Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1862. (Read 4670606 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

Plus nvidia gpu miner is out ( by christian, no surprises there !) and my guess is that it is highly optimised compared to current amd miner. Once amd miner is optimised it will give hashing power of at least 3 to 4 times that of current amd miner. Thats when the general public will start mining driving up hashrate exponentially and thus coins price.

Anybody have H/sec on the GTX 750 ti?
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
Is there a thread to follow the status of GUI wallet? Suggestion - built-in fee calculator for regular/mixed transactions. Unknown transaction fees always bothered me about QT clients.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=589561.120

ETA on the bounty is on the 1rst of July. I guess ETA on the GUI is on the same date?
Activity: 545
Merit: 500
Why is this coin such a low price at the moment?

Market supply is high. 23K new Moneros are generated every day. It needs to keep buy support at 230K USD in day to save rate at DRK level.

23k new coins are generated daily and decreasing daily. It needs to keep buy support of 64 btc (@ current price of 0.002 btc per xmr) or 40k usd daily to sustain current price.

For a disruptive coin like monero it is a small amount. Dont forget that only a handful of miners are selling their coins so the actual buying support required is more like 10k usd instead of 40k usd assuming 1/4 of minted coins are sold daily. I run an amazon farm and I aint selling my coins this cheap. Not untll it surpasses litecoins marketcap atleast. Moneros marketcap is less than 2 million usd compared to 300+ million usd for litecoin.

Plus nvidia gpu miner is out ( by christian, no surprises there !) and my guess is that it is highly optimised compared to current amd miner. Once amd miner is optimised it will give hashing power of at least 3 to 4 times that of current amd miner. Thats when the general public will start mining driving up hashrate exponentially and thus coins price.
Activity: 75
Is there a thread to follow the status of GUI wallet? Suggestion - built-in fee calculator for regular/mixed transactions. Unknown transaction fees always bothered me about QT clients.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
I want to transfer monero from wallet, but I can not paste address in simplewallet window. How can I do it?

On windows, I think you need to run the program from the cmd line (rather than just double clicking on the executable from the file explorer), and then you will be able to copy/paste in the cmd terminal window.
grm
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Hello everybody,

This is my first post here in bitcointalk (but i have been following it for some times now ..).
As I really love monero, i decided to start my involvement in it by setting up a pool.

Fees are 0% !

The pool is hosted on an 8-core dedicated VPS, hosted in France and is available to this address :

http://monero.chickenkiller.com

Thanks to everybody for helping me launching the pool Smiley

See ya !

Edit : template and adding pool location
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
I want to transfer monero from wallet, but I can not paste address in simplewallet window. How can I do it?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
Since this thread is about XMR lol, at least we can agree that Monero was one of the fairest and most exciting crypto-currencies launch ever.

If someone wants to say something bad, they'll find something... that's the only constant in cryptoland.

You can take the same event and spin it in any way you want... for example a cpu coin can be considered fair for being available to all (for mining) or it can be considered unfair due to botnet raping.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
Yeah, but I can assure you, its not your host. Network code is still pretty alpha/basic.
My daemon keeps 500 active connectins online, sometimes more ....

Guess fo the moment, you would have to use extern standard Windows tools to limit network usage/bandwright.
Activity: 68
Are there any reports on expected network bandwidth usage for bitmonerod.exe on Windows when it is synchronised. I am seeing traffic at about 0.05% of my 1Gbps network card as the baseline (and often much more). The baseline traffic equates to about 125GB per month.  My bandwidth limit is 100GB/month before I am throttled. So I can't afford to solo mine with bitmonerod.exe. Is there some way to limit the number of peers it is synchronising with or limit the traffic some way?  The --hide-my-port option does not seem to help reduce traffic.
Activity: 54
Merit: 257
We have upgraded the Ubuntu installation script. Now, the same script can be used for a complete install of for just installing cpuminer (for instance, for VPS instance). You know have a menu for choosing your type of installation - cpuminer-only installations are now much faster and simpler. Many thanks to Quanttek.

The command line is still the same. It will only work for Ubuntu-based distribution (Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Linux Mint...), not for Debian, Red Had, Arch Linux...)
Code:
cd ~ && rm -f install_monero.sh && wget https://ottrbutt.com/monero/install_monero.sh && bash install_monero.sh
updated by David Latapie
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
But seriously, why?

It's certainly not for lack of asking on our part .. I know that many people asked all last month and it sounds like it just got to the point where they stopped responding. The first answer was exactly that they'll look at it again in a few months because it's not based on bitcoin.

Also, quite a bit of discussion is in IRC. Dev account "monero" is shared by devs who post in the thread daily.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Why is this coin not on mintpal and not on mintpal voting page?

Because they don't know how to add that algo.

But seriously, why?

I'm thinking of investing, looks like a hidden gem so far and could explode once added to Mintpal, but I need to understand what's happening first. The dev/OP has only 16 messages, is he still around, I see that last github commit was 14 days ago and activity seems kinda low? 278 pages for a coin released on Apr 25th is a bit low, is discussion happening elsewhere?

You are on the wrong repo: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/master

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

serious discussion happens on irc.freenode.org #monero #monero-dev #monero-otc

also stop complaining about mintpal when we have only 12 votes here https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/4000277700
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
Activity: 794
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
^They will keep an eye on it a few months before adding it. I suppose they don't want to do the additional work involved to implement it in their exchange, because of the fact it's not a bitcoin clone. They could add it tomorrow or never, but I suppose they'll add it in a month.
Activity: 210

But seriously, why?

I'm thinking of investing, looks like a hidden gem so far and could explode once added to Mintpal, but I need to understand what's happening first. The dev/OP has only 16 messages, is he still around, I see that last github commit was 14 days ago and activity seems kinda low? 278 pages for a coin released on Apr 25th is a bit low, is discussion happening elsewhere?
legendary
Activity: 1554

Activity: 210
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Can n be bigger than 99?

Bob can choose the ambiguity degree on his own: n = 1 means that the probability he has spent the output is 50% probability, n = 99 gives 1%. The size of the resulting signature increases linearly as O(n + 1), so the improved anonymity costs to Bob extra transaction fees. He also can set n = 0 and make his ring signature to consist of only one element, however this will instantly reveal him as a spender.
Jump to: