Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1990. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
How much can someone mine with an amd fx 6300 / day?

Info would be helpful, i'm dumb when it comes to cpu mining.
ftp://
Traumschiff, I'm mining on a Phenom II 965 running 4 instance of simpleminer. Averaging ~50h/s on the pools,it will fluctuate depending on the shares submitted. So i guess yours should be more. I'm getting an average of 0.023MRO per block, peanuts but its better than nothing.  Cheesy .
ty for the helpful response. And how many blocks would u guess u get daily in the pool u mine?

I'm currently pointed to extremepool.org. You can check the pool block info here http://extremepool.org/#pool_blocks. But as of now the last blocks found was 7 hours ago, maybe due to the fact that the net hash is getting higher by the hour.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001
180 BPM

Traumschiff, I'm mining on a Phenom II 965 running 4 instance of simpleminer. Averaging ~50h/s on the pools,it will fluctuate depending on the shares submitted. So i guess yours should be more. I'm getting an average of 0.023MRO per block, peanuts but its better than nothing.  Cheesy .
ty for the helpful response. And how many blocks would u guess u get daily in the pool u mine?
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
Activity: 6
Why the pools find so few blocks?

Because this is still being mined by big solo entities. Compare the net hash with the pools hash.

Ok, but with an 16/17KH/s hashrate the pool should find at least 13/14 blocks per day, isn't it?
Activity: 14

Activity: 16
Any working pool ?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Because this is still being mined by big solo entities. Compare the net hash with the pools hash.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Help please

Code:
./simplewallet --wallet wallet.bin
bitmonero wallet v0.8.6.295()
password: ********
Error: failed to load wallet: failed to read file "wallet.bin"

is it wallet form win?
just copy wallet.bin.keys
you don`t need wallet.bin. remove it. and than open wallet

I copied wallet.bin.keys
Code:
 ./simplewallet --wallet wallet.bin                                                                                                                ⏎
Error: failed to load wallet: file wallet.bin does not correspond to wallet.bin.keys

remove wallet.bin.
you just need wallet.keys

Thanks!
Activity: 6
Activity: 311
Help please

Code:

is it wallet form win?

I copied wallet.bin.keys
Code:
 ./simplewallet --wallet wallet.bin                                                                                                                ⏎
Error: failed to load wallet: file wallet.bin does not correspond to wallet.bin.keys

remove wallet.bin.
you just need wallet.keys
Help please

Code:

is it wallet form win?

I copied wallet.bin.keys
Code:

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001
180 BPM

Help please

Code:

is it wallet form win?

Help please

Code:

less simplewallet.log

2014-May-20 14:55:55.938367 bitmonero wallet v0.8.6.295()
2014-May-20 14:56:00.609398 Loaded wallet keys file, with public address: 4AqWKmfKGGshBuG6qHEM5KNTmZwY3Vqn4Ev2KioFSmokNe3vjWamkxmJnYCpySpATnHQAdnxSKJ2BWmRuVjBps3R5xYhCzP
2014-May-20 14:56:00.632307 ERROR /home/stas/boost_1_55_0/bitmonero/src/common/boost_serialization_helper.h:82 Exception at [unserialize_obj_from_file], what=input stream error
2014-May-20 14:56:00.632360 ERROR /home/stas/boost_1_55_0/bitmonero/src/wallet/wallet2.cpp:507 !r. THROW EXCEPTION: error::file_read_error
2014-May-20 14:56:00.632384 /home/stas/boost_1_55_0/bitmonero/src/wallet/wallet2.cpp:507:N5tools5error15file_error_baseILi2EEE: failed to read file "wallet.bin"
2014-May-20 14:56:00.632426 Error: failed to load wallet: failed to read file "wallet.bin"
2014-May-20 14:56:00.632469 ERROR /home/stas/boost_1_55_0/bitmonero/src/simplewallet/simplewallet.cpp:305 could not open account
2014-May-20 14:56:00.632494 ERROR /home/stas/boost_1_55_0/bitmonero/src/simplewallet/simplewallet.cpp:1036 Failed to initialize wallet

Activity: 252
guys.....
what are the steps to take to withdraw monero from poloniex~???

i apreciate the help
Is there working minerd for windows 7 x64 ?

I followed this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annxmr-one-click-monero-miner-613072 for instructions and have it running on Win 7 and 8.1

ok, but i don`t wont simpleminer, i want minerd for winodws. Wink
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
Which <$500 CPU would you guys recommend for mining?
Activity: 252
could someone tell me how to withdraw monero from poloniex??

i tried once before but said error....

someone show me a simple way pleaseee
thanks

I have this prob yesterday, however it was working ok a few hours ago. Try again maybe

i tried withdrawing like any other coin, provided walletaddress and amount, and nothing...

what steps worked for you??

appreciate the help
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

There is no reason MRO cannot hit 10 million dollars market cap in the very near term.
I have never seen a market respond so strongly to a coin like this in awhile.
Records were set on Poloniex today and the buy demand is impressive.

People want to be there for that "Bitcoin" moment.
To get in early before missing out.

I think buyers and holders will be pleasantly surprised in the coming days.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Penalty for too large block size is disastrous in the long run.

Once MRO value increases a lot, block penalties will become more critical of an issue. Pools will fix this issue by placing a limit on number and size of transactions. Transaction fees will go up, because the pools will naturally accept the most profitable transactions. It will become very expensive to send with more than 0 mixin. Anonymity benefits of ring signatures are lost, and the currency becomes unusable for normal transactions.

This should be removed in the coming hardfork.

I agree on most points. Something cleverer is needed because the current formula is too blunt. But the scenario you described is actually the system working as intended. The CryptoNote developers didn't want blocks getting very large without genuine need for it because it permits a malicious attack. So miners out of self-interest would deliberately restrict the size, forcing the network to operate at the edge of the penalty-free size limit but not exceed it. The maximum block size is a moving average so over time it would grow to accommodate organic volume increase and the issue goes away. This system is most broken when volume suddenly spikes.

how does a miner place transaction fees. from reading this, it seems as a miner can choose which transactions to process. how can this be done.
Jump to: