Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1888. (Read 4670606 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Because I'd like to give some input into this particular project to make it better. To fork everytime you get upset about some trifle is not the way to go. Im voicing my concerns even of it means to critique. If I have come across a bit harsh, I'd like to apologize because it was not my intent to hurt but to remind everybody what chance we have to turn this project into something unique and powerful. Not the rebuild a rehash of overcome systems.

Ok, point taken. Regarding the ISO 4217 compliance, if you don't do it, others will force it anyway. BTC goes as XBT in the codes used by Bloomberg and Xe, two of the largest finance/currency sites because the X prefix is used for all supranational currencies and commodities. This is also why Ripple is XRP, Counterparty is XCP, and Primecoin is XPM. Part of the reason it makes sense for Monero is to legitimize it further because an anonymous coin is naturally prone to being associated with the black market.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Im going to be straight up. That logo is absurd.

Great software, great devs. Cant fault that. Marketing is below standard. That logo needs to go. I would like to know what respectable, profit driven pr/marketing firm would endorse such a thing. That is the furtherest image from professional and trustworthy. Truly, I have seen scamcoins produce better. Great marketing comes with a price tag and doesn't come from a basement. Start a donation thread for marketing campaign/development and award the contract to a first class business- That is something I would support.

There seems to be this ridiculous notion in crypto that marketing is the last step or it is of no importance until the "code" is perfect.

You may have the best product in crypto but without marketing, nobody cares. There is a small percentage that have identified the potential but not nearly enough to sustain emission growth. Until your product is portrayed in its proper light people cannot relate.

Investors indirectly secure your blockchain. Without us there is no miner incentive.

There is a bright future for the coin if it can secure market share as the dominant "anon' coin. Take your time and someone will fork cryptonote to make the hottest coin of 2014 (prob some X11 derivative. When X11 is old, they will just hard fork it). Without a doubt some noob is already working on this.

I have no problem with forks. Thats the nature of open source. If your not doing it well, somebody will come along and do it better.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
It's open source. Why not fork and launch your personal revolution? One could argue that's the point of open source.

You could even put in the emission change instamine you were demanding earlier. Tongue

Currency is a natural monopoly.  Forking is a form of defection.  Thus I consider it immoral unless there is a compelling justification which outweighs the defection.

This isn't specifically detected at you but I think people get somewhat confused about concepts like natural monopolies and network effect. These are largely descriptive concepts rather than prescriptive. If it is a natural monopoly then in practice one will drive out all others, but the one that does survive has to do a lot right to make it in a (temporarily at least) fiercely competitive environment. I don't discourage or resent forks -- even worthless ones -- the way many of the bitcoin uber alles crowd tend to do. Only by surviving the hits do you demonstrate your fitness.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Alright good, I want a painted image of me posing. I know I'm skinny, but paint me with a eight pack and bulging biceps.

This I can do!

Haha you haven't seen my logo skills...

..Let's just say they are below average...

Hey, Im a big fan of powerpoint coin logos, lol

It's the future...
Activity: 994

Hey, Im a big fan of powerpoint coin logos, lol
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
On the contrary, I demanded a longer emission schedule and even offered to slack my stash in half to keep it fair as an early adopter to give Monero a longer lifespan.

By the way, I am 100% for reducing emission and slashing our stake.

Smiley

It'll build a stronger price in the next couple of years and we'll get more money per coin than way less money per coin if not.

I vote for reduced emission and slashed stake.

I vote for an entirely new coin called, Polymero, with a reduced emission and slashed stake.

I'll do the logo.

Alright good, I want a painted image of me posing. I know I'm skinny, but paint me with a eight pack and bulging biceps.
legendary

Sorry guys, but Im not happy with how things are going! The logo is dull and plain as hell and doesnt stick out among 100 generic insurance company logos you can find in any phone book. Thats not even the troubling part. What really grinds my gears is that apparently you tackle the "professional" approach to run this project from the wrong end, submitting to some BS ISO compliance codes and choosing generic company logos for a project like this in a community like this is clearly the wrong way to go. You are supposed to think outside the box and not try to fit in it! This is the Crypto Revolution and not some credit card scheme 2.0. Please take the courage to be original, the community will thank you for it.

I like the Missives post and hope to see more of it regularly to keep us in the loop. Thats where Monero could shine over Bitcoins detached development team. Pls go on!

It's open source. Why not fork and launch your personal revolution? One could argue that's the point of open source.
Because I'd like to give some input into this particular project to make it better. To fork everytime you get upset about some trifle is not the way to go. Im voicing my concerns even of it means to critique. If I have come across a bit harsh, I'd like to apologize because it was not my intent to hurt but to remind everybody what chance we have to turn this project into something unique and powerful. Not the rebuild a rehash of overcome systems.

It is indeed constructive input and will have an impact. Decisions have to be made and not everyone will be happy with every one but you are definitely heard.
legendary
I vote for an entirely new coin called, Polymero, with a reduced emission and slashed stake.

I'll do the logo.

Blasphemy

I'll do the logo.

Blasphemy
legendary
On the contrary, I demanded a longer emission schedule and even offered to slack my stash in half to keep it fair as an early adopter to give Monero a longer lifespan.

Smiley

It'll build a stronger price in the next couple of years and we'll get more money per coin than way less money per coin if not.

Please do. When you fail you make Monero stronger. Oh wait it's already called QCN.
legendary

Smiley

I'll do the logo.
Activity: 294

Smiley

legendary

Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing

I like the logo, very professional looking.

This could be a contender of #2 position if the GUI wallet comes along with working anonymity. Looks like its well on its way. I think this coin has huge potential and everyone should be buying and mining some.

Mooooonero!  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Sorry guys, but Im not happy with how things are going! The logo is dull and plain as hell and doesnt stick out among 100 generic insurance company logos you can find in any phone book. Thats not even the troubling part. What really grinds my gears is that apparently you tackle the "professional" approach to run this project from the wrong end, submitting to some BS ISO compliance codes and choosing generic company logos for a project like this in a community like this is clearly the wrong way to go. You are supposed to think outside the box and not try to fit in it! This is the Crypto Revolution and not some credit card scheme 2.0. Please take the courage to be original, the community will thank you for it.

I like the Missives post and hope to see more of it regularly to keep us in the loop. Thats where Monero could shine over Bitcoins detached development team. Pls go on!

You could even put in the emission change instamine you were demanding earlier. Tongue

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas

Currency is a natural monopoly.  Forking is a form of defection.  Thus I consider it immoral unless there is a compelling justification which outweighs the defection.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Neozaru's progress on this has been excellent, by the way: https://github.com/Neozaru/bitmonero-qt

I didn't know someone was working on it, wow!

Yup, should be done and polished pretty quick.

I disagree with you and I think this is positive change, see, nothing will change the fact Monero is the strongest CN coin with inherent anonymity features that surpasses Bitcoin, all we are missing now is a qt gui.  

Neozaru's progress on this has been excellent, by the way: https://github.com/Neozaru/bitmonero-qt

This alone will be massive and will alow alot of outside adoption to those with little technical skills. Now I dont particularly enjoy saying that, but its what is best for the coin I suppose. I will still enjoy the good old days and hope the devs keep both aspects of this coin and dont focus primarily on the qt wallet
Activity: 560

I disagree with you and I think this is positive change, see, nothing will change the fact Monero is the strongest CN coin with inherent anonymity features that surpasses Bitcoin, all we are missing now is a qt gui.  

Activity: 252
Might have been Smooth who posted something about it a few pages back, but I'm also thinking that there is something wrong with the open source pool code vs daemon vs miner which is penalising the smaller pools. Moneropool.com keeps going over 50% hashrate not because they do anything special, but because miners get the highest returns there, and the more of the hashrate a single pool controls the more the rest of the network is penalised.

Hashrate is too low on my pool currently to discount bad luck, but other pools appear to show similar results. Since it wont annoy many ppl I'll switch pool over to testnodes setup when I have time in the next day or two and do some more testing Smiley

This is still more a theory than provable fact currently, so if anyone has suggestions they are welcome.
Jump to: