Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2002. (Read 4670562 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
who is the lead dev for monero?

Tacotime. He's on vacation for another day or two.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
who is the lead dev for monero?
Activity: 850
Merit: 1000
Having problems getting this to work on Ubuntu 14.04. I downloaded Boost 1.55 directly from Boost, and when I ran sudo ./b2 this was the ouput:

Code:
gcc.compile.c++ bin.v2/libs/iostreams/build/gcc-4.8/release/threading-multi/bzip2.o
libs/iostreams/src/bzip2.cpp:20:56: fatal error: bzlib.h: No such file or directory
 #include "bzlib.h"  // Julian Seward's "bzip.h" header.
                                                        ^
compilation terminated.

"g++"  -ftemplate-depth-128 -O3 -finline-functions -Wno-inline -Wall -pthread -fPIC  -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB=1 -DBOOST_IOSTREAMS_DYN_LINK=1 -DBOOST_IOSTREAMS_USE_DEPRECATED -DNDEBUG  -I"." -c -o "bin.v2/libs/iostreams/build/gcc-4.8/release/threading-multi/bzip2.o" "libs/iostreams/src/bzip2.cpp"

...failed gcc.compile.c++ bin.v2/libs/iostreams/build/gcc-4.8/release/threading-multi/bzip2.o...
...skipped libboost_iostreams.so.1.55.0 for lack of bzip2.o...
...skipped libboost_iostreams.so.1.55.0 for lack of libboost_iostreams.so.1.55.0...
...skipped libboost_iostreams.so for lack of libboost_iostreams.so.1.55.0...
gcc.compile.c++ bin.v2/libs/iostreams/build/gcc-4.8/release/link-static/threading-multi/bzip2.o
libs/iostreams/src/bzip2.cpp:20:56: fatal error: bzlib.h: No such file or directory
 #include "bzlib.h"  // Julian Seward's "bzip.h" header.
                                                        ^
compilation terminated.

"g++"  -ftemplate-depth-128 -O3 -finline-functions -Wno-inline -Wall -pthread  -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB=1 -DBOOST_IOSTREAMS_USE_DEPRECATED -DNDEBUG  -I"." -c -o "bin.v2/libs/iostreams/build/gcc-4.8/release/link-static/threading-multi/bzip2.o" "libs/iostreams/src/bzip2.cpp"

...failed gcc.compile.c++ bin.v2/libs/iostreams/build/gcc-4.8/release/link-static/threading-multi/bzip2.o...
...skipped libboost_iostreams.a(clean) for lack of bzip2.o...
...skipped libboost_iostreams.a for lack of bzip2.o...
...skipped libboost_iostreams.a for lack of libboost_iostreams.a...
...failed updating 2 targets...
...skipped 6 targets...

What do I need to fix?
legendary
Why are people wanting this on more exchanges? It barely even functions. Right now, there are no reliable pools, and those pools when they work, are like 1 percent of the network total. So, most likely one or few people with access to like an university computer lab, is getting like 90%+ of the coins.

Anyway, this is in alpha stage not launch stage. I've been mining this for like 3 days and got 8 coins. LOL. And about a 1/4 of that time the pool just says disconnecting, trying again.
If you like Monero, you should try Bytecoin[BCN] - first CryptoNote coin https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bcn-bytecoin-secure-private-untraceable-since-2012-512747 , it has great pool and easy to mine miner https://minergate.com

yea bytecoin with 80% premine  Roll Eyes
I dont care if it is true or not. Dont get me wrong, I like bcn and monero, but for me Monero is beeing instamined right now, cos solo is out of question if you are not botnet, and pools are complete joke. Hope for better days.

Solo is not out of the question. You get your fair share, and over the course of a week or two, even with just one or two computers, you probably end up with more after factoring in pool fees and "issues."
Activity: 543
Merit: 500
Why are people wanting this on more exchanges? It barely even functions. Right now, there are no reliable pools, and those pools when they work, are like 1 percent of the network total. So, most likely one or few people with access to like an university computer lab, is getting like 90%+ of the coins.

Anyway, this is in alpha stage not launch stage. I've been mining this for like 3 days and got 8 coins. LOL. And about a 1/4 of that time the pool just says disconnecting, trying again.
If you like Monero, you should try Bytecoin[BCN] - first CryptoNote coin https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bcn-bytecoin-secure-private-untraceable-since-2012-512747 , it has great pool and easy to mine miner https://minergate.com

I dont care if it is true or not. Dont get me wrong, I like bcn and monero, but for me Monero is beeing instamined right now, cos solo is out of question if you are not botnet, and pools are complete joke. Hope for better days.
legendary
Activity: 1386
from 0.0030 - 0.0038 are over 54 BTC in buy orders  Shocked
legendary
holy fuck

now it go crazy

1 buy wall (of a lot) is over 34 btc big! @ 0.0032

0.00320000   10758.50476559   34.42721525

over 85 BTC buy orders on poloniex
legendary
Sorry if this is a stupid question. I understand that Monero is a fork of ByteCoin. But is Monero the same thing as BitMonero? If they are different, what is the difference?

Bitmonero is the old name. It was renamed to Monero. Same coin, same blockchain. New name.

Activity: 715
the tech behind monero seems very interesting! I'm happy to know the coin at the beginning.
legendary
holy fuck

now it go crazy

1 buy wall (of a lot) is over 34 btc big! @ 0.0032

0.00320000   10758.50476559   34.42721525
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"

I completely agree. This coins reminds me alot of Maxcoin, wallet and miners are awful and yet there's people buying.

They are not aweful. They function great. The problem is no the wallet and miners, its the people who use them

Oh yeah ? Do you expect everyone to be happy using a command line client ? The average person isn't even going to try and use it.

And then there's the miners. The official miner is so badly optimized, that "LucasJones" miner can get 4 times the hashrate. But it only properly works for Linux of course. Yes, all is perfect.
cpuminer-multi does not get 4 times the hashrate. It only gets slightly more.
Activity: 994
Oh yeah ? Do you expect everyone to be happy using a command line client ? The average person isn't even going to try and use it.

And then there's the miners. The official miner is so badly optimized, that "LucasJones" miner can get 4 times the hashrate. But it only properly works for Linux of course. Yes, all is perfect.

This is basic computing. Not everyone can drive a stick shift, but hey they can get another car. If they cant use it, they can either 1 adapt and learn or find a coin that supports their wants. I love this coin cause it give me a chance to learn new stuff. People just want to get into something fast and be a early adopter and live the way we were living years ago.
pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501
Sorry if this is a stupid question. I understand that Monero is a fork of ByteCoin. But is Monero the same thing as BitMonero? If they are different, what is the difference?
Activity: 280
Who cares?

I completely agree. This coins reminds me alot of Maxcoin, wallet and miners are awful and yet there's people buying.

They are not aweful. They function great. The problem is no the wallet and miners, its the people who use them

Monero is a work in progress, like DRK was when it hit its first exchanges.  If you don't like the coin as it is currently, you can come back later.
legendary

legendary

The lucusjones miner (cpuminer/minerd) does not get four times the hash rate. Both miners are optimized now. (Cpuminer might be slightly more optimized.) If you are using simpleminer you need to start it multiple times, one for each thread.

Activity: 543

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Activity: 280
Who cares?

Silliest post of the day.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
https://github.com/LucasJones/cpuminer-multi

Who is this something exe for windows 7 x64 ?  Cry
Jump to: