Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1983. (Read 4670562 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

PS Re: logo contest. I regret I didn't send at least 1 MRO for the bounty so my voice would actually mean something. But I have to say it's very, very sad to look what's going on. One word: greed. I really appreciate all the work devs did with Monero, but this logo contest...

Actually he did it again, the bounty on 99designs was $500 this morning, now it changed to $300. It's a shame because I like the coin and its technology.
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪
what do you guys think about Boolberry (previously HoneyPenny) ? It is supposed to be launched on April but somehow it was delayed till now.

I believe this delay make BOOLB losing a lot of opportunity. Monero is getting all attention now.

At first I thought it's a joke but now I'm mining it, dev looks pretty solid.
I wouldn't say boolb lost anything, Monero is paving way for all CryptoNote based coins. Dev put a lot of work into it, there are some nice features eg. aliases, and some less nice eg. "tax". I'm not sure about hashing algo, but same can be said for Monero.
I just don't get the name... It's crazy for me.
Monero on the other hand has a great name and I love the fact it's taken from Esperanto language.

PS Re: logo contest. I regret I didn't send at least 1 MRO for the bounty so my voice would actually mean something. But I have to say it's very, very sad to look what's going on. One word: greed. I really appreciate all the work devs did with Monero, but this logo contest...
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Getting 115.53 H/sec max on i7 960 with 8 threads on monero.crypto-pool.fr using simpleminer

On minergate software 98 H/sec max,

maybe better to stick with the simpleminer?

any news on a working windows cpuminer..?
legendary
Activity: 1421
Merit: 1001
Hello, i have one problem!

When i strat mining all is good, i find share but when the diff change i have only rejected share!

How to fix this problem?

Need help, please

Thanks
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I followed this guide:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annxmr-one-click-monero-miner-613072

No pools except http://monero.crypto-pool.fr/ allowed me to connect

I mined all night with 1kh/s, not even 0.000001 in my wallet

Wallet loads proper when I run bitmonerod.exe and try to refresh wallet i get
Error: refresh failed: daemon is busy. Please try later. Blocks received: 0

Could someone please help me get this working? I don't know why the other pools give me errors when connecting and the crypto-pool doesn't.

I think you mistaken 1 H/s to 1 KH/s. The hash rate showed on miner is in H/s.
My mistake it's not 1 Kh/s
(  Hash Rate: 97.22 H/sec ) is what shows on pool. I confused 100h/s as 1kh/s instead of 1,000h/s
What I need help on is the other things mentioned, if you can help with those then that would actually be appreciated
use pool @ minergate.com , and you should get about 1 MRO with current diff and your hash rate.
You have to wait until blockchain is synced in deammon, than you can refresh wallet

How can you guarantee that?

I'm on Extremepool with more than 3 times the hasrate of Minergate and it's quite difficult to find blocks..
Activity: 616
btw. maybe the pumper that right now pump monero (or i better say buy it) knew a little bit more? maybe we are on mintpal in the next minutes?

Choice markets are usually added on wednesdays or thursdays. Let's hope for the best. They're capable coders..
Activity: 560
My deamon says sync data returned unknown top block? In yellow letters? Any tips please.

I bought a bunch of these 2 days ago and now the price has gone up I want them off the exchange asap but I am struggling to get the wallet working in windows.

That's just normal syncing. I recommend starting from one of the blockchains in the OP to speed things up.
legendary
Activity: 1386
btw. maybe the pumper that right now pump monero (or i better say buy it) knew a little bit more? maybe we are on mintpal in the next minutes?
legendary
maybe someone can retweet this, so mintpal add us

https://twitter.com/WhalePump/status/468817088078155778
Just did.
1100 BTC is crazy high for Poloniex. Even for Mintpal it would be respectable.

thx

btw 1100 btc would be second place on mintpal

darkcoin has 1500 btc
and the second coin caix has only 500 btc volume in 24 hours

MONERO HAS OVER 1000 BTC!
This would be the successful coin after darkcoin on mintpal ever

i bet they add us tonight and then the price go over 0.01  Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
maybe someone can retweet this, so mintpal add us

https://twitter.com/WhalePump/status/468817088078155778
Just did.
1100 BTC is crazy high for Poloniex. Even for Mintpal it would be respectable.
As far as I know none of the designs from the contest/bounty were considered any good and none of them will be used. If this is not the case, and your design is in fact being used, then you should be paid, and I will make sure that happens. Is this the case?

Not a total lack of quality submissions, just the small number relative to what could be achieved for the same amount now that the price increased. See above -- it was moved to a different site to open it up to all artists and will go on for 6.5 more days. In 12 hours it already has more submissions than the forum contest. I welcomed all artists to resubmit to the new venue (some already did). It can be done within a few seconds by signing up. People were unhappy with the MRO to USD move at 99designs.com, but an MRO payment can be arranged if a forum member is the contest winner.
legendary
it look like the next pump begin on poloniex

you better buy a few minutes ago  Grin

a 16 btc buy order @ 0.006

0.00600000   2787.75381623   16.7265229 BTC
Activity: 543
I followed this guide:

Could someone please help me get this working? I don't know why the other pools give me errors when connecting and the crypto-pool doesn't.

(  Hash Rate: 97.22 H/sec ) is what shows on pool. I confused 100h/s as 1kh/s instead of 1,000h/s
What I need help on is the other things mentioned, if you can help with those then that would actually be appreciated
use pool @ minergate.com , and you should get about 1 MRO with current diff and your hash rate.
You have to wait until blockchain is synced in deammon, than you can refresh wallet
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Hello,

I am shitting in your thread.

Monero held a contest for logo design where they offered 300 MRO, solicited over 60 designs and asked for changes, then cancelled the contest.

I had nothing to do with the logo contest. In fact I had a wallet for holding the a logo bounty (I hold most or all the bounties for MRO), but it was empty.

I was recently told that the people running the logo effort didn't think any of the designs were any good and decided not to adopt any of them, and therefore not to award any prize. The same thing would happen with the open source pool bounty or any of the other ones if no one delivered usable code

Scummy, isn't it? If you offer money for designs, and you're given designs, you pay what you said you'd pay. Period. If you made a mistake in setting up the contest, you PAY for your mistake. You should have paid for your mistake in MRO for a design that you might not think is perfect, but which you then own outright and take elsewhere to tweak. This is what ethical people would have done.

As far as I know none of the designs from the contest/bounty were considered any good and none of them will be used. If this is not the case, and your design is in fact being used, then you should be paid, and I will make sure that happens. Is this the case?
legendary
it look like the next pump begin on poloniex
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
I didn't know about this. That is my mistake.

We have moved out some of our investment.

Bytecoin was forked into a coin that the community could participate in from day one.
Alas, none of the bugs or short comings were fixed in doing that— and it doesn't appear that any of the people involved in it have the background for the low level work. So you might have just written out the only active developers of the software, may not bode well for continued development.

is this fud?

he claims to be an expert and he implies he has his finger on the pulse of cryptocurrency. yet, he found out about this coin 1 month after it has come out. I had only heard of bitcoin in passing, never knew whta it was and signed up on bitcointalk and found out about this coin the day it was announced. either he is a fud spreder, or this should be humbling as he may not be the expert he claims to be.

i am not in the mining business - but this is kind of funny. It was completely visible here. I found this coins maybe 3-4 after the announcement, the thread already had 20 pages, there was a well managed otc trade in the marketplace. what do people expect? - an anouncement in the new york times?

gmaxwell is one of Bitcoin's most important core devs, so this is not FUD or ignorance. He is a genuine expert. In the altcoin space, a pre-announced launch on this forum is considered 'fair', but it's likely you'd miss it if you only follow Bitcoin communication channels.

Some context is needed. gmaxwell is among those who believe altcoins have little reason to exist (there are many fair reasons to think that, and it's flat-out true for most altcoins). So he likely sees Bytecoin as a testbed for innovation from which Bitcoin can learn, but doesn't care for the ultimate fate of it as a separate currency.

From this perspective, Monero is ruining the party by doing a fair launch and overtaking Bytecoin is usage because Bytecoin devs might now lose interest because their coin isn't getting used. From our community's perspective, it's worth trying to make CryptoNote succeed on its own and only a publicly launched one has the legitimacy required to succeed.

The point about the emission curve is a fair one. Several of us including me wanted to change but the community as a whole didn't like it. It's not a huge deal -- after all Bitcoin has implanted an idea in our heads for how a coin "should" distribute over time, but there's no fundamental theoretical backing.

so he thinks that the only techonology that is worth investing (exisiting is bitcoin) this is no different from the narrow minds that we see here regarding anonimity and the dark coin fanatics who see no reason for any other alt existing in the anonymity space. as educated as he is, he is not above greed, closed mindedness, or any other characteristic that befalls FUD spreaders. His comment was negative and baseless. same as any FUD
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
My deamon says sync data returned unknown top block? In yellow letters? Any tips please.

I bought a bunch of these 2 days ago and now the price has gone up I want them off the exchange asap but I am struggling to get the wallet working in windows.
This is normal. It meas you aren't yet synced with the latest block (top block). You should wait until it says "SYNCHRONIZED OK" until refreshing the wallet. If you want you can view blocks as they're added by typing
Code:
set_log 1
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I followed this guide:

(  Hash Rate: 97.22 H/sec ) is what shows on pool. I confused 100h/s as 1kh/s instead of 1,000h/s
Jump to: