear.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
At least get some cryptographers interested enough in your project to take a look at it.
Simply compare the sourcecode and study the differences. That's how you know they didn't ruin the anonymity of bytecoin.
Activity: 71

For that matter how do you know the Bytecoin team didn't ruin the anonymity of Cryptonote?

They undertook implementing cryptonote from scratch?

It's better than the Monero devs accomplishments.

Activity: 71
Activity: 5
Merit: 0

That is tremendous!

1) Is it known whether this will play nicely with 10.8?  I can't run the binary because I have installed homebrew and somehow unsuccessfully uninstalled macports, and now my computer won't recognize that the right version of boost is sitting right there.  I'd love to be able to take my coins off the exchange without saturating my hard drive (and RAM) with a VM.

2) Is mropool trusted - can anyone vouch for them?
Activity: 252
Can someone give me directions to a guide how to gpu mine this coin? Is it still profitable?

GPU miner is pretty simple to use, take a look at the https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-cryptonote-amd-gpu-miner-v113-638915 thread

Note that is for Windows 64bit with AMD cards only, I hear that an nVidia miner is coming but not yet.

Sample .bat file for mining with the GPUminer is simple, there arent any parameters to adjust except the pool and your wallet address Smiley

set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
NsGpuCNMiner.exe -o stratum+tcp://cryptonotepool.org.uk:7777 -u 449cD7MMDcZGDRge3aNFxFU1bHbwg4K8aE3owkWpNssUVz3Qzey8Mc1VUBag3cn2ZSfPAz44u3B16aA TdBn8Kkb9GwS6pwz -p x
How do I calculate the amount of XMR I can make mining given my hashrate? I want to know if it's worth it for me or not.
Activity: 112
Can someone give me directions to a guide how to gpu mine this coin? Is it still profitable?

I was just about to ask this same question Smiley
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Activity: 266
You mean they'll be linked together from the exchange point of view?

What is the maximum length of the payment ID? Is it long enough to provide a monero address?

You will be able to search the blockchain after for all tx that have that payment ID, because it's cleartext. Of course, it doesn't necessarily mean tx are related, but if you keep using the same ID to send to the exchange...

256-bits.

so if i want you to think that i have a lot of money i send a tx with my exchange paymentid to myself? overandover again Wink
Jump to: