Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1998. (Read 4670562 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Hope this is rally can sustain on gradual uptrend & not a dead cat bounce
EDIT: oops, sorry tacotime

Believe you me, this is a dead stinky cat. Dump it while it's worth something.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
The 32bit windows version from the first post does not run on a 32bit XP box. This coin is so broken, nothing works. Dev has been instamining for over a month..

wow. really? which dev.
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
This coins screams scam. I've tried to get some to cash in on the pump but seems like dev and his team are getting all the coins. Dump this shit and stick to crypto you are accustomed to.

lol that is rude.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?
This coins screams scam. I've tried to get some to cash in on the pump but seems like dev and his team are getting all the coins. Dump this shit and stick to crypto you are accustomed to.

No, YOURE screaming scam, the rest of us are enjoying MRO.
legendary
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

@fr0wn3r

Thank you for your reply which was really quick...

But I am using simpleminer on Win 7 x64 since I dunno anything about nix and compiling of cpuminer-multi etc.

6 threads, Core i7 920 and with 75% of utilization gives me around 75 H/s... but it is going up and down like on other pools, but not like this. Mostly around 50 H/s... I see the pool's hash-rate acts the same, falls over 10 times from 50 KH/s to 6 or so... So this problem must be hitting others too...

:/

Hey fr0wn3r, how are you getting 75 H/s , Im only getting 25 H/s on my Core i7 960 with simpleminer on 8 threads? thats what it says on monero.crypto-pool.fr

Hey mate. Well you must be mining with the old simpleminer, try using the one linked on google drive, from 17. 05. , here - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7RQILpPGrQbR1R4WDF6SVhwdW8&tid=0B7RQILpPGrQbYnF2OTA4NklrWmc . After that you can make two .bat files

1) start_pool_mining.bat

set /p var="Number of threads: "

set /a "x = 1"
:while1
if %x% leq %var% (
start start_simpleminer.bat
set /a "x = x + 1"
goto :while1
)

2) start_simpleminer.bat

simpleminer.exe --pool-addr=extremepool.org:7777 --login=address --pass 123

You start the mining process by clicking number one and type in number of threads you wanna use. Ports don't matter as far as I can tell... 5555 or 7777, same...

Thanks fr0wn3r,  that's better at 50 H/s and rising,,,
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Hey guys,

I knew I said I'd be back on Wednesday, but someone took it upon themselves to go firebomb the house next to my ex's. The fire spread to my ex's house and now my cats are dead and I need to take a detour flight out to collect their ashes.

Should be back Friday, I don't guarantee immediate productiveness. Noodledoodle should handle merging new PRs and maintaining the code base until then
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
What's the easiest way to update the client on linux from github? I'm trying to send some Monero to an exchange using the Payment ID but all I get is that I have the wrong address. I guess I have to update my client to support sending through a Payment ID.
Who cares?
The 32bit windows version from the first post does not run on a 32bit XP box. This coin is so broken, nothing works. Dev has been instamining for over a month..

Doesn't run on 13 year old operating system = instamine. Nice logic.

Thank you for your FUD. Now I know we're starting to make it.

Clue for you: Only 4% of the coin has been mined. If you think that's an instamine you are confused.

Who the fuck are you ? Nothing fucking works, GUI wallet keeps crashing, no standalone solo miner, pools hardly get any blocks (solo instamine in progress, probably gpu farm at it).  I'm out.

This shit coin will never be added to a real exchange, poloniex owner is desperate for new business as he keeps loosng customers due to hacks so he took time to add this shit.. Mintpal ? NEVER. Cryptsy ? NEVER. goodbye monero suckers.

Well that escalated quickly.
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
1. Install lubuntu
2. ??
3. Profit!
legendary

Clue for you: Only 4% of the coin has been mined. If you think that's an instamine you are confused.

Who the fuck are you ? Nothing fucking works, GUI wallet keeps crashing, no standalone solo miner, pools hardly get any blocks (solo instamine in progress, probably gpu farm at it).  I'm out.

This shit coin will never be added to a real exchange, poloniex owner is desperate for new business as he keeps loosng customers due to hacks so he took time to add this shit.. Mintpal ? NEVER. Cryptsy ? NEVER. goodbye monero suckers.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023
Anyone fill out the form to get Monero added to coinmarketcap.com yet?

i would do that, but i dont see a explorer (api) that show the total amount of coins in real time.

http://monerochain.info/stats

I realize this is not an API. Whoever is running that site could easily add an API though.

Please submit it to CMC for listing. Total coins URL is all that is needed. That URL will be fine.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/coinmarketcapcom-market-cap-rankings-of-all-cryptocurrencies-199685
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IZf5cBivam_93zENT_arFFuvWDidHGjWxoTMVmFSoWg/viewform

Only needs to be done once.
Activity: 98

It probably also doesn't run on DOS, Windows 95, Windows 98, and other assorted outdated operating systems. What a tragedy?

You are welcome to compile your own from the source. You're not 'owed' support on an outdated OS. Microsoft itself doesn't support XP anymore.

Its running on my commodore 64. 

I'm running it on my WANG
Who cares?

It probably also doesn't run on DOS, Windows 95, Windows 98, and other assorted outdated operating systems. What a tragedy?

You are welcome to compile your own from the source. You're not 'owed' support on an outdated OS. Microsoft itself doesn't support XP anymore.

Its running on my commodore 64. 
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

It's probably for your own good anyway. Using XP in the year 2014 is a nice way to get your wallet stolen with minimal effort from the attacker.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

legendary
Activity: 75
Someone compile the latest/fastest pool miner for x64 and x86 windows ASAP! The one that supports # of threads!
https://github.com/LucasJones/cpuminer-multi/releases/download/v1.0.1/cpuminer-multi.zip

Idk if it supports x86

Has anyone managed to run this miner on Win7 x64 and how? I see someone said that it gets an error of a missing .dll file... I do to...
Activity: 75

@fr0wn3r

Thank you for your reply which was really quick...

But I am using simpleminer on Win 7 x64 since I dunno anything about nix and compiling of cpuminer-multi etc.

6 threads, Core i7 920 and with 75% of utilization gives me around 75 H/s... but it is going up and down like on other pools, but not like this. Mostly around 50 H/s... I see the pool's hash-rate acts the same, falls over 10 times from 50 KH/s to 6 or so... So this problem must be hitting others too...

:/

Hey fr0wn3r, how are you getting 75 H/s , Im only getting 25 H/s on my Core i7 960 with simpleminer on 8 threads? thats what it says on monero.crypto-pool.fr

Hey mate. Well you must be mining with the old simpleminer, try using the one linked on google drive, from 17. 05. , here - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7RQILpPGrQbR1R4WDF6SVhwdW8&tid=0B7RQILpPGrQbYnF2OTA4NklrWmc . After that you can make two .bat files

1) start_pool_mining.bat

set /p var="Number of threads: "

set /a "x = 1"
if %x% leq %var% (
start start_simpleminer.bat
set /a "x = x + 1"
)

2) start_simpleminer.bat

simpleminer.exe --pool-addr=extremepool.org:7777 --login=address --pass 123

You start the mining process by clicking number one and type in number of threads you wanna use. Ports don't matter as far as I can tell... 5555 or 7777, same...
Activity: 153
Merit: 107
Now we need GUI wallet ASAP.
Jump to: