Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1985. (Read 4670562 times)

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Hello,

I am shitting in your thread.

Monero held a contest for logo design where they offered 300 MRO, solicited over 60 designs and asked for changes, then cancelled the contest. They're now running a new one on another site, with all nine pages of designs, feedback and revisions submitted on bitcointalk up for other designers to draw on for inspiration.

Scummy, isn't it? If you offer money for designs, and you're given designs, you pay what you said you'd pay. Period. If you made a mistake in setting up the contest, you PAY for your mistake. You should have paid for your mistake in MRO for a design that you might not think is perfect, but which you then own outright and take elsewhere to tweak. This is what ethical people would have done.

But you've chosen to pay for your mistake by using your reputation as collateral. So...

Fuck you, monero, your team doesn't deserve support or respect. I don't care if this clusterfuck of a design contest came out of stupidity or malice, you've shown you don't know what you're doing. If you can't run a simple design contest with a shred of integrity, then you SURE AS FUCK can't properly develop a cryptocurrency that you expect the whole world to latch onto.

I 100% agree, and that is COMPLETELY not acceptable. Our aim was to open it up to different designers on 99designs to get a solid feel, not to cheat anyone. Currently my favourite design is still one in the thread. Let me say this to ensure absolute clarity: if you submitted a design in the logo design thread and it is the one we choose you will receive the 300 MRO and not a penny less.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
sent anyone a request to coinmarketcap?
Yes

do we have a api that show the coins in real time?
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
CS Student - BC Logo Guy

Hmm, 60 designs submissions and only one complaint about moving the contest to https://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/monero-mro-cryptocurrency-logo-design-contest-382486 to get more submissions.  There is nothing from stopping you from refining your logo and submitting to this site.  I just looked and it appears that several people have already done just that.

A logo contest contest doesn't pay for designs, it rewards the winner of the contest.  The contest isn't cancelled it is still ongoing as there has been nobody with a winning logo.  Nothing is stopping you from submitting as many logo's as you want to that site.  You can still enter and win if you design the winning logo.  Do you expect to get paid for just a submission?  Because that doesn't happen anywhere.

No, I think the main problem is that the contest thread promised a reward denominated in MRO, and now it's been changed to be worth less money, expanded to a larger audience, and pushed further back. The bait-and-switch tactic has  definitely left a bad taste in many mouths.
legendary
Activity: 300
in this second someone just easy buy monero for over 11 btc in on order, insane  Shocked

2014-05-20 18:02:38   Buy   0.006678   1731.55288358   11.56331015 BTC

once this coin get to cryptsy or mintpal, you'll see this thing frequently  Cool
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
just got back from my tea leaves, and i was able to confirm from my crystal ball. there will be more bashing in the days ahead
legendary
in this second someone just easy buy monero for over 11 btc in on order, insane  Shocked

2014-05-20 18:02:38   Buy   0.006678   1731.55288358   11.56331015 BTC
Activity: 252
just bought some MRO and tried to withdraw, but it seems Poloniex withdrawal for MRO doesn't work. Status of the withdrawal now is ERROR.

Is there anyone has same problem or just me ?

go to the trollbox on poloniex.... and ask them to withdraw manually... i had same issue... but this worked everytime... hope it helps
legendary
sent anyone a request to coinmarketcap?
Activity: 910
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Hello,

Monero held a contest for logo design where they offered 300 MRO, solicited over 60 designs and asked for changes, then cancelled the contest. They're now running a new one on another site, with all nine pages of designs, feedback and revisions submitted on bitcointalk up for other designers to draw on for inspiration.

Scummy, isn't it? If you offer money for designs, and you're given designs, you pay what you said you'd pay. Period. If you made a mistake in setting up the contest, you PAY for your mistake. You should have paid for your mistake in MRO for a design that you might not think is perfect, but which you then own outright and take elsewhere to tweak. This is what ethical people would have done.

But you've chosen to pay for your mistake by using your reputation as collateral. So...

Fuck you, monero, your team doesn't deserve support or respect. I don't care if this clusterfuck of a design contest came out of stupidity or malice, you've shown you don't know what you're doing. If you can't run a simple design contest with a shred of integrity, then you SURE AS FUCK can't properly develop a cryptocurrency that you expect the whole world to latch onto.

Hmm, 60 designs submissions and only one complaint about moving the contest to https://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/monero-mro-cryptocurrency-logo-design-contest-382486 to get more submissions.  There is nothing from stopping you from refining your logo and submitting to this site.  I just looked and it appears that several people have already done just that.

A logo contest contest doesn't pay for designs, it rewards the winner of the contest.  The contest isn't cancelled it is still ongoing as there has been nobody with a winning logo.  Nothing is stopping you from submitting as many logo's as you want to that site.  You can still enter and win if you design the winning logo.  Do you expect to get paid for just a submission?  Because that doesn't happen anywhere.
Monero Core Team
Yep, anyone can just resubmit it to the new site. Takes 30 seconds to sign up and I see several submitters from the forum thread already did. The point was to get way more designs and have more choice for the same amount of money (which is already happening).
As a reminder: http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/monero-mro-logo-design-contest-382486/brief
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Hello,

I had nothing to do with this coin until yesterday so this is an outsider's observation.

• None of the designs are particularly striking, to be honest.
  • Sometimes nobody wins a contest. It's not like a contract where they are obligated to compensate you.
  • Enter the new competition on the other site?

Yep, anyone can just resubmit it to the new site. Takes 30 seconds to sign up and I see several submitters from the forum thread already did. The point was to get way more designs and have more choice for the same amount of money. In fact, that's already happening. It makes sense for the Monero community, but it ups the competition from the artists' perspective.

And, yes, sometimes no one wins a contest. Actually, that's not even uncommon.
Activity: 798
just bought some MRO and tried to withdraw, but it seems Poloniex withdrawal for MRO doesn't work. Status of the withdrawal now is ERROR.

It is an issue a few people have had, if you use irc join freenode channel #monero and ask about it in there. One of the poloniex guys was in there early asking people who had got that error.
Activity: 300

could soneone send me some monero... even just 0.005 so i can test the cryptonote wallet?

appreciate the help

48fFK4o2JK1A5JvJchyStXXww6U19QSp9FyJBSATjCibW5yCK7frDFNbLF3DnxwKUacTTx3g3cjg7dv Nmok3utCBGEYuUSW
Sent you 0.005 for testing

thankyou for thaat, it worked thats i needed ... i appreciate your help
Monero Core Team
These traders are really playing with my emotions.
10/200 rule and you'll be fine Smiley
could soneone send me some monero... even just 0.005 so i can test the cryptonote wallet?

appreciate the help

48fFK4o2JK1A5JvJchyStXXww6U19QSp9FyJBSATjCibW5yCK7frDFNbLF3DnxwKUacTTx3g3cjg7dv Nmok3utCBGEYuUSW
Why don't you buy some? Don't tell me you don't have any BTC or alt.

i have some alts, but i bought under the withdrawal limit and cant take it out
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"

appreciate the help

Sent you 0.005 for testing
Monero Core Team

appreciate the help

Why don't you buy some? Don't tell me you don't have any BTC or alt.
Jump to: