Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1997. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 500
DRK started out as CPU only.  I'm sure in time someone will figure out how to mine with GPUS.

The algo is nothing like the others.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?
What is your problem?  Nobody instamined anything.  

Don't feed the trolls.  Especially, don't quote them.  Probably a DRK bagholder, angry because MRO is superior technology.

Not Trolling: Truthfully, Honestly, I've given this A Lot of thought.

I think TacoTime should work with the Darkcoin Dev's  or Zerocash Dev's and leave Monero...

While Cryptonight is interesting at least, Darkcoin Dev's also are going to implement Ring Signatures in Darkcoin...and Zerocash is already in the making.
Taco is a great coder, don't get me wrong, but a CPU only coin like Monero is kind of disheartening, it could just get raided by botnets/hackers and most likely already has...and will continue to do so if it doesn't allow GPU mining..

DRK started out as CPU only.  I'm sure in time someone will figure out how to mine with GPUS.
Activity: 850
Merit: 1000
Ubuntu 14.04 now does have libboost 1.55 by default AFAIK. To install, use

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libboost1.55-all-dev

In 14.10, normal libboost-all-dev package is version 1.55 if anyone cares.

Thanks all! It was libboost1.55-all-dev that I needed.

It took a good hour for everything to make, but now bitmonerod is downloading the blockchain.

Thanks again!
Activity: 294

Don't feed the trolls.  Especially, don't quote them.  Probably a DRK bagholder, angry because MRO is superior technology.

Not Trolling: Truthfully, Honestly, I've given this A Lot of thought.

I think TacoTime should work with the Darkcoin Dev's  or Zerocash Dev's and leave Monero...

While Cryptonight is interesting at least, Darkcoin Dev's also are going to implement Ring Signatures in Darkcoin...and Zerocash is already in the making.
Taco is a great coder, don't get me wrong, but a CPU only coin like Monero is kind of disheartening, it could just get raided by botnets/hackers and most likely already has...and will continue to do so if it doesn't allow GPU mining..
Activity: 560

Let's not do MRO v. DRK on this thread. The technical capabilities are available for everyone to see (in the OPs and the white papers). The market can make a judgement in due time.

Also, as far as I can tell, he's not a DRK user. Just a generic troll. DRK itself gets trolled a lot so I think most of them probably identify with MRO in that respect.
Activity: 742
Merit: 501
I implore everyone to stick with their gut on this coin. A lot of Darkcoin fanatics will view Monero as a threat to their investment and spread nonsense. Some Darkcoin fantatics will share mutual respect, too.

I'm a Darkcoin fanatic.

I saw Monero as a threat to my investment.

So I bought some.

Now I'm a Monero fanatic as well  Wink

Welcome. TBH, we should probably be buying DRK as a hedge as well.

Evan has a chip on his shoulder with all the open hatorade last few months. That is why I have been in DRK as well. Saw taco, you and couple of others like MRO at the start and I got lucky to be mining it from the get go. I love both camps and like that they are both different derivatives.

I think both will overtake coins where the only differentiation was a different PoW which is about to become centralized by big corporations and medium businesses.

I support real developers who have their names out there and not some clowns coming up with ShitCoinDev, AbuseCoinTeam, LolcoinAdmin random names.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas

Don't feed the trolls.  Especially, don't quote them.  Probably a DRK bagholder, angry because MRO is superior technology.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Tacotime are planning to work on this project full time? Are you balancing this work with your MC2 project? Do you have a day job that you have to dedicate time to?

I work f/t on both chains, with weight leaning towards mc2

This is my day job

Thanks for all the kind words everyone,  See you guys Friday
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Ok, I now own 84 MROs. Let's see what they will buy me in a few weeks Smiley
Activity: 826
Tacotime are planning to work on this project full time? Are you balancing this work with your MC2 project? Do you have a day job that you have to dedicate time to?
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Hey guys,

I knew I said I'd be back on Wednesday, but someone took it upon themselves to go firebomb the house next to my ex's. The fire spread to my ex's house and now my cats are dead and I need to take a detour flight out to collect their ashes.

Should be back Friday, I don't guarantee immediate productiveness. Noodledoodle should handle merging new PRs and maintaining the code base until then
That's a shame.  Sad
Activity: 56

Sry to hear Taco Sad

It's too bad to hear that you're getting bad news on the day it should be the opposite.

Take care of what you need to and this will still be here and going strong when you get back!
Activity: 910
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Activity: 518
Never heard of this coin before but it sounds interesting.
Where can I buy some coins?  Smiley

poloniex.com
Activity: 280
Who cares?
Hey guys,

I knew I said I'd be back on Wednesday, but someone took it upon themselves to go firebomb the house next to my ex's. The fire spread to my ex's house and now my cats are dead and I need to take a detour flight out to collect their ashes.

Should be back Friday, I don't guarantee immediate productiveness. Noodledoodle should handle merging new PRs and maintaining the code base until then

Thats terrible Tacotime, sorry to hear it.  
Activity: 910
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Hope this is rally can sustain on gradual uptrend & not a dead cat bounce
EDIT: oops, sorry tacotime

Believe you me, this is a dead stinky cat. Dump it while it's worth something.

What is your problem?  Nobody instamined anything.  The Ann was posted but didn't attract any attention because it didn't have a fancy logo so people like you ignored it.  Now that the coin is doing great and you missed out all you can do is complain.  I am not a dev but I was mining in the beginning because I knew the technology behind the coin was sound and that it had a future.  I was right.  

If you smell anything stinky it's you.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Hey guys,

Sorry to hear that, sounds awful.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
This coins screams scam. I've tried to get some to cash in on the pump but seems like dev and his team are getting all the coins. Dump this shit and stick to crypto you are accustomed to.

Man, I don't even have a node running at the minute, i just logged in to post the above. If I'm getting all the coins I sure don't know about it.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Hey guys,

That sucks man, take it slow and do what needs doing, everything will still be here when you get back.
Activity: 42
Never heard of this coin before but it sounds interesting.
Where can I buy some coins?  Smiley
Jump to: