Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1992. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 394
Merit: 250
Crypto enthusiast
i'm new to monero and have been doing as much reading about it as possible and like what i see so took the plunge and bought some on the exchange and am mining it at the moment. from that reading it looks like monero leverages work done on bytecoin. question i have is it worth diversifying and holding some bytecoins too? they are currently very cheap to buy even accounting for the 10x number of coins they have. though, the supposed 80% premine is a turn off.
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
when sending coins from an exchange to the wallet do you still need a payment id? if so, how do you generate one with the wallet?

I would imagine that when sending from an exchange, there is either no payment ID or one is created automatically. Someone correct me if Im wrong.
I've transferred coins to/from cryptonote.exchange.to, all i needed was my wallet address, coins arrived fine without manually entering a payment ID.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
hash rate with that xeon quadcore was 50 - 85----- i added one more server to mine .... bringed it to 150- 170 now if i see good result i will plan to add some more servers ! Smiley

Huh, I average 160 with 16 threads but my return is still meager.. well, fun anyways.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I can't say much about it I'm afraid. Still it looks interesting.
Crypto enthusiast
Is there working minerd for windows 7 x64 ?

I followed this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annxmr-one-click-monero-miner-613072 for instructions and have it running on Win 7 and 8.1
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
when sending coins from an exchange to the wallet do you still need a payment id? if so, how do you generate one with the wallet?

I would imagine that when sending from an exchange, there is either no payment ID or one is created automatically. Someone correct me if Im wrong.
Crypto enthusiast
Activity: 311
Is there working minerd for windows 7 x64 ?
Trying to piggyback on the success of DarkCoin? Nice try. Little too late, little too ancient technology. Next time release 2 years earlier.

What a miserable remark.

Idiot.

Go and do some research and find out why dark's falling and this one's rising. I'm in both -there's good reason to be both. They are complimentary technologies and both have extremely have promising features.  When I see crap like this posted though it basically makes me want to dump everything I have in that asset just to screw holders that make scumbag posts like this one.

Whatever you do I wouldn't dump either, Im certain you'd probably be the one to loose out, rather than general holders  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188
Trying to piggyback on the success of DarkCoin? Nice try. Little too late, little too ancient technology. Next time release 2 years earlier.

What a miserable remark.

Idiot.

Go and do some research and find out why dark's falling and this one's rising. I'm in both -there's good reason to be both. They are complimentary technologies and both have extremely promising features.  When I see crap like this posted though it basically makes me want to dump everything I have in that asset just to screw holders that make scumbag posts like this one.
Activity: 649
Merit: 505
hash rate with that xeon quadcore was 50 - 85----- i added one more server to mine .... bringed it to 150- 170 now if i see good result i will plan to add some more servers ! Smiley
Activity: 263

Haterz gon' hate. Scared of the threat to your investment? Technology so ancient DRK are trying struggling to implement it  Roll Eyes

Haterz gon' hate. Scared of the threat to your investment? Technology so ancient DRK are trying to implement it  Roll Eyes
Activity: 530
ok  i got now my first monero in my wallet  ( 1.13 ++++ something ) after not even 12 hours of  pool mining by a crappy quadcore xeon x3450  ... im gonna bring some serious computational power now ! Smiley

What hashrate?
Activity: 649
Merit: 505
ok  i got now my first monero in my wallet  ( 1.13 ++++ something ) after not even 12 hours of  pool mining by a crappy quadcore xeon x3450  ... im gonna bring some serious computational power now ! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I've never done CPU mining. Is it better to mine with the wallet, or to mine with a program like minerd?

For now the wallet because all the other methods of mining seem somewhat buggy. They will probably get better over time.
K, thanks to both of you Smiley

I'm on simpleminer and it's working great, I just hate having to click through 16 windows when I wanna shut it down.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
<3 big picture
Hey,

is there a thread for that Lukas CPU miner? I'm getting an error "libsomehtingwomething is missing" and can't seem to find a solution..

I tried it on linux - but its buggy as hell and there are issues with long-polling which cause it to stop giving "yay"s and only "boooo"s.  So I'm back to using multiple instances of simpleminer.  I'd stick with simpleminer for now (which I'm using on Windows and Linux)
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Hey,

is there a thread for that Lukas CPU miner? I'm getting an error "libsomehtingwomething is missing" and can't seem to find a solution..

Re you on a debian-based linux? Then delete your old version and use this command, which also can be found on theGetting started page
Code:
cd ~ && rm install_monero.sh && wget https://ottrbutt.com/monero/install_monero.sh && bash install_monero.sh

Maybe you need to remove the "&& rm install_monero.sh", if you never used th script

Nah, win7 sadly. I feel ashamed..
The CPUMiner from LucasJones is atm not working on Windows. YOu have to wait for the bugfix. I recommend downloading the Easyminer and then putting latest binaries in the /binaries/64/ directory in the easyminer directory
Jump to: